All-Star Does Anybody Travel Out Of State To Get To Their Cheer Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My cp's car pool is from NY to NJ for 4 kids in Poughkeepsie and surrounding area. 2 to 3 hrs depending on traffic for starlites, Cosmic Rays, Suns & Odyssey.

I think we sat next to you at Worlds! I remember meeting a mom who drove in from Poughkeepsie who's cp was on Odyssey. This was Day 2 - we were sitting in the section that was originally closed off and we had to badger the worker guy to open the section. There were a couple fo WC people sitting in that section. (Basically it was Jersey people who wouldn't budge until they removed the rope!!!) I think another young lady was there to see her brother. Anywho, I didn't forget that because I was like - now that's a commute. But sitting there at World's, I'm sure it's worth it!!!

So I chose not to go to a good team this year that offered because it was a hour and 30 minute drive oppose to my usual 30 minutes...now im guessing my excuse is not very valid?lol

I drive 2.5 hours to stingrays twice a week. But ive gotten so used to it. It feels like a 45 minute drive.

A friend of mine who now cheers at my small gym flew back and forth from NC to NJ to be on NJSE X5. Theapia is our choreographer, and our owners recommended him because of his crazy tumbling skills, and he was on X5 for worlds (and maybe a few comps leading up to worlds). If you don't know the distance...it's about a 11 hour drive lol.
I knowvexcatkybwho you're talking about

We have had kids drive 3 hours away to be on our small coed. The one thing that concerns me the most. (and i'm a gym owner), is that kids and parents need to keep things in perspective. This is JUST cheer. The farthest you can take it is either College cheer (don't need a double full for that). After that you are back in real life, or you become a owner, coach or choreographer. The thing that concerns me most is, kids get so caught up in it (parents too), they forget why they are in it. Remember, school should and grades should always come first . After all, if you don't get the grades, you won't get accepted into college. My daughter cheered from age 6 to age 19. She went to worlds 4 years she even super seniored for me while going to and cheering for Butler University. BUT, I would have never allowed her to do that if she didnt have the grades to do so. She holds a 3.7 GPA in college. Please just put cheer in the proper place, and enjoy. :)

Back