All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am saying like I would have liked it if there was a higher level that would help people understand the sport because noncheerleaders think it is just a women yelling at little kids
Even if it was a higher level, this show would have showcased the CTR drama mamas. I can see it now....what do you mean you can't throw your standing full? Throw it now to elevate my parent status in the gym.... TLC could have showcased a better level 2 team at a well run program and that would have helped noncheer viewers understand the sport much better than any craptastic level 5 team with drama mamas would have.

I've got to say it. I can't take it anymore.

I've got to give it up to my fellow fierce boarders here. Perhaps being new you won't have seen the difference in this thread versus countless others. It is incredibly clear to me that the people posting in this thread are deliberately excercising restraint. Knowing many of them (as posters anyway) I am absolutely sure it's because they want to have an authentic discussion about what they are, and are not, in favor of regarding this show in a professional atmosphere. I think that's especially true where you are concerned because I see them choosing words carefully and using phraseology when responding with you that is clearly respectful of the fact you are associated with CTR.

What I don't see is the same level of respect on your side.

I take a breath every time I read one of your posts because I can feel the anger and resentment seeping through my screen. I fully expect youll be equally as upset with what I'm saying here, and I'm prepared for the response. But, speaking for myself...

...anytime I post something that may be controversial, not the norm, a dissenting opinion etc (which is what this board is about)...I probably read and edit it 23 times for my tone, word choice and netspeak (I.E. all caps etc.) before I post it because I want the message to be heard, in the most professional manner possible, without coming off like I'm angry or ranting. If I am choosing to rant, I'll disclose that at the beginning.

You are new to the board so you probably haven't noticed that the board has been exceptionally accommodating to the acerbic remarks that come back at anyone who posts anything you don't agree with. I also don't believe sharing a dissenting opinion about something you may not agree with can be categorized as "bullying." I tend to think that's an incredibly overused buzzword these days that could merit a specific and socially agreed upon definition (which we don't have).

But I say all this to say, the meaning of your message gets lost in the manner you choose to express it, and calling out bullies on the boards while screaming in all caps is probably not the best way to encourage authentic conversation. This board is about differing opinions and my suggestion is that you spend more time choosing your language, tone and demeanor carefully so people may listen to what you say, more so than the way you said it.

The bullying comment was not directed at you or anyone else on this board that took the time to share your opinion and discuss the show. The bullying comment was about the posters who are making fun of the girls on Facebook and Twitter, and there have also been a few rude posts and pics on this board as well. The vast majority however are being made through other social media outlets. I apologize I don't mean to come across as sour or angry. I value your opionins and enjoy the discussion; otherwise I wouldn't visit this board.

I've got to say it. I can't take it anymore.

I've got to give it up to my fellow fierce boarders here. Perhaps being new you won't have seen the difference in this thread versus countless others. It is incredibly clear to me that the people posting in this thread are deliberately excercising restraint. Knowing many of them (as posters anyway) I am absolutely sure it's because they want to have an authentic discussion about what they are, and are not, in favor of regarding this show in a professional atmosphere. I think that's especially true where you are concerned because I see them choosing words carefully and using phraseology when responding with you that is clearly respectful of the fact you are associated with CTR.

What I don't see is the same level of respect on your side.

I take a breath every time I read one of your posts because I can feel the anger and resentment seeping through my screen. I fully expect youll be equally as upset with what I'm saying here, and I'm prepared for the response. But, speaking for myself...

...anytime I post something that may be controversial, not the norm, a dissenting opinion etc (which is what this board is about)...I probably read and edit it 23 times for my tone, word choice and netspeak (I.E. all caps etc.) before I post it because I want the message to be heard, in the most professional manner possible, without coming off like I'm angry or ranting. If I am choosing to rant, I'll disclose that at the beginning.

You are new to the board so you probably haven't noticed that the board has been exceptionally accommodating to the acerbic remarks that come back at anyone who posts anything you don't agree with. I also don't believe sharing a dissenting opinion about something you may not agree with can be categorized as "bullying." I tend to think that's an incredibly overused buzzword these days that could merit a specific and socially agreed upon definition (which we don't have).

But I say all this to say, the meaning of your message gets lost in the manner you choose to express it, and calling out bullies on the boards while screaming in all caps is probably not the best way to encourage authentic conversation. This board is about differing opinions and my suggestion is that you spend more time choosing your language, tone and demeanor carefully so people may listen to what you say, more so than the way you said it.

FYI....
I am not upset with you at all. In my opinion that was a perfect example of constructive critcism. Hey, I'm new and I'm still learning. I appreciate you taking the time.

The bullying comment was not directed at you or anyone else on this board that took the time to share your opinion and discuss the show. The bullying comment was about the posters who are making fun of the girls on Facebook and Twitter, and there have also been a few rude posts and pics on this board as well. The vast majority however are being made through other social media outlets. I apologize I don't mean to come across as sour or angry. I value your opionins and enjoy the discussion; otherwise I wouldn't visit this board.

Perhaps the posts on facebook and twitter should not be a topic of discussion since many of those posters are not members of Fiereceboard. Also, consider posters on facebook, twitter, and faceboard ages range from teens to grandparents. There are immature people of all ages, just ignore some of the negativity.

The olympics is having issues with negative comments on twitter as well.

Also, I think bullying is when you are directing negativity directly at a person or within a social circle of that person. I don't believe strangers talking online about CP, Jersey Shore, T&T (insert any reality show) is dilebrate bullying, although I understand it does hurt the feelings of those being talked about if they do happen to see it. I view bullying as continual and delibrate harrassment of an individual.

I think the best thing is to report or address those specific people. I know that when I first read your post, I was confused (see my above edit for proof of stupidity). It's very hard when you are complaining about people to fierceboard, because we think you are talking about us since we have just had 31 pages of discussion about the show. Clearly a misunderstanding, but if I felt my child or a child I knew was being "bullied", I would report those people asap. Many of those people that are saying mean and rude things are young kids who see their sport being ridiculed but others that watched the show.

I said this in my previous post and I'll say it again however, and this is strictly my personal opinion... I don't think your gym owner has any right to get upset or call people out that are saying negative things about the show. She is the person that made the decision to green light this show about her gym, and she is the person that allowed this to happen. I think the anger should be directed at her, not the people who watched it and were upset by the things they saw.

Also, 12stepCheermom, there was a reason I nominated you for best parent...

Most non-cheerleaders would have never understood level 5 skills or how difficult they are. And just because you meant that, doesn't mean you said that. Everyone starts somewhere.
I have to disagree with you on that. I think people would have been able to tell level 5 skills are much harder and more entertaining than level 2 skills. If they showed level 2 skills and level 5 skills next to each other, people would want to watch the level 5 skills. Like numerous others have already said, I think if they chose a solid level 5 team then viewers and fierceboarders would have had more respect for the show.

I have to disagree with you on that. I think people would have been able to tell level 5 skills are much harder and more entertaining than level 2 skills. If they showed level 2 skills and level 5 skills next to each other, people would want to watch the level 5 skills. Like numerous others have already said, I think if they chose a solid level 5 team then viewers and fierceboarders would have had more respect for the show.

Yes but we still would have criticized everything about the show. I think that showing a level 2 is a good choice, everyone could potentially achieve those skills. But a 16 or 17 year old joining may not be able to get level 5 skills.

Im sorry if this was already asked or posted but is there a video of this youth silver team? I want to see if they are as AMAZING as what Alisha said on the show.

Im sorry if this was already asked or posted but is there a video of this youth silver team? I want to see if they are as AMAZING as what Alisha said on the show.
If i remember right, Youth Silver is a NEW team for CTR.... I may be wrong though!

I'm quite sure TLC has a ban on any video getting out on YouTube etc. and probably have contracts signed from anyone involved requiring penalties, thrasings and giving over of your first born if they do so. That way you have to wait and watch the next episode to see their competition.

If I was producing the show that's what I would do.

I'm quite sure TLC has a ban on any video getting out on YouTube etc. and probably have contracts signed from anyone involved requiring penalties, thrasings and giving over of your first born if they do so. That way you have to wait and watch the next episode to see their competition.

If I was producing the show that's what I would do.

Especially now that it's been picked up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back