All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's not on their list of shows either.. maybe it was just a pilot?
And after they tweeted "Did you love the premiere of #CheerPerfection tonight!? Give us a Y-E-S!" they certainly got a mouthful from the cheer community!

Stop. Just stop. My daughter is in her fourth season of allstars, and did competitive rec before that. She wouldn't know how to give a Y-E-S properly. Just sayin....

Stop. Just stop. My daughter is in her fourth season of allstars, and did competitive rec before that. She wouldn't know how to give a Y-E-S properly. Just sayin....
Don't worry, I think that was the consensus on twitter. If TLC doesn't know we're upset, they must not be reading the right comments.

Don't worry, I think that was the consensus on twitter. If TLC doesn't know we're upset, they must not be reading the right comments.
However - there was a lot of buzz about it. Even negative attention is attention - it might have been all they needed to keep it going. Controversy = viewers and ratings. I think we all shot ourselves in the foot by watching and talking so much about it!

I'm still confused as to whether this was just a one-time special or if this is actually a weekly reality series. I checked TLC and it is not on the schedule for next week (thank the cheer gods).

It was a one time special...a pilot to see if it should be picked up for a full season

Is there anyway to see this online!? All i can see on their website is the sneak peaks, and i want to see the whole thing..

Does anybody know!?

Everybody drop to your knees and pray to whoever you pray to that this does not get picked up!

Based on the popularity of cheer and all the talk surrounding it, I'm scared it got good ratings... At one point, I had about 10 posts in a row on my fb timeline talking about it. Obviously this is not a good survey of the real world, but every cheerleader I know watched.

The other thing that made me really sad for our cheer community is seeing how people made fun of this team, and it turned into a bashing of not only them, but lots of gyms. "I'm glad our gym isn't like this, but it reminds me of gym xyz!" "Hahaha reminds me of a gym down the street" "The focus on level 2? I'm glad my gym is better than that-I guess when you go to a small, janky gym level 2 is the best you've got!"
Really parents? I would hate to be the kids from that gym that see that and know you are talking about them.

I kind of feel bad for the girl who did a forward roll. Everyone on twitter is making fun of her, but really what standing tumbling did they expect her to do? Bridges/Backbends hurt her back and she didn't have a backhandspring or anything like that either. I agree it was pretty ridiculous that her mom wanted her to be put on level 3, but I feel for this girl because I've never really had much tumbling either, yet I've been on level 2/3 teams because I excelled on other areas of the score sheet. Who's to say that this girl is not an exceptional base, jumper, etc? I kind of found it heart-warming when Alisha and RD gave Brooke a hug and told her that they know that she is awesome in other areas and that they love her. I would rather them allow the kids to progress at their own pace than push them to throw tumbling skills that could hurt them, like the one girl who was pushed to throw her bhs when she obviously wasn't ready.

Exactly.. Although the show is a bit dramatic not athletes will have the required tumbling to make a specific level. Same reason why varsity is using the 75% rule on scoresheets. Not all kids will progress in tumbling at the same rate.

I watched for five minutes and changed the channel. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever saw. How did this show get picked up? Honeslty If I was at this gym but not apart of the program I would be embarrassed because of all the nonsense! TLC should be ashamed!

Guys Really, Stop all the kicking and screaming!!!!! You know at every gym, there are parents like these. FACT. The coach is over the top and not realistic, but its TV. For all of you screaming BLAH BLAH BLAH, they can take this show to any gym and find a small group of Crazy cheer MOMS. Not coaches, MOMS. That is what this show is about, the moms not the kids or cheer or the gym. So just enjoy the show for what it is - entertainment!!!!!

Oh and by the way " I was not a cheerleader growing up, and I think it's ok to live through my child"

Alright so I didn't have time to sit a read the whole thread so I apologize if someone has said something similar...but here's my final thought on cheer perfection (I posted many on Twitter last night ) after reading some of the athletes/coaches twitter's from CTR today.....

Whenever ANYTHING is done where cheerleading is involved....a news story, TV show, Broadway show, movie, etc. there will be thousands of girls watching, analyzing EVERY. SINGLE. MOVE. that is being made. We have being doing it for years and I'm sure we will continue to because we want our sport to be portrayed accurately. We want people to see how hard we work and how passionate we our about are sport. I read the CTR athletes tweets and the were very upset about the things people were saying. I just want to let these athletes know that most of us aren't dissing their gym (even if it often comes across that way). We are trying to stick up for our sport (As you guys are sticking up for your gym). I know many people that tweeted last night(including myself) that were not trying to offend you as a gym. Most of us are smart enough to realize that TV shows have contracts and edit to get as much drama as they can. Please don't take it personally and keep sticking up for your gym.

Hopefully we will get an acurate portrayal soon but for now focus on things that are more important ....Cheer Fusion athletes don't have a gym right now remember? I know it's easy to get caught up in the drama that is a cheer tv show....but try to remember what is important.

Back