All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The parents/athletes/coaches are definitely experiencing the ramifications of their decisions. We don't need to publicly shame them on a national scale to have an impact. I understand everyone's desire to know the details, I just don't believe those details are anyone else's business. Everyone affected by the situation, including the other teams in the division, has been notified.

Fierce Board is great and all, but Message boards are not the appropriate forum to handle this type of delicate information.

Because well, the Devil and I are BFFs so to play his advocate for one tiny second...

By releasing a blanket statement with no details you've peaked the interest of not just those here, but everyone who has seen, read or heard of that posting. While I absolutely love the transparency that is creeping up, I can't see how those involved in that message didn't see this (by this I mean huge discussion) coming. Perhaps, for future posts a paragraph stating something along the lines of,

"We will not be releasing information of those involved, thank you for your understanding as we protect the integrity of [insert EP name] and the programs effected work to fix their errors for the future..." yada yada. Instead you essentially handed anyone with a few hours to kill the treasure map on how to narrow down the potentials like a game of Clue..."It was the Texans in J2 with the 18 year old at the NCA Holiday Classic..."

Anyhow, my point is, I appreciate your stance and understand why you'd never want to publicly shame those involved just as much as I understand why people want to know. Next time, you may not want to leave such a detailed map on how to figure it out.

The parents/athletes/coaches are definitely experiencing the ramifications of their decisions. We don't need to publicly shame them on a national scale to have an impact. I understand everyone's desire to know the details, I just don't believe those details are anyone else's business. Everyone affected by the situation, including the other teams in the division, has been notified.

Fierce Board is great and all, but Message boards are not the appropriate forum to handle this type of delicate information.
Does this include notifying all the parents of athletes of the offending gym(s). As in- a gym wide meeting/email or the like? I feel very strongly that parents need to know - whether or not they had a child on that specific team that was involved. They need to know as paying customers.

I remember this one time, when I was 16 and just got my license, I took my car and drove around a friend I wasn't supposed to. My car got sold the next week. And..... that was a fun lesson to learn.

If the punishment didn't really suck people might do it again.

Several years ago a gym that sandbagged senior coed 3 with their small coed 5 athletes at cheersport used overage athletes. I only know that because afterward we went to a sportsbar and who walks in but some of the boys in question...who sidled right up to the bar and ordered a beer.

You can't make this stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow, that's BOLD!

The best part is they didn't win. That's the thing about sandbagging...you might just forget when throwing last pass that a legal level five pass is illegal in level 3....and get hit with the deduction.

That friends is what you call Karma.

LOL! Fitting!!

I remember this one time, when I was 16 and just got my license, I took my car and drove around a friend I wasn't supposed to. My car got sold the next week. And..... that was a fun lesson to learn.

If the punishment didn't really suck people might do it again.

Wow your parents were harsh! Though I'm mildly jealous that you were allowed to get your license.

983f6e57be2a803debbfd8d009f744a6.jpg

She also wanted their USASF card.

What is this USASF card that you speak of?! If this is a thing then color me surprised because if my kid has one I am not aware of it!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

983f6e57be2a803debbfd8d009f744a6.jpg

Ok...
1. I really want to get out the popcorn but it's really early in the morning and I don't think eating popcorn at 9 AM is appropriate!!

2. I also want to sit here and read everything but I have to leave for Kentucky and I'm trying to finish packing....

3. Oh FB Why are you so tempting I just want to sit here and read every post

Note to self: FOCUS U HAVE TO LEAVE IN LESS THAN 3 hours!!! FOCUS!!!! Finish the packing!!!! [emoji17]

What is this USASF card that you speak of?! If this is a thing then color me surprised because if my kid has one I am not aware of it!

If I remember correctly from our old gym, once the kids were USASF registered they got a card with their name, picture and age. When I had to sign CP up myself for her half-year team they talked about getting the cards on time, but apparently they did away with it for some reason. I have no idea when, why or how, but I know cards have existed in the past and typically the coaches kept them in case they were ever questioned.

Because well, the Devil and I are BFFs so to play his advocate for one tiny second...

By releasing a blanket statement with no details you've peaked the interest of not just those here, but everyone who has seen, read or heard of that posting. While I absolutely love the transparency that is creeping up, I can't see how those involved in that message didn't see this (by this I mean huge discussion) coming. Perhaps, for future posts a paragraph stating something along the lines of,

"We will not be releasing information of those involved, thank you for your understanding as we protect the integrity of [insert EP name] and the programs effected work to fix their errors for the future..." yada yada. Instead you essentially handed anyone with a few hours to kill the treasure map on how to narrow down the potentials like a game of Clue..."It was the Texans in J2 with the 18 year old at the NCA Holiday Classic..."

Anyhow, my point is, I appreciate your stance and understand why you'd never want to publicly shame those involved just as much as I understand why people want to know. Next time, you may not want to leave such a detailed map on how to figure it out.

Yes, I assumed there would be a witch hunt and that people would sit around and speculate and draw their own conclusions. That's pretty much what happens on Fierceboard every day. lol While I expected it, I still feel like its not NCA's place to engage in it or be responsible for it. The universe always has an interesting way of restoring its own balance when things like this happen.

I got one once, but it was a few years ago. I've registered myself the last few years and haven't received one. Maybe they get sent to the gym, or maybe they just don't do them anymore.

I heard that Jam Brands disqualified a team from this past weekend also. Whether it's the parents lying to the coaches about their kids age or the coach knowing and putting them on the wrong team anyway, why would you risk it for the rest of the kids that didn't do anything wrong?

I got one once, but it was a few years ago. I've registered myself the last few years and haven't received one. Maybe they get sent to the gym, or maybe they just don't do them anymore.

I think I saw an option on my kid's usasf membership page to print id card. I'll try it when I get home.

Back