All-Star Do You Remember When...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

- cleaning before each stunt and after each transition
- that awfull jogging while transitioning
- curl wiglets
- stopping the music mid routine to do the mandatory cheer part
- when certain motions where required in the cheer or dance
- when I felt actually better stunting on gym floor than on mats (often assembled gymnastics mats that would drift apart)

cheer curl protector shower cap thingies... i don't know their name but they were hideous! teams even had matching ones with fabric, ribbon and had them embroidered!

Does anyone remember when a scale was when your leg was bent, and a scater was a straight leg scale? or maybe that was only around my area?
we called the straight leg one's scales and the bent leg one's supermans. a skater to us was a front facing stunt where you held your leg out to the side, but it was lower than an L, kind of like a spread eagle with one leg. I don't know what the point was!

when we did this body position (?!?)
37948_1438951097031_1330620015_31049015_990176_n.jpg

in this picture we're competing on wrestling mats.. wearing bodysuits with snaps and kappa shoes ... and our music was on cassette tape.

when people actually did libs, there was no sublimation, comps were held in hs gyms, very few gyms had there own facilities, ece was east elite and celebrity cheer, practive wear was a baggy tshirt and soffees not a sports bra and spandex shorts, twisting out of any stunt was a big deal

when we did this body position (?!?)
37948_1438951097031_1330620015_31049015_990176_n.jpg

in this picture we're competing on wrestling mats.. wearing bodysuits with snaps and kappa shoes ... and our music was on cassette tape.
Omg what is that? It looks like your about to do that stunt where you jump through your leg.

Back