All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Someone help me make this side project accurate:
3cdf28011650d8cf3b0062cd2b78120e.jpg

ETA: I was doing this from other people's posts so I know this is wrong :D Still missing coaches from KC Cheer, Flyers, Hot Cheer and Pittsburgh SS if they are in this photo.

A do-over would have presented so many logistical problems. Not only time, space, scheduling, crowd attendance, scoring etc, but what about travel? I know most probably stayed but I'm willing to bet some of those Large Senior athletes were headed home Monday morning.

Personally I would rather change my travel plans than having my kid get hurt because of the conditions. To me it seems silly for USASF to have a rule(not competing pass 11pm) and they themselves not follow it [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly the majority of this needs to be fixed by the USASF and for anyone that knows me it's a big deal for me to say that. However that being said, there's also an underlying culture here of distrust going many different ways.

There were gyms that actively tried to overthrow the USASF (not debating whether that was good or bad) and that certainly has made the governing body suspicious of their intentions. There are things the USASF decided to do that the more vocal gyms protested, the USASF gave in, and then those changes ended up being a fiasco (for example - weren't LAG and LC supposed to be split at Worlds between the morning and night in the first place but the gyms complained?). Who's fault is that? Ultimately the USASFs because they made crappy decisions based on gym pressure. I understand how the USASF has gotten to the point of closing themselves off from input but it's incredibly unhealthy for a governing body.

They need to be open to input from gyms that have shown to be fair and balanced. They need to then make changes and stick to those changes by actually being accountable.

I thought he was the coach standing next to John Davenport (coach of Panthers). He was my shot in the dark because it looked like him but I wasn't 100% sure.

Not even close. That guy is way taller and appears to be younger than Victor.

I heard here that athletes who competed outdoors were told not to make travel plans to leave until Tuesday, since Monday night was the scheduled makeup if they had to cancel on Sunday due to weather.
Makes sense then.

Someone help me make this side project accurate:
3cdf28011650d8cf3b0062cd2b78120e.jpg

ETA: I was doing this from other people's posts so I know this is wrong :D Still missing coaches from KC Cheer, Flyers, Hot Cheer and Pittsburgh SS if they are in this photo.
The 2 blondes on the right that you have as MT look like Nicole and Kayra from HotCheer.

Aside from "matgate 2016", I had an issue with medium finalists being announced so late and then having medium all girl compete as the first division on Monday. With kids not sure if they are advancing until around 11:30, trying to fall asleep after learning they made finals, then having to be up by 6 to have enough time to get "performance ready" and go meet the team... My daughter barely got any sleep. Fortunately there were no major injuries this year but imo it's extremely dangerous to have these athletes competing such intricate skills with exhausted bodies and minds.

KC Cheer athletes noticed the floor was wet and reported it to their coach. The coach reported it to officials, they were the first team to go in large senior. Nothing was done.

Everything in the ball field was wet. The grass, the "carpet" the kids walked on to get to the tent, the metal ramp going up to the floor , for sure the red border and the metal ramp leading them off the floor to the instant replay video tent. NO way that floor wasn't soaked. Especially for Orange. Nothing but admiration for F5 hitting under those conditions!!! I know the routines SE has been putting on the floor all month in the gym and that routine wasn't it. I have to guess SS, Orange and Panthers have t either. I'm saddest for the teams because nobody got to see the perfection they worked so hard on the whole month of April!!! ...all of us lucky enough to have lined up at 4 pm to see our kid compete after 11:30 pm were a wet mess. (SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS FROM THE TIME I GOT IN LINE TO THE TIME I SAW MY KID PERFORM........this is the industry we are. It's how we treat the people who fill their pockets with our $$$).

My CP's stunt was one of our drops and she said immediately after coming off the floor she slipped on the line taking her out of position in the group. When I went to get Hayley from the allstar at 4 am to take her to the airport the kids shoes were still wet. (Kids in her room). Watching the best teams in the country at what they do, all fall apart the same night, (not F5......yAll rocked thAt poop!!!!) can not be a Coincidence. Last years injury ridden Large Coed division was the worst situation I had ever experienced until Sunday night.........you know who doesn't give a poop? Our governing body. They don't give a poop about my child. All they care about is my checks don't bounce to my gym so my gyms checks don't bounce when she write's them to them. (Millions she spends with them by the way)

(Sorry for the strange capitalization I'm typing while riding in the car)

Back