All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Someone correct me if I am wrong... but I believe that was somewhat the initial intent behind the Champions League. Some of the bigger gyms got together to create an "alternative". Not sure what sort of increased rebates or what Varsity must have dangled their way... but the rebellious ones were soon back to singing the Varsity tune.

Thank you, I don't know the backstory of the CL. I've heard/read about rumbling of revolts/mutiny type stuff but it all predated or happened around the time CP joined the sport and wasn't paying attention to the sport as a whole yet.

@mstealtoyou your post broke my heart. This is a kids sport for the most part. It blows my mind that kids and families are treated this way, and the kids are suffering and put at risk. Nobody should be making money off kids using unethical practices. It was pure luck that nobody was seriously injured or worse. Sadly, the tail is wagging the dog here.

Seeing the tape on those gates sends alarm bells. Fire marshals would have had a field day as this doesn't meet code, and Disney could also be held liable. Until there are consequences there will never be any change.

I may not have a monkey in this circus, but I am a business professional and coming at this situation from a business perspective. This is a tinder house ready to explode! All it'll take is outside eyes and a child rights group to catch wind and watch them go to town.

That's sweet, thank you. Our kids are so sad. The new routine they needed to be competitive, the 100's of hours they've spent perfecting it due to it being new, the 6 hours over the weekend they spent on repetition.......all of it for nothing. Imagine everything you worked toward for 8 months all being for nothing? I know how I feel and it's not my routine or reputation or pride on the line......our kids and Orange were all crying. I hugged every one of them and told them they are amazing and that night doesn't define them . What else are you supposed to say?

I haven't slept in 2 days. I cried all day yesterday, for all of them. (The division as a whole). I had myself on a 24 social media ban because I couldn't even discuss it without the strongest curse words I've ever used. (And, I would have been banned). Why? Because they can. Why? Because what's anybody going to do about it? Boycott Worlds? They don't care. They'll just fill the slots with other teams willing to overlook the negligence to be a World Champion, because cheer is big business to gyms whether you're mega, small, medium or large sized and medaling is good for business.

First of all I hurt not only for your daughter but all those athletes. I did not care who won. I always want to see all teams hit, no one injured, correct judging and fair for all. Obviously several of those things did not happen this weekend.

Sadly you are right about the future. Throw into that mix all the gyms owned by or being funded by the same EP and they will protect that World'$ baby.

That's sweet, thank you. Our kids are so sad. The new routine they needed to be competitive, the 100's of hours they've spent perfecting it due to it being new, the 6 hours over the weekend they spent on repetition.......all of it for nothing. Imagine everything you worked toward for 8 months all being for nothing? I know how I feel and it's not my routine or reputation or pride on the line......our kids and Orange were all crying. I hugged every one of them and told them they are amazing and that night doesn't define them . What else are you supposed to say?
I had to turn the "math" off to survive our time in cheer. I am so sorry @mstealtoyou --- what is supposed to be the culminating point of a season (win or lose) shouldn't ever end like this.

I haven't slept in 2 days. I cried all day yesterday, for all of them. (The division as a whole). I had myself on a 24 social media ban because I couldn't even discuss it without the strongest curse words I've ever used. (And, I would have been banned). Why? Because they can. Why? Because what's anybody going to do about it? Boycott Worlds? They don't care. They'll just fill the slots with other teams willing to overlook the negligence to be a World Champion, because cheer is big business to gyms whether you're mega, small, medium or large sized and medaling is good for business.

Question is, will USASF be able to even sell out the Milkhouse, much less both level's of the ball field, without the premier teams who drive their fan base to spend obscene amounts of $$$ to see their favorites?

This breaks my heart to hear from your perspective.

Think about how many teams CEA, Rays, etc. bring to Worlds. USASF would definitely perk up and make changes if everyone decided not to come unless _______ changes were made.

Hey, let's all go back to pre-Worlds life and make NCA the Super Bowl of cheer again. I'm okay with that.

While I agree... the thing is the premier gyms can't afford to pull out for long or they won't be the premier gyms anymore and varsity (ooops I mean usasf) knows it. If they can't blast "Gold Medalists x 1000" how do they draw athletes? Gyms need worlds for business. (I have seen the goliath where we used to live basically disappear when their level 5 program started to fall apart) That is why many smaller programs bring their "better off at level 4" teams to Worlds... it is all ultimately marketing.

True - I don't think it would realistically happen :) if there was a way it could - it would affect them. It is a no win situation at present I know.

This breaks my heart to hear from your perspective.

Think about how many teams CEA, Rays, etc. bring to Worlds. USASF would definitely perk up and make changes if everyone decided not to come unless _______ changes were made.

Hey, let's all go back to pre-Worlds life and make NCA the Super Bowl of cheer again. I'm okay with that.
NCA is just as problematic. They just have a more likeable spokesperson.

Coaches and/or athletes- what is the longest that you feel comfortable waiting between warmups to perform?

Not an athlete but a humble parent. This was not at worlds but a bid comp. My daughter and her team waited close to 40 minutes before their performance. They were next up and we could see them all standing behind the curtain. I do not remember the issue but they were not allowed to go back and warm up and they essentially had to hit the floor cold. It was ridiculous! All I can say at least the floor was not wet.

If the premier gyms/teams pulled out I believe it would hurt them - sure they would still have teams go, and gyms medal that may not have medaled before, but in the long run, I am not sure that would really matter. They would not have the same amount, nor number of fans attend if certain teams/gyms did not go. The "prestige" of worlds would also decline, because certain gyms did not attend, because you would not be competing with the best. It would hurt their bottom line.

Varsity/USASF has a 4.7 TRILLION dollar pocketbook. Every mega gym in the sport could ban together and boycott and that's not even a drop in their bucket.

NCA is just as problematic. They just have a more likeable spokesperson.
There are things I don't love about Varsity's level of influence. However, in terms of event logistics, NCA is usually a Ferrari and USASF is always a Pinto.

(I'll grant you that there are few people I like more than JC. The rank-and-file people working both events are actually all pretty likable.)

Last edited:
im confused did large senior and large coed not alternate back and forth while competing at finals this year. why is there no one crying foul over large coed having to compete in the same conditions, ive only heard people raise concern for large senior.

(( i was at work all day during finals, so i could be completely out of the loop, if this is incorrect))

I'm so sorry. :( They put their heart and soul into this. They're trained athlete's ready to give it their all and not having that chance to do so because of circumstances beyond control, that's the heartbreaking part. Parents having to line up and wait for 7hrs is ridiculous. The seats have numbers, how hard is it to assign tickets or have a priority entrance for families. These are common practice in other minor sports.

You're so right, one night doesn't define them. The kids on the teams that performed Sunday night (and all of the kids in general over the weekend) have much to be proud of. Know that those of us watching from home were with them in spirit and cheering them on. The same goes for the parents. You guys were just as invested with your time and money, supporting your kiddo's dream and passion. You have every right to grieve for the loss of a missed opportunity.

im confused did large senior and large coed not alternate back and forth while competing at finals this year. why is there no one crying foul over large coed having to compete in the same conditions, ive only heard people raise concern for large senior.

(( i was at work all day during finals, so i could be completely out of the loop, if this is incorrect))
No alternating, large coed went first and then LAG as a group went last (mixed with dancers, videos and fireworks). I believe the last team went on just after 11:30pm (it's a blur right now it was so late).

Back