All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Save your sarcasm please. Those are great expectations. However the failure of our moms to represent our gym in a positive light has nothing to do with you.

Tiger cheated..... so what it had nothing to do with golf.
Fuzzy Zealers inappropriate comment....nothing to do with golf.

Everyone is responsible for their own behavior and their own actions PERIOD.
How is it possible that people u don't even know embarrass you. You have nothing vested in them..they arent your loved ones, friends, or even competitors.

The link isn't working. What is the parent action committee responsible for at the gym?

SharkDad can give you some great insight into the role of the PAC. The Cheer 101 link I gave (that isn't working :( ) is just one aspect that can help a cheer parent gain a better perspective on their role as a parent in this sport.

Save your sarcasm please. Those are great expectations. However the failure of our moms to represent our gym in a positive light has nothing to do with you.

Tiger cheated..... so what it had nothing to do with golf.
Fuzzy Zealers inappropriate comment....nothing to do with golf.

Everyone is responsible for their own behavior and their own actions PERIOD.
How is it possible that people u don't even know embarrass you. You have nothing vested in them..they arent your loved ones, friends, or even competitors.

Unfortunately, if you truly believe that highly visible representatives do not effect the perception of the sports that they represent then you will never understand the frustration.

Unfortunately, if you truly believe that highly visible representatives do not effect the perception of the sports that they represent then you will never understand the frustration.[/quote

I don't perceive all golfers to be adulterers because of Tiger Woods. And I don't perceive all golfers to be racist because of the comment Fuzzy Zoeller made. The PGA receives far more coverage than that of competitive cheer.

This link may work better
USASF.NET

Also, regarding your reply to dawgshow, we have to compare apples to apples so the examples of misbehaving players associated with a certain sport aren't relate-able in this case. Cheer perfection is a show highlighting the actions and behaviors of coaches, parents and athletes involved in the sport of all star cheer. For someone like me, who's livelihood depends on this sport, all I ask is that professionalism and decorum are what we display as its members. All star cheer has enough action and excitement without all the silliness and immaturity. Those of us that truly love this sport just wish to have a show displaying fantastic feats of athleticism instead of screaming mothers and irresponsible coaches.

Let me try one more direction. Imagine if you had a negative, or at best ambivalent, view of golf yet really knew nothing about it. Now imagine that the ONLY exposure you had was those two events. Can't you see how your perception could be skewed, regardless of how many people told you that that was not the norm and that most golfers were wonderful people? THAT is the frustration many people have with not only this show but other reality type shows as well.

ctrcheermom I think the difference between the examples you're giving and our sport is that there is almost no one else to be an example for us. Right now the little bit of TV coverage we get (which a lot of times is a bit negative) is what represents us. Until our sport is as widely understood and respected as golf, a few dramatic moms WILL be what the public perceives as the majority.

Ooh! I thought of a better example if you remember the era. Think of the perception of Indiana basketball during Bobby Knight's coaching years. Was it 100% reality? No, but it's what outsiders thought the sport was really like state wide.

When I 1st saw CP I was taken aback a bit. I, husband and cp also couldn't help but chuckle at some of the things. As time goes by and the more rant I see about it, really I wouldn't mind watching another episode or the same one again. They still can change things up a bit if TLC wishes to. The other new shows I see TLC advertise really don't look any better: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and the Virgin Diaries. Actually I wouldn't mind giving the Virgin Diaries a try, but I don't want my kids to catch me watching it and think that being a virgin is something to poke fun at. I think the harm that show could do is worse then the entire CP drama.
A couple of years ago HBO did something on cheer and my daughters gym was in it. It was the year before my daughter joined the squad so I never watched it and we don't get HBO. I wouldn't mind watching it, but haven't gone out of my way to ask for a copy from any of the other cheer parents. From what one mother told me they edited it to make one of our coaches look b itchier then norm (even my SIL told me that). I never felt we had a bitchy coach, I can see where it would be frustrating to coach. The mother that was telling me about it this year, also told me they where to feature the other squads at the gym (they where filmed) but only the minis made the cut. It's all about editing at the end. As for the Tonya Harding bit, I never thought once of ice skating until that happened. But then I grew up in Oregon and lived their at the time.
Does anyone know if any other gyms where asked to be on CP? I already know of the Perfection Studios and CTR having the same owners (and the T&T bit). Being that I live in AR and my daughter cheers and has dabbled in pageants, I've heard of both prior to the airing of CP.

Just because you haven't heard of the gyms doesn't mean that cheer isn't big there. Without using Google or other internet resources, how many gyms can you actually name? I'm guessing a very very small percentage of total gyms in the US.

i can actually name a ton of gyms seeing that i've been an allstar cheerleader for 14 years. if arkansas was so big into allstar cheerleading people would have heard of this gym. from what i was seeing from cheer twitters and cheer tumblrs, alot of people have never heard of this gym.

Back