All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I had parents who were worried about the security of uploading birth certificates last year (that was one of my fun jobs at the gym last year), I was told that USASF only needs the kid's name and date of birth (and whatever on the birth certificate indicates that it is an official BC). The names of the parents, and all the other extraneous information, can be blacked out. I would not have a problem giving a BC to a TM if it basically just had CP's name and date of birth on it.
One gym asked for my Social Security Number!

TBH I'm happy. Not that someone was disqualified, but the rules were upheld. Whatever you allow to happen you condone, right? Good step in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's about time, the same teams cheat year after year. Some gym always reports them and nothing gets done. The sad thing is that it is usually tinys and minis here. Those kids have no clue. They are too young to understand.

So glad NCA is back checking teams/gyms!! I hope they (and USASF) keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad this is being addresses and dealt with. Though I feel bad for the kids if they didn't know. I'm going to assume they didn't, though parents may have been aware. How horrible for the kids to lose when the coaches and club are making stupid decisions.
They know! The kids know the rules. They know when they are eligible to compete on a Level 5. I know how old my friends are and I know how old my former teammates are. These kids post all over Social Media when they win and those of us who are at other gyms think right off the bat, One where they the only team in the division? then wait a sec isn't that kid too old to be on a Youth team?

American Championships "The State" comp in Daytona FL the weekend before last. Large Y3 winners were removed from the results. I verified this myself, it's true. A friend told me it's because they had illegal athletes. My friend is not with this gym but she got an email from her gym explaining the situation. This Y3 team is banned from the next comp. Apparently other local gyms want the whole gym removed and some are boycotting the comp.

I wonder how they got found out and if they are cheating with other teams but haven't got found out yet... :confused:

That gym has cheated over and over, has been caught with nothing being done so it's nice to see that they got caught and are not being let off the hook this time!they had a 12 year old on the y3 team. hopefully more will happen than just not allowing that one team to compete at matchplay.

That gym has cheated over and over, has been caught with nothing being done so it's nice to see that they got caught and are not being let off the hook this time!they had a 12 year old on the y3 team. hopefully more will happen than just not allowing that one team to compete at matchplay.

Is this a Florida gym? I'd love a pm from someone with the name. For personal reasons, not because I'm nosey. Ok, I am sometimes but not this time. I swear!

Is this a Florida gym? I'd love a pm from someone with the name. For personal reasons, not because I'm nosey. Ok, I am sometimes but not this time. I swear!

Disclaimer: I know for a fact that their large Y3 team was removed as the winner. Everything else is just what I've heard. It's Flip City Hurricanes from south Florida.

Disclaimer: I know for a fact that their large Y3 team was removed as the winner. Everything else is just what I've heard. It's Flip City Hurricanes from south Florida.
I know that Top Gun Orlando was against them In that division, they were notified last night they won. According to a Facebook post I saw, they had a girl to old compete on the team with them (Flip City).

I know that Top Gun Orlando was against them In that division, they were notified last night they won. According to a Facebook post I saw, they had a girl to old compete on the team with them (Flip City).

Yes Top Gun was the only other team in the division. They are now listed as 1st out of 1... lol.

Flip city has cheated numerous times. I hear that a few other gyms are pulling out of the matchplay comp because they are still allowing flip city to compete. It's a shame, because there is a lot of talent in that area, and it's a good comp but the last free years it's become the flip city show so gyms don't compete there like they use to. It very annoying that a gym keeps getting caught cheating and still can compete. Expecally since they cheated twice at matchplay in the past and were caught!

Flip city has cheated numerous times. I hear that a few other gyms are pulling out of the matchplay comp because they are still allowing flip city to compete. It's a shame, because there is a lot of talent in that area, and it's a good comp but the last free years it's become the flip city show so gyms don't compete there like they use to. It very annoying that a gym keeps getting caught cheating and still can compete. Expecally since they cheated twice at matchplay in the past and were caught!

Wow... I didn't know what you stated in your last sentence. That's crazy.

Yeah I also heard that some gyms are boycotting the comp. You know which ones? (PM me if you don't want to say here.) We are competing but Flip City doesn't have a Y1 team so they don't affect us. Other gyms pulling out could though.

Significant sand bagging and competing kids outside the age grid rules is rampant in Florida in my opinion. This gym is an offender, but not the only one by far. I am glad they were caught and stripped of their win. I would like to know why it was not caught until after the competition?

Back