High School Del Val Cheer Program

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wait, will someone explain the rules that allow them to compete. I would assume their actual school would not sign off on them actually competing and varsity wouldn't let them compete unless they are part of an actual school (whose admin gave them permission)

Wait, will someone explain the rules that allow them to compete. I would assume their actual school would not sign off on them actually competing and varsity wouldn't let them compete unless they are part of an actual school (whose admin gave them permission)
It sounds like you need to be a part of a cheerleading program that cheers for a varsity sport to compete Varsity Brand competitions. The St. Peter's cheerleading team cheers for the varsity football team, fulfilling that requirement. The girls can cheer at St. Peter's because it's a private school, so the school is permitted to allow non-student athletes on the team.

It sounds like you need to be a part of a cheerleading program that cheers for a varsity sport to compete Varsity Brand competitions. The St. Peter's cheerleading team cheers for the varsity football team, fulfilling that requirement. The girls can cheer at St. Peter's because it's a private school, so the school is permitted to allow non-student athletes on the team.
Thanks! I'm sure this will start beef between st. Peters and Del Val. It's awesome that she is coaching but at a certain point you have to wonder if this was the right decision as it might just create more drama.

I thought you could only do that if it was a sister school? I know we have an all boys school here, who cheerleaders are all females from the all girls sister school.

I thought you could only do that if it was a sister school? I know we have an all boys school here, who cheerleaders are all females from the all girls sister school.

Maybe the school doesn't have a sister school near them so I guess if the school gives them the green light they can do it.

What I would wonder about is does their home school, del Val, have to sign off on it... It could be seen as a violation of state athletic rules if the home school didn't sign off, or at least it's a violation in my state

What I would wonder about is does their home school, del Val, have to sign off on it... It could be seen as a violation of state athletic rules if the home school didn't sign off, or at least it's a violation in my state

Would probably depend on if cheer is even sanctioned by the state athletic association. Even that wouldn't stop them from competing with UCA, as UCA is generally a separate entity.

Would probably depend on if cheer is even sanctioned by the state athletic association. Even that wouldn't stop them from competing with UCA, as UCA is generally a separate entity.

True about the state association but if they were then it can impact them competing in with UCA. In my state the athletic association has to approve every event you go to so they could deny them the right to go (of course if they are sanctioned by the athletic association).

True about the state association but if they were then it can impact them competing in with UCA. In my state the athletic association has to approve every event you go to so they could deny them the right to go (of course if they are sanctioned by the athletic association).

Cheer in NJ is not a sanctioned sport.
I'm quite sure all of the particulars have been worked out as Kimi is a smart coach.
I wish her much luck... And her new team too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my state it isn't a sanctioned sport but we are part of the non althetics portion of our state athletic association. Pretty ridiculous sounding isn't it! Lol

Back