All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry, fell asleep during the ep. I cannot stand Alisha's relationship with the parents and how she can listen to what one parent says and then tell Ann and her daughter to run laps because they were "fighting" in the gym and there is no fighting in the gym. I've accepted the parents sitting on the floor in their movie theatre seats watching everything while :enjoyshow:and waiting for the next thing to comment on whether it is their business or not, but Alisha is the owner and a coach. She was already aware of the tension between Ann and Michelle, and once again demonstrated her immaturity as an adult and gym owner by purposely trying to publicly humiliate her team mom in front of her peers and the kids in the gym by telling her to run laps. And then sits there playing innocent with her wide eyes for the camera saying "I didn't know she would get so upset". I get it, TLC wants the drama and the drama from this show is from the moms. I just found all of their behaviors appalling with Alisha's front and center.

Showing girls doing skills much higher than level 2 (i.e. fulls) implies that they bump girls down. This is something that, in my experience, is frowned upon regardless of how small a gym is.
My cp has level 4 skills, but is on a level 3 team. We cheer at a small gym and their is no level 4 for her. Their aren't enough girls on the team to even make a level 4 team and barely a level 3 team she is on. I don't see why cp's small gym should be frowned upon for having girls on that team that are at a higher level then the team they are on (we only have one in the entire gym that can do level 5 if cp was driven she could have had her full by the end of summer, but she is 8 and isn't that driven-she did go from knowing nothing in her 1st year to her tuck/full by the end of the season). Small gyms in rural parts of the US are at a disadvantage when it comes to skill level. You get what you get and have to work with it. Sad to say if you do have a level 5 that wants to cheer on level 5 you lose that girl to a level 5 team that is over a hours drive away. You can't make a team with two level 5 girls :( I am sure for some small gym coaches it sad to train a cheerleader to such a level only to lose them). In-fact we have a level 5 girl that crosses over from our level 3 to the level 2 team (along with some girls that are on the level 3), why? It's a small gym and we just don't have the amount of girls this year to-do it any other way. Yes we are the small gym with the small squad on the floor (not the small gym with a huge squad that takes up the entire floor). My guess is that some of these large gyms have girls on their teams that they didn't work with but some other coach got them to that level 5. Basically they walked in the door shining with skills the small gym gave them not the big gym. That'll be cp case if she shows me the drive and gets her full.

cheermominar If your talking about Cheer Time having to use her level 5 daughter on their level 2 team because they are too small of a team, they are not. They have 3- Junior teams and 3- Senior teams and an Open team. Check out the website. CheerTimeRevolution.com - home CheerTimeRevolution.com She has already stated her daughter is on the Youth Silver team because she(her daughter) wanted to be on TV. And I have read that Youth Silver is just a made up team just for this show. Everything about this show is fake and it disgusts me. Ratings for the network and money for the gym, that's all that people care about.

Darn you CoachKelly, was looking this up right now and you beat me too it.

Only thing I would add is that of all the teams and 300+ kids they have, I believe those are combined numbers between all 2 locations they own.

so, i stumbled upon ann's FB page which futher had me stumble across Bonnie's and Michelle's. they are all friends and comment on each other pics, etc. i have come to the conclusion that it is all acting. i never understood why anyone would want to be friends with ann and how someone could really be like that and now i know it's all staged.

i am fine with things being staged, but don't call it a reality show.

ETA: and when i say FB, i mean facebook. not fierceboard ;)

Sorry Cheer Dad, I just cannot like this show. I haven't watched it all that much since after the pilot but I have yet to see them show the kids or talk with the kids. The kids are the team. The kids are the All Stars.

Was just looking at CTR's facebook page and found this status update from January 7th. Granted it is planning for next season but they are acknowledging the talent they have and are looking forward.

"Happy to announce that starting on FRI all level 5 kids will have a practice from 5-7, every fri.... we are trying to get a jump start on next season if you have level 5 skills or very close...must have standing tucks and working fulls, then this is the practice for you, it is open to anyone with level 5 tumbling!"

As a comment below they do say CTR has 13 teams right now.

The thing that makes me shake my head is that Alisha seems like a smart woman and a good person, so why would she let something like this go on in her gym if your going to have to constantly defend yourself on Facebook pages and websites and say 'well you can't say that it's just reality tv' take a second look at what your doing and enabling pretty soon you will have real ridiculous stage mothers and their antics because your allowing it in your gym for filming

(Sorry if this doesn't make sense me and early classes don't mix well)

Back