All-Star Does The Majors Outshine Jamfest Sn?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We can probably agree on Kristen Stewart ;)

I know life isn't fair. I guess for me part of it is about being annoyed over the antics of the Holden's of the world, and a feeling that some elements of the Majors cater to that. But I suppose any industry brings out a few overblown egos.

I love watching really amazing teams as much as the next person. I'll be jamming myself in the "Milk House" at Worlds to watch WCSS, SE, F5 and Panthers battle it out, despite not having any affiliation with them.

But still, not a fan of the Majors - just don't "feel" it. To each their own :)

I have to agree it really just feeds into the "overblown egos" that already exist all over twitter, facebook instagram, etc. Which yes, we are to blame, because we are the ones following them, liking them, etc. on all of those outlets, but at the same time, I see things and I wonder if they think about what they are posting? Like catering the post to have everyone respond to it, if that makes sense? just babbling here lol.

I have to agree it really just feeds into the "overblown egos" that already exist all over twitter, facebook instagram, etc. Which yes, we are to blame, because we are the ones following them, liking them, etc. on all of those outlets, but at the same time, I see things and I wonder if they think about what they are posting? Like catering the post to have everyone respond to it, if that makes sense? just babbling here lol.
You're right: those types of egos exist in EVERY aspect of your life, social media, real life, cheer life, etc. One special brand of notoriety doesn't automatically dictate behavior. Behavior is indicative of itself.

The difference between a cheerlebrity with an overblown ego and a regular person with an overblown ego is that the cheerlebrity is usually, at the very least, talented. You may not like Holden, but look me in the face and tell me he's NOT one of the most talented tumblers and best performers in this industry. There are plenty of other cheerlebrities that have shown themselves to be nothing short of gracious, caring, giving individuals. I wish people would stop saying they hate 'cheerlebrities' and just say the truth: I hate people who I don't understand who live a life different from mine.

Unfortunately, money makes the world go round. The average price of a Majors ticket is $30 and the event is close to being sold out and was sold out last year - im guessing you can all do the math! Whether our sport needs another event like this or not I don't see it going anywhere cause people will always shell out the bucks to see an event like this since its been so hyped up on twitter and through the videos!
Personally, I love the hype. Some may hate it but I love seeing everyone so excited on social media to see teams and it sounds (bar the trip to England fiasco last year) like a great event to be a part of!

personally not a majors fan at all.
as a coach i would much rather spend the money to go to a comp. and try for a paid bid.

HUGE jambrands fan, but all of this is just another money maker to me.

What's wrong with makin a little scratch?

This.

They're offering a service/product they feel theres a market for. Clearly there is. They are a business, they make money. So if people are willing to pay $30 for a ticket to go to the event, have the event and charge $30.

Yay capitalism!

personally not a majors fan at all.
as a coach i would much rather spend the money to go to a comp. and try for a paid bid.

HUGE jambrands fan, but all of this is just another money maker to me.
This is something I do very much understand. As a coach, there is very little incentive to go to this type of event unless the bid offerings in your area a numerous enough (without saddling yourself with enough debt trying to get one, that at some point you could have just taken the at-large and paid yourself)..and you can certify you'd get a bid at another time. Heck, at least a couple of these teams already have bids, so it's not like they really have to worry about missing out..

The 'Cheerlebrity' phenomenom was inevitable. Especially considering how tied to social media our industry is (hello Fierce Boards), youth sports always put some of its star athletes center stage. We can point to Holden for having a 'manager' on Twitter, but I would argue that Fierceboard has played a larger role by giving Gabby Butler's cheer career it's own thread.

I don't think Majors promotes Cheerlebrities, but I do think it promotes some of the mega-gyms--and I don't know that it's a bad thing. Every industry needs its leaders/spokemodels that stand out that others aspire to.

quite simply I just don't get it... we have Worlds... this one just seems like some made up thing to add to already over the top hype for some teams.

I don't think so. I think that we hear more about The Majors because its so new and they are trying to build ongoing excitement. I think that those who go to JSN already know that it's a great event for all levels so there doesn't need to be a ton of hype. They really aren't marketing the event to those that aren't already going to be there.
However, the Majors is being marketed to those not immediately associated with the competition. I personally know about a dozen people who either aren't attending SN or don't even have kids in cheer that are heading downtown to see what the hype is about.
As for hype here on the boards, well we have Trinity to talk about instead ;)
:shimmy: Trinity

Back