All-Star December 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I get what you mean about hitting solid to be a hit, but he typically only reports what would likely be deductions and none of those looked close to deduction worthy bobbles.
True. Its the OCD in me I guess...also from watching and rewatching WAG videos that I tend to be hyper critical. Lol

Senior Elite

Cheer Athletics - Panthers

I've quoted the videos and included a recording of Panthers for reference.

If we're just looking at pyramids, I can tell you that Panthers has the strongest pyramid. To many, that sounds ridiculous, but here's the reasoning:
On the surface, Senior Elite seems to have the most "breath taking" pyramid with all their transitions... but that's literally all it is, a pyramid with a tonne of flashy transitions, most of which have their flyers just land in a cradle position. Their actual pyramid structures are too static (bases barely move flyers while their in prep level and above).
F5 has, what seems to be, a somewhat weak pyramid with neither many transitions nor structures. It's just not dynamic enough.
Shooting Stars has a pretty decent pyramid,they hit structures and have transitions like the full twisting bow and arrows that are unique and difficult. However, just like Senior Elite, F5 and Panthers, pyramid structures are static.
Panthers is the only team (0ther than Orange, who didn't attend) to have actual pyramid structures travel across the mat. They also have a couple of transitions where flyers end up in prep level while hitting structures.

Demonstrating use of mat space is not limited to tumbling and dance, but stunts and pyramids too... judges want to see you fill up the space. Some people don't realise how difficult it is to move an entire structure half way across the mat in a single 8 count. I can tell you, it's difficult, if it doesn't look difficult then the athletes are doing a great job making it look easy. Even if your structures don't travel, they should be spread out at some point rather than clustered towards the centre of the mat the entire time.

I decided to only talk about pyramids because it seems to be the most misunderstood section of a routine. Having watched all 4 routines, I actually agree with the Large Senior standings (I haven't finished watched other divisions yet) after factoring in mistakes and all.

On a separate note, kudos to Cheetahs... I'm still a TGLC fan first, but it's an incredible feat scoring just 3 points behind TGLC when a quarter of your pyramid couldn't happen and had mistakes.

Last edited:
Cheer Athletics - Panthers

I've quoted the videos and included a recording of Panthers for reference.

If we're just looking at pyramids, I can tell you that Panthers has the strongest pyramid. To many, that sounds ridiculous, but here's the reasoning:
On the surface, Senior Elite seems to have the most "breath taking" pyramid with all their transitions... but that's literally all it is, a pyramid with a tonne of flashy transitions, most of which have their flyers just land in a cradle position. Their actual pyramid structures are too static (bases barely move flyers while their in prep level and above).
F5 has, what seems to be, a somewhat weak pyramid with neither many transitions nor structures. It's just not dynamic enough.
Shooting Stars has a pretty decent pyramid,they hit structures and have transitions like the full twisting bow and arrows that are unique and difficult. However, just like Senior Elite, F5 and Panthers, pyramid structures are static.
Panthers is the only team (0ther than Orange, who didn't attend) to have actual pyramid structures travel across the mat. They also have a couple of transitions where flyers end up in prep level while hitting structures.

Demonstrating use of mat space is not limited to tumbling and dance, but stunts and pyramids too... judges want to see you fill up the space. Some people don't realise how difficult it is to move an entire structure half way across the mat in a single 8 count. I can tell you, it's difficult, if it doesn't look difficult then the athletes are doing a great job making it look easy. Even if your structures don't travel, they should be spread out at some point rather than clustered towards the centre of the mat the entire time.

I decided to only talk about pyramids because it seems to be the most misunderstood section of a routine. Having watched all 4 routines, I actually agree with the Large Senior standings (I haven't finished watched other divisions yet) after factoring in mistakes and all.

On a separate note, kudos to Cheetahs... I'm still a TGLC fan first, but it's an incredible feat scoring just 3 points behind TGLC when a quarter of your pyramid couldn't happen and had mistakes.

ill agree senior elites pyramid just isnt as strong as it has been in past years, which is surprising to me since its typically their strongest point. I would say other then Panthers, SS also has a strong pyramid. I think F5 needs a pyramid overall, the past few years their pyramids have been more about tosses then actual building.

I believe a flyer was injured on Cheetahs and taken out on a stretcher last night.
As a parent I have no idea what type of warm ups are going on and I'm trusting it will be safe.

Just to clarify, when the Cheetah flyer got hurt, they were in warm ups doing pyramid on a mat. When she fell, she landed off the mat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back