All-Star Doral Coaches Meeting This Week

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I totally understand your frustration...I had a ton of it in the past...during that time when I couldn’t stop people around me (4 yrs ago) from doing crazy stuff...I used it as a tool to point out to my kids the way NOT to be...always a lesson in there somewhere...and NO...you should never give up trying to do whats right...I do not understand owners and coaches who support lying about ages....its mindless and cheating...period

All I wanted was a clear explination as to why US teams are penalized but non-US teams are not. Just saying "we are forgiving of International teams" is not the answer I was looking for. I want to know WHY, but no one I have talked to has been willing to tell me why. If they plan on continuing things this way they need to remove the "rule" from the Worlds Packet. I one of them said "sorry we made a mistake and was wrong" would make me feel better, but I won't hold my breath.

All I wanted was a clear explination as to why US teams are penalized but non-US teams are not. Just saying "we are forgiving of International teams" is not the answer I was looking for. I want to know WHY, but no one I have talked to has been willing to tell me why. If they plan on continuing things this way they need to remove the "rule" from the Worlds Packet. I one of them said "sorry we made a mistake and was wrong" would make me feel better, but I won't hold my breath.

I think that answer is slated to come into effect during the 2015-2016 season, it's not on the agenda for discussion at this time. :)

I think that answer is slated to come into effect during the 2015-2016 season, it's not on the agenda for discussion at this time. :)

Thanks for the info, in the one e-mail it said that they were going to address it, but I didn't know when that would happen since they never responded to my last e-mail asking when it would be addressed. I guess until I see some kind of change I will have little faith in it happening. Since the age grid came out and the International teams have a different cut off then the US teams it seems that may be one of their solutions, which doesn't really fix their mistake.
I will just sit and wait I guess.

If they would accept my Fierboard resume then I would handle their illegal athletes and release complaints for them, heck I would do it for FREE during my spare time. I like to think that I care enough about the topic that I could make intelligent decisions about it. Too bad they don't like what I had to say about one of those topics :mad: I just really hope that it is brought up by someone there, I would give them a huge hug and love them forever if they did.

If they accept mine, I would be happy to donate time to the athlete registration project (and the tangent sandbagging issue.). I'd even be happy to take on Worlds Fans Logistics.

Some major topics being discussed currently regarding changes for the World Championship.

Sounds like USASF is just trying to deter their fan base from attending, instead of fixing the problem, which is the small venue. You're telling me that it's more important to have World's at Disney than having 20,000 people/fans wanting to be at your event?

Steve Peterson stated, they don't want to lose $ by breaking contract that runs through 2014

Sounds like USASF is just trying to deter their fan base from attending, instead of fixing the problem, which is the small venue. You're telling me that it's more important to have World's at Disney than having 20,000 people/fans wanting to be at your event?
I really can't understand this, at all. It seems crazy to brainstorm ideas that make your event so unattractive or over priced that your fans and spectators won't want to come.

If you know you have "X" amount of people who want to support and watch your sport, why would you not get a venue that can hold "X" amount of people? If you really want to see the sport grow, trying to keep people out of events doesn't seem like a good idea.

I'm guessing there is some bigger issue that the average person is not privy to?

Steve Peterson stated, they don't want to lose $ by breaking contract that runs through 2014
Ok, sorry. Didn't see this before I posted.

I guess it will be interesting to see what happens after 2014.

Understandable...and plenty of interim solutions have been thrown out there on this board. Hopefully a temporary solution is figured out until the contract ends.

We talk about a lot of issues, but many of the conversations become one sided so the people that disagree bow out because they get tired of getting jumped on.

However, using FierceBoards you wouldn't necessarily have to get a consensus or even an answer you could get a sampling of different people from coaches to parents to athletes to gym owners, etc and how people are laying on the thought of the issue and use that as the basis of some decisions..just a thought...

I have asked for clear explanations on things all year as have my kids coaches and still have yet to receive any. I did get a reply to one email from Les Stella (Thank You Les) but it offered no explanation. He bascially said my concerns were discussed and he was simply the "messenger". My point is don't wait on any explanation because I don't think it is coming.

That makes a lot of sense and I am glad that someone finally came out and said when the contract ends and why a new venue isn't going to happen until then. Now instead of people complaining and throwing out new places they can come up with ideas (like some of the good ones posted on here) about how to make what we have work. It sucks but you have to be able to work with what you have.
I have asked for clear explanations on things all year as have my kids coaches and still have yet to receive any. I did get a reply to one email from Les Stella (Thank You Les) but it offered no explanation. He bascially said my concerns were discussed and he was simply the "messenger". My point is don't wait on any explanation because I don't think it is coming.
Yeah I have little faith in ever getting an explanation. It sucks because before I got the run around from them I tried to stand up for them when people would jump on the "i hate the USASF" bandwagon. I hate to say it but the majority of them have lost my support (i say majority because there are some good people at the USASF who want to make changes for the better).

The United States All Star Federation (USASF) does not have the same control or jurisdiction over teams not from the "United States" as it does over those in this country. That is also why there is currently a discrepancy between the non-US age brackets and the US ones.

Back