All-Star Discuss The Rules: Tax Id Defines A Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That rule... needs more thought. I understand the intention BUT even with the changes its not right. Needs to be tabled for next cycle.

To badly quote Dennis Worley: The word 'program' was used 29 times in all the rules discussion. If we haven't definied WHAT a program is, how do we discuss rules related to said program. That is ALL it is doing.

Or, hypothetically, let us say cheerleading invented tumbling. We do this flippy twisty thing. We all compete flippy twisty thingys. But until we define what that flippy twisty thing as a Full, how do we say some levels can have Fulls, and some cannot? Do we say no flippy twisty thingys?

I can't help but laugh here... My husband refers to that flippy twisty thing as a full twisting layout. My daughter can't stand it. "Daaaaaaddddddd it is JUST called a FULL!" He also drives her crazy by asking her when her team is going to earn an "Intergalactic" championship and jacket.

Anyway I'm all for the whole program equals EIN but I think the big guys will still find the loopholes in that if/when they need to.

I can't help but laugh here... My husband refers to that flippy twisty thing as a full twisting layout. My daughter can't stand it. "Daaaaaaddddddd it is JUST called a FULL!" He also drives her crazy by asking her when her team is going to earn an "Intergalactic" championship and jacket.

Anyway I'm all for the whole program equals EIN but I think the big guys will still find the loopholes in that if/when they need to.

Again, just to reiterate, this is not to stop anyone from doing anything. It is just to define WHAT a gym is.

idk, but I did hear Les tell Jamie no whippy thingys.

HAHAHAHAHA 1 of the best moments of the day.

Jamie...."So are we doing whips to tucks? Am I understanding right?"

Les....."You're not doing whips at all"

HAHAHAHA

so, how does this effect a team without their own tax id ? Our tax id is shared with all local youth sports programs, it's not our own...

so, how does this effect a team without their own tax id ? Our tax id is shared with all local youth sports programs, it's not our own...

Your program would be tied to that youth sports program in its solidarity as a program only. That is it.

How would this rule effect a program that doesn't have its own tax id? We are combined with all youth sports programs in our area :(

How would this rule effect a program that doesn't have its own tax id? We are combined with all youth sports programs in our area :(

You would use the tax id of the youth sports program??

Have to define what a program is, if you are going to have small gym and only be able to compete for one program a year. Neither of these will really affect anyone, if you can just sign a release and have your athlete compete for one location and then sign another for them to come back to the original. Or you could have a corporation be the parent company of all your separate gyms and have it both ways.
But it is necessary to define what a program is, perhaps we could use USASF Gym membership and you decide for the season when you pay your membership fee if all of your locations are one gym or multiple gyms

Have to define what a program is, if you are going to have small gym and only be able to compete for one program a year. Neither of these will really affect anyone, if you can just sign a release and have your athlete compete for one location and then sign another for them to come back to the original. Or you could have a corporation be the parent company of all your separate gyms and have it both ways.
But it is necessary to define what a program is, perhaps we could use USASF Gym membership and you decide for the season when you pay your membership fee if all of your locations are one gym or multiple gyms

holy cow, a sensible understanding of what this is by someone other than myself!

holy cow, a sensible understanding of what this is by someone other than myself!
yeah its just a procedural necessity. But I think my define a program when renewing the gym membership is a better proposal than ein numbers. Then it is set and defined for the season, instead of something that can be changed around and/or varies from state to state. I think I remember a guy from Nevada during the regional meetings said that each address even if they're physically connected requires a separate ein.

yeah its just a procedural necessity. But I think my define a program when renewing the gym membership is a better proposal than ein numbers. Then it is set and defined for the season, instead of something that can be changed around and/or varies from state to state. I think I remember a guy from Nevada during the regional meetings said that each address even if they're physically connected requires a separate ein.

You can have an overall EIN above all of them and just use that.

but if you use the USASF Gym Membership system then your program is set and defined for the season, without having to worry about corporate loopholes

Back