All-Star Does Anybody Travel Out Of State To Get To Their Cheer Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm so going to stop complaining... All I do is sit on the subway for an hour (yepp, positive part of living in Stockholm, Sweden).
LOT'S of respect for everyone who flies in or drive for a couple of hours! :)

Major props to parents who can find the time and gas money to do this. DH has already said "don't even think about it" when friends of ours with older cps starting driving to WC from Long Island this season.
There really is no gym on Long Island of Worlds Caliber, is there?

Long Island has too many gyms for a small area- so any chance of 1 gym being "that gym" is pretty much out.
It was starting to be that way here and now everyone just pretty much goes to Top Gun or Ultimate Cheer & Dance. Two new gyms popped up that I know of this year. You kind of have to gym hop to get to the level as you progress. So, I don't see gym hopping as a negative thing. I just wish everyone would work together. Luckily, I don't see too much aggressive recruiting here.

It was starting to be that way here and now everyone just pretty much goes to Top Gun or Ultimate Cheer & Dance. Two new gyms popped up that I know of this year. You kind of have to gym hop to get to the level as you progress. So, I don't see gym hopping as a negative thing. I just wish everyone would work together. Luckily, I don't see too much aggressive recruiting here.
One of the biggest problems with Long Island gyms after the dilution of talent and the catering to Suzy's mom is that our all-star gyms tend to work their competition schedules around the youth league and then school teams as many of these teams train in their facilities. When our teams finally start competing, many other gyms are already on their 3-4th competitions of the season and have tweaked their kinks while we are just getting started.

One of the biggest problems with Long Island gyms after the dilution of talent and the catering to Suzy's mom is that our all-star gyms tend to work their competition schedules around the youth league and then school teams as many of these teams train in their facilities. When our teams finally start competing, many other gyms are already on their 3-4th competitions of the season and have tweaked their kinks while we are just getting started.
Here in Florida it is the opposite way around. Allstars comes before schools. Schools have to come in on Sundays. My daughter's school as an all-star coach who comes to her school but they do not not stunt or tumble at this time due to injuries and a dissolution of the team at the school with the previous principal. We are hoping to be able to tumble next year.

The thing is we do not have a power house cheer gym on long island- each gym IMHO is know for something ie- stunting, dance,tumbling but not 1 is superior is all areas- NOW if they could all play nice in the sandbox we could potentially put together a worlds contender team. But would need an outsider to oversee the whole process.

The thing is we do not have a power house cheer gym on long island- each gym IMHO is know for something ie- stunting, dance,tumbling but not 1 is superior is all areas- NOW if they could all play nice in the sandbox we could potentially put together a worlds contender team. But would need an outsider to oversee the whole process.
I would say that about the county I live in but with Top Gun an hour and a half away depending on traffic it won't happen. Everyone will cheer up until Level 4 with with the promise of that Level 5 team and then be disappointed when it doesn't materialize and then leave for Top Gun. Look out for Lady Jags, they will be fierce. I have known most of these girls from gyms I have been at in the past 7 years and those girls are unstoppable!

Haha my mom always tells me I need to get my license so I can drive myself to cheer.... 10 mins away! If only she knew what other people did...

Back