All-Star Do You Think We Need Tighter Security At Cheerleading Competitions Because Of Recent Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Again. Middle eastern extremist are not the only terrorists. Isis might not "find" out about Cheersport, but there are plenty of other people with the means to massacre people that might.

If you're under the impression that a Dylann Roof, James Holmes, Adam Lanza, Robert Dear and the like, are in fact not terrorist and that there aren't plenty more people like them willing to show up to a convention center and perform a terroristic act then yes, you are naive.

It is literally my mission to make sure people are aware that there are other types of terrorist sitting in rural trailers, run down apartments and in the mothers basements plotting attacks....they aren't all sitting in a cave in the Middle East somewhere....and we should be concerned about all types of terrorist equally.

So yes. Metal detectors are needed at cheerleading competitions and as far as I'm concerned everywhere in life. But more importantly, what needs to be done to make it happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basically what I was trying to say. Also lots of these attacks are PERSONAL- someone with a grudge and intense hatred of someone/something.

I feel safer at a cheer comp than at the local mega mall. But I do get that things can go down anywhere. Susie gets pulled as point flyer, and mama goes batshit crazy. It could happen.

Someone mentioned concealed carry laws. They vary immensely state to state, and within major cities. All event venues would be private property, and can specifically ban firearms, even to permit holders. I dont know that I'd take any comfort in knowing there are CCP owners in the crowd. In my state, all I need to do is go to the courthouse with my local police clearance. They run an additional check and issue the permit. The permit does not require any firearm safety or marksmanship training whatsoever. Do I want to be in the midst of a terrorist attack with a bunch of gun owners who have no idea what they're doing and adrenaline boners? Hell no.

That was me BUT, I enquired specifically for law enforcement and military parents, not for average "Joe". In all states that I know of "average Joe" is not allowed to bring a concealed weapon into a sporting event, however, some states have exceptions for law enforcement and military spectators. They are trained in marksmanship and safety, and I would feel safer if they allowed them to carry at these events.

This is why I am such a strong advocate for gun control. I agree, the cheer world would be targeted by domestic terrorists before anyone else especially at how popular the sport is becoming. When America decided there was no need for gun control after the Sandy Hook massacre I truly lost hope. Library shootings, school shootings, and church shootings shouldn't be a reality.

Last edited:
Yes, but some people just hate everyone/everything that don't align exactly with their whack "values."
But even those people still tend to pick something close to what hurts the most. In order to act instead of being paralyzed with hatred, you need a focus.

This is why I am such a strong advocate for gun control. I agree, the cheer world would be targeted by domestic terrorists before anyone else especially at how popular the sport is becoming. When America decided there was no need for gun control after the Sandy Hook massacre I truly lost hope. Library shootings, school shootings, and church shootings shouldn't be a reality.

Same. If Sandy Hook didn't cause a change in perspective, I don't really know what will. I think some of the scariest stuff that came out of Sandy Hook was the belief that it was fake---a local professor is actually in the process of being terminated because he harassed some of the family members of the victims about the massacre being a hoax.

Dekalb had a mass shooting a couple years back so the security for all events that take place there is very strict. Last I knew, they did not allow aerosol cans into the building.
Correct - no aerosol cans. But that kind of is what I'm saying, do they need to wait for some mass shooting before they implement even just a bag check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work for WWE.... last month we had a scare in Atlanta before our PPV of chatter on the internet that the Phillips Arena would be the target of an attack by ISIS.... we are a family entertainment wrestling company. Yes nothing came of it, but still there was chatter.

Ever since that threat, we have gone into high security mode. Metal detectors, wands, searches, no bags allowed, only clear plastic bags if you want to bring anything in. Security is no joke and every venue we use will be having this type of security measure and its publicly known.

I think cheer competitions should beef up their security, you can never be too safe.

Back