All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry Cheer Dad, I just cannot like this show. I haven't watched it all that much since after the pilot but I have yet to see them show the kids or talk with the kids. The kids are the team. The kids are the All Stars.
I don't really care for the show either, but sadly I watch because it is a train wreck and I just can't stop. I usually miss about half of it since I will be working on my computer at the same time. I do DVR it for CP since he is not home from practice in time to watch and he does like a good laugh.

cheermominar If your talking about Cheer Time having to use her level 5 daughter on their level 2 team because they are too small of a team, they are not. They have 3- Junior teams and 3- Senior teams and an Open team. Check out the website. CheerTimeRevolution.com - home CheerTimeRevolution.com She has already stated her daughter is on the Youth Silver team because she(her daughter) wanted to be on TV. And I have read that Youth Silver is just a made up team just for this show. Everything about this show is fake and it disgusts me. Ratings for the network and money for the gym, that's all that people care about.

I really don't know what I think about her daughter being on a Youth 2 team. Maybe it's wrong of me to say, but if I had a gym and allowed a show to come in, I think I would want both of my daughters to be on the show. I think maybe since it's all scripted anyway, she may cheer "for real" on her level appropriate team?

I cannot bring myself to watch this show. I watched the pilot and an episode maybe 2 weeks ago, and I just can't do it. I don't see many coaches allowing parents to act like that, and I feel it makes a joke of a sport that already isn't always taken seriously. I wanted to like it, like I LOVED cheer. But they are completely differently angled shows. One was about the kids and the sport, the other strictly for the drama and ratings. I supposed one never knows til you're in the spot, but I can't imagine as a gym owner, I would allow my program, my kids, my parents, and myself to be portrayed in that manner. I don't know if I will ever be able to take them seriously, even if they ended up with a killer worlds team.

As I say this....

I'm still in the thread reading all the comments... haha :cow:

I cannot bring myself to watch this show. I watched the pilot and an episode maybe 2 weeks ago, and I just can't do it. I don't see many coaches allowing parents to act like that, and I feel it makes a joke of a sport that already isn't always taken seriously. I wanted to like it, like I LOVED cheer. But they are completely differently angled shows. One was about the kids and the sport, the other strictly for the drama and ratings. I supposed one never knows til you're in the spot, but I can't imagine as a gym owner, I would allow my program, my kids, my parents, and myself to be portrayed in that manner. I don't know if I will ever be able to take them seriously, even if they ended up with a killer worlds team.

As I say this....

I'm still in the thread reading all the comments... haha :cow:

For the 2nd week in a row, I fell asleep. I guess it's not quality. I watch it praying it is going to get better... then I read the comments and realize I miss nothing. When they aired the pilot I knew I didn't want to watch it, yet TLC has a way of SUCKING everyone into their crap.

cheermominar If your talking about Cheer Time having to use her level 5 daughter on their level 2 team because they are too small of a team, they are not. They have 3- Junior teams and 3- Senior teams and an Open team. Check out the website. CheerTimeRevolution.com - home CheerTimeRevolution.com She has already stated her daughter is on the Youth Silver team because she(her daughter) wanted to be on TV. And I have read that Youth Silver is just a made up team just for this show. Everything about this show is fake and it disgusts me. Ratings for the network and money for the gym, that's all that people care about.
No, I am not referencing to CTR but to the comment: This is something that, in my experience, is frowned upon regardless of how small a gym is. from Lindy Abline. Which I believe I made reference to in my orig. comment. But cp's gym does have girls on teams in which they have higher skills for (yet not on teams that reflect their true level), I explained in my orig. post.

No, I am not referencing to CTR but to the comment: This is something that, in my experience, is frowned upon regardless of how small a gym is. from Lindy Abline. Which I believe I made reference to in my orig. comment. But cp's gym does have girls on teams in which they have higher skills for (yet not on teams that reflect their true level), I explained in my orig. post.
I don't think the crossovers at a small gym are as frowned upon as those in a large gym but either way in this case it really is irrelevant in this case since Youth Silver seems to be a made for TV team.

I didn't watch it this week. I thought last week was a good episode and I figured, let's stop watching while I still have positive things to say..... I am sure it is all down hill from there.

I wonder if anyone from CTR is on the boards and can provide us with an explanation for what is going on at their gym?

I know there is a guy that helps coach sometimes and may be on the open team? But I can't remember who it is........

I really don't know what I think about her daughter being on a Youth 2 team. Maybe it's wrong of me to say, but if I had a gym and allowed a show to come in, I think I would want both of my daughters to be on the show. I think maybe since it's all scripted anyway, she may cheer "for real" on her level appropriate team?

This makes sense - I can see her wanting her daughter on the show, but she could have found another way (jr coach maybe?). Because if my kids were on one of those teams that lost to them and I saw this show so I knew for sure she had level 5 athletes on her youth 2 team, I might have a few colorful words for her sandbagging ...um..."butt". Show or not, that ish is not ok.

Back