All-Star Do You Have An Pictures/gifs Of Any Of Your Cheer Injuries?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry this is pretty gross (ignore my unshaved leg btw haha)
A week after my surgery from a torn acl, mcl, and lcl from cheer.
ou41vo.jpg

536625_10151788167175601_567530600_24580010_1734728466_n.jpg

Xray from broken femur while working whip doubles. She broke her femur when she pulled out of the whip because it did not feel "right"

Hi y'all!

I'm doing a powerpoint for my health class about cheer injury prevention. And I need some examples of injuries you can get from cheer. I know their are lots of videos out there, but i need pictures because we're not allowed to access Youtube at my high school. So if you'd like to share them, can I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have pictures/GIFs (pictures that move) of your injuries? Legs, spines, necks, ankles, arms ANYTHING! And can you explain how you got it too? :)

Thanks so much!
I injured my back getting landed on by a tumbler, would that work? I can make a gif out of it.

536625_10151788167175601_567530600_24580010_1734728466_n.jpg

Xray from broken femur while working whip doubles. She broke her femur when she pulled out of the whip because it did not feel "right"

that's a femur? :confused: God bless her for making a great recovery.

i shattered my arm in a horrible, backhandspring freak accident gone terribly wrong.. but it was a compound fracture and posting pictures of bones sticking out of skin seems highly inappropriate :p

that's a femur? :confused: God bless her for making a great recovery.

i shattered my arm in a horrible, backhandspring freak accident gone terribly wrong.. but it was a compound fracture and posting pictures of bones sticking out of skin seems highly inappropriate :p

Yep she broke it right above the knee cap :(

OOOUUCCHHH!!!! It looks painful!! Did you have a full recovery???

Yes my daughter did have a full recovery, she actually was able to throw her double again less than 5 months after surgery. She did everything the doctor told her to do and all the physical therapy and waited until she was released before she began to tumble again :)

Yes my daughter did have a full recovery, she actually was able to throw her double again less than 5 months after surgery. She did everything the doctor told her to do and all the physical therapy and waited until she was released before she began to tumble again :)
That's impressive then. I give her a lot of credit for having a full recovery from such a major fracture and the patience to rehab completely before coming back to her normal activity and then coming back into cheer training again :)

Tore through both the ligaments on the left side of my left ankle landing funnily from a toe-touch back in 2009.

First time - 2009

15343ug.jpg

I then re-tore it again, same place, a year later.

Second Time - 2010

w9jvwo.jpg

I re-tore it a third time in late 2010, can't find any pictures of that. That and the close proximity to the time above forced me to quit competing at an elite level.

Fourth Time - 2012

Did this just a few weeks ago - this is a recent photo since the swelling has gone down significantly and I can now walk again. Tore it this time just walking along the street, doing a tiny jump to hop over something on the road. It's gotten to the point where I have to consider surgery now since it's tearing when I'm not even involving myself in strenuous activity (jumping, tumbling). :(

2818zye.jpg

Back