All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This and yes! I think we were separated at birth.
I did not understand why if they flew all the way to Chiacgo they each needed to rent cars and get themselves from the airport to the hotel to the comp venue. Wouldn't it have made more sense to rent a bus for the team? Kept everyone together, would probably have been cheaper, no one would have gotten lost, and TLC could have had all the drama mamas together in one vehicle with room for the camera crew as well.
They do a bus for Abby Lee & her little Dance Company?!

This and yes! I think we were separated at birth.
I did not understand why if they flew all the way to Chiacgo they each needed to rent cars and get themselves from the airport to the hotel to the comp venue. Wouldn't it have made more sense to rent a bus for the team? Kept everyone together, would probably have been cheaper, no one would have gotten lost, and TLC could have had all the drama mamas together in one vehicle with room for the camera crew as well.

Our gym actually requires athletes to take the busses provided by the gym when we do major out-of-town comps. (A few parents get exemptions for this, mind you, but I'd guess it's probably 2% of the program.) While I'll complain about the bus all day long, the reality is that it *is* cheaper, you guarantee everyone gets there, and yeah, you probably get interesting events happening on the bus you wouldn't get otherwise. :)

As a smaller type program to me, judging JUST on the cheer parts that are shown I don't feel like their program is that off base of what a lot of smaller programs are like. I am not lumping in all programs obviously - but Alisha and RD? do seem like they care about the program and kids they have with the knowledge they have, if that makes sense. Now the "cheer mom" side of it is what the ratings are based on. There are a couple of moms there that seem like sane cheer moms. The rest, like Ann are either really that crazy or are doing it for the camera's, editing - was told to act a certain way to bring drama etc. we don't know - but I do think she is over the top with the way she acts. But as far as the actual cheerleading shown, I do think that is a representation of a lot of small gyms. I just wish THAT was the actual focus and not the mom's.

I didn't make it too far with this week's episode. When Ann said: 'Yo momma a liar!' to the lady on crutches, I said, 'Did she just say 'yo momma?' I was officially done. I turned. I recorded it...maybe I can watch the rest this weekend because I did want to see the the kids perform.

As a smaller type program to me, judging JUST on the cheer parts that are shown I don't feel like their program is that off base of what a lot of smaller programs are like. I am not lumping in all programs obviously - but Alisha and RD? do seem like they care about the program and kids they have with the knowledge they have, if that makes sense. Now the "cheer mom" side of it is what the ratings are based on. There are a couple of moms there that seem like sane cheer moms. The rest, like Ann are either really that crazy or are doing it for the camera's, editing - was told to act a certain way to bring drama etc. we don't know - but I do think she is over the top with the way she acts. But as far as the actual cheerleading shown, I do think that is a representation of a lot of small gyms. I just wish THAT was the actual focus and not the mom's.
I can agree to a certain extent, but the fact that Alicia and RD appear to be proud of this show and continue to promote it speaks volumes to me about their character. And as far as Ann being more dramatic for the cameras - her comment about taking private lessons from Bonnie's daughter on how to do a forward roll (or something to that effect) was inexcusable. I don't care what the producers tried to encourage - a grown woman who speaks that way about a child is a piece of trash.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I can agree to a certain extent, but the fact that Alicia and RD appear to be proud of this show and continue to promote it speaks volumes to me about their character. And as far as Ann being more dramatic for the cameras - her comment about taking private lessons from Bonnie's daughter on how to do a forward roll (or something to that effect) was inexcusable. I don't care what the producers tried to encourage - a grown woman who speaks that way about a child is a piece of trash.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
I agree I don't like her. I am referring to the cheer part in general as far as some small programs and their knowledge base, which is quite common - and how they are run. Which happens like theirs more than we think. I don't think its wrong that they are proud of their program, to each their own - its how its being portrayed whether thats the truth or not. I am not saying I agree. I am just saying the actual parts of the cheerleading that they show when they interact with the team and the girls wasn't as bad as the cheer mom parts. I don't like the show myself, was just trying to say certain parts aren't bad if that would be the focus instead of what it is.

Back