All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Remember, it's not gossip if is true.
This is wrong. Gossip has nothing to do with being true or not.

- idle talk or rumor, especially about the personal or private affairs of others: the endless gossip about Hollywood stars. Gossip | Define Gossip at Dictionary.com

This accurately describes what you are doing -- idly talking about the personal and private affairs of these people and this gym.

Our old gym- the owner and coaches would throw huge parties at the gym. Anyone on senior 5 and older was invited. So 12yr olds were ok to come. Sunday practice would come around and the coaches wouldn't show. Be late. Or be there.. And my kids found a joint, beer pong (solo cup still with beer and the pong ball in it) and a condom just in the bathroom. Worlds team girls were so hungover, they were throwing up while practicing at worlds. Yea. That's part of the reason it's our "old gym". We were brand new in the cheer world. I never care what a coach does on their off time. But this was too much. And no. It wasn't Flip City [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first of all, you're being rude. Second, it sounds like they're good because they're cheating. Third, I'd rather be losing than cheating.

Trying to be factual here... Flip City aren't good only because of that. They have some talented athletes.

Cheer Florida have a summit bid (J3). I don't think Flip City have a summit bid yet. But there is still time!

Flip city level 2 teams are good because all their level 4 and 5 kids are on it. Not illegal, but not ethical either. When they took their j2 team to cheersport last year, they took their j4 team (all the kids were on j2 also) and their SR 4 team (all but 5 kids were on it) that was the j2 team that won the summit

This is wrong. Gossip has nothing to do with being true or not.

- idle talk or rumor, especially about the personal or private affairs of others: the endless gossip about Hollywood stars. Gossip | Define Gossip at Dictionary.com

This accurately describes what you are doing -- idly talking about the personal and private affairs of these people and this gym.

Very true. Move on people. This is getting old.

Well....28+ pages later, my theory is confirmed:

The all star cheerleading industry is a complete joke.

Now, before I get labeled as a "newbie" or a "hater," please be aware, I've been involved in cheerleading for 20 years. I cheered at my high school, college, and, as an adult, the international division at Worlds. I've done choreography for teams who have won many competitions. I have taught tumbling and stunting to kids who have gone on to cheer on the best college cheer programs in the country. Cheerleading has been one of the most important things in my life for most of the years I've spent on this Earth. I hate to say it, but the all star cheerleading industry is a complete joke.

It started with "everyone gets a trophy." In youth sports, there is generally only one national champion crowned in any given age group by any specific organization. In all star cheerleading, many cheerleaders are national champions many times over in a single year. There's still only one "national championship" that's given any recognition in high school cheerleading. If a high school "wins nationals" from any other competition, anyone within the cheerleading world knows that championship was a joke. In all star cheerleading every cheerleader flaunts their national championship from every competition. Whether they competed in a division of 20 teams or a division of one is inconsequential, the "cheer princess" wears her jacket everywhere and just keeps it hush hush when she was on the only team in her division. Sometimes, she wears three different jackets, on three different days, that all look exactly alike, because she won three different competitions in three consecutive months, from the same competition company.

I thought it would improve when USASF came along and World's started. I was wrong. It was just a few years later, and we were given: World's, Final Destination, the Summit, All Levels Championship....help me out here if you know any more. Then we changed World's from being a competition where you really had to "bring it" to get a bid, to one where anyone could chase a bid down, regardless of their actual skill level, it was a matter of finding the right bid event.

Then, as if we weren't already exploiting these young people enough, we created the Majors, and the term "cheerlebrity." I know one kid specifically who claims "cheerlebrity" status and can't even do a backhandspring. She has no talent or skills, she's a pretty face that knows how to use Instagram to stir up attention for herself. These other kids are enamored with these kids who should be their peers not their idols, and the industry loves it because bringing these kids to the Majors creates more jingle in the change jar.

Where do gym owners and parents come in? They endorse all of this behavior by playing into it. Gym owners/coaches do anything they can possibly do to "hit the grid" for a level five team, often encouraging athletes to work on skills they have no business working on. Parents attend practices and scream at their kids to try skills that are dangerously above their skill level because "if you don't make level 5 next year, I'm not spending all this money." Both, apparently, are guilty of altering birth certificates and/or pulling kids to compete on a team for which they are ineligible. They do this, because in the world of all star cheerleading, no one should ever have to take their lumps and lose a competition or two. Every team should always win, and everyone should go home with a jacket, because without winning their is no success. The industry has completely lost site of the lessons these young people can learn from a successful performance, with skills they have confidence in, but maybe fell just short of the team ahead of them. No, it's better to be a trainwreck on a level 5 team, and have that level 5 label, than to be able to walk out on the mat with confidence and pride in your level 4 skills. Shame on all of the adults. You're developing divas who will never be able to take their lumps in the real world. Cheerleading doesn't last forever.

Back