All-Star Division I And Division Ii At Worlds - Big Gym Separation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is shocking.
Lots of big time high schools do this. So it's not to shocking. Hoover football did it for years before they ever got caught. My own high school did it with the wrestling program for a good 5 years (which explains why they won so much) before it got caught and dismembered.

Lots of big time high schools do this. So it's not to shocking. Hoover football did it for years before they ever got caught. My own high school did it with the wrestling program for a good 5 years (which explains why they won so much) before it got caught and dismembered.
I wonder if it happens with high school cheer.

Any time there are high hopes for a HS team of any kind this type of thing is happening, has been considered, or parents will move or rent an apartment within a district or buy a small piece of property within a district. It can get crazy.

I'm almost positive something along these lines was happening or at least thrown around around the time of the Trinity Bus.
didnt it have something to do with johns creek cheerleading in georgia....

update: yep heres the article, i remember the parents commenting how the whole situation was done very quickly and quietly, and bam all of a sudden they were on the team.
Johns Creek HS accused of illegal recruiting - CBS46 News

I'm almost positive something along these lines was happening or at least thrown around around the time of the Trinity Bus.
What was the Trinity Bus, anyway?

didnt it have something to do with johns creek cheerleading in georgia....

update: yep heres the article, i remember the parents commenting how the whole situation was done very quickly and quietly, and bam all of a sudden they were on the team.
Johns Creek HS accused of illegal recruiting - CBS46 News
I remember this. And the Jamie Parrish voiceover.

Any time there are high hopes for a HS team of any kind this type of thing is happening, has been considered, or parents will move or rent an apartment within a district or buy a small piece of property within a district. It can get crazy.

Yes. It is pretty much par for the course with any of the "big name" HS football and basketball teams in our area as well.

Yes. It is pretty much par for the course with any of the "big name" HS football and basketball teams in our area as well.
What's crazy to me is how easy it is for the private schools in our area to get away with it! I have athletic friends who went to private schools who will openly admit they were recruited. They meet with the coach, get put on an "art scholarship" and they take one semester of art their freshman year and that's it. Then stay on the scholarship and play that sport all four years.

What's crazy to me is how easy it is for the private schools in our area to get away with it! I have athletic friends who went to private schools who will openly admit they were recruited. They meet with the coach, get put on an "art scholarship" and they take one semester of art their freshman year and that's it. Then stay on the scholarship and play that sport all four years.
Some private catholic schools in our area do similar and they also have alumni who contribute heavily in the name of giving lower income kids the opportunity to attend a better school. I will say though that it seems the kids they do get also do very well academically.

**would the real slim shady please stand up, please stand up**

Some private catholic schools in our area do similar and they also have alumni who contribute heavily in the name of giving lower income kids the opportunity to attend a better school. I will say though that it seems the kids they do get also do very well academically.

I went to public school and coached there a few years in college. We were cheering at a basketball game against a local private school which wasn't technically a rivalry game but had that feel. The private school was right down the road and most of the kids were friends. One kid in our student section colored a big sign with a sloppily drawn stick figure man standing outside in the grass with the sun shining down from the corner. (Your basic toddler drawing that ends up on the fridge) The sign read "Hey (private school name), can I have an art scholarship too?"

I hate to admit that I laughed.

Last edited:

They even made a movie about a certain private Catholic school in our area that does this! The positive is that it makes beating them that much sweeter.

I went to public school and coached there a few years in high school. We were cheering at a basketball game against a local private school which wasn't technically a rivalry game but had that feel. The private school was right down the road and most of the kids were friends. One kid in our student section colored a big sign with a sloppily drawn stick figure man standing outside in the grass with the sun shining down from the corner. (Your basic toddler drawing that ends up on the fridge) The sign read "Hey (private school name), can I have an art scholarship too?"

I hate to admit that I laughed.
After our school beat the private school (basketball) our cheerleaders were no longer allowed down on the floor during games with this team because this team deemed them "too distracting". (All boys school)

Back