All-Star Doral Coaches Meeting This Week

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can someone please clarify, ARE THEY GOING TO CHANGE THE WORLDS VENUE?

All I have asked of the USASF is a valid reason for this age rule.

You have asked for answers to multiple questions. (which is your right)

They are well aware that every decision has both positive and negative, short-term and long-term effects for gyms of all sizes. Attempts are made to weigh each decision and come up with the best overall results.

It is the general opinion that putting athletes as young as 13 on teams with athletes 19+ creates safety & image concerns. Those athletes can still go to Worlds on senior teams, just not on the same team as adults.

(NOTE: I am trying to paraphrase the USASF opinion. I am not trying to represent either the "official" position or even necessarily my own personal opinion.)

Does anyone know just where USASF gets revenue from Worlds? I know that Disney gets the admission fees. Can't help but think there are revenue opportunities that could offset the penalty for switching venues. Heck, they were sold out of much of the merchandise on Saturday. Other venues would allow additional merchandising opportunities. Have they even looked at the possibility of recouping that $$ or just not considering the possibility because of the contract?

Does anyone know just where USASF gets revenue from Worlds? I know that Disney gets the admission fees. Can't help but think there are revenue opportunities that could offset the penalty for switching venues. Heck, they were sold out of much of the merchandise on Saturday. Other venues would allow additional merchandising opportunities. Have they even looked at the possibility of recouping that $$ or just not considering the possibility because of the contract?
Where did you see or hear that Disney gets all of the Admission Fees? I would think that the USASF would get a cut of it. Hmmm.

The United States All Star Federation (USASF) does not have the same control or jurisdiction over teams not from the "United States" as it does over those in this country. That is also why there is currently a discrepancy between the non-US age brackets and the US ones.

This isnt directed to you but.. does not have the same control or jurisdiction over teams not from the "United States" as it does over those in this country.

Dont they have control over who they allow to compete in their event? This is a cop out.

This isnt directed to you but.. does not have the same control or jurisdiction over teams not from the "United States" as it does over those in this country.

Dont they have control over who they allow to compete in their event? This is a cop out.
With that being said, if we really want it to be considered an International World Championship then all divisions need to line up with each other and ONE organization should be residing over it. I say lets give the reigns to IASF and see what happens .

Contrary to popular belief, Worlds is not a USASF, it's a USASF/IASF event. For the international teams, it's IASF Worlds and the USASF has no jurIsdiction over those teams. They can set the age grids to be whatever they want in the senior divisions, but they only have control over the US teams in the international divisions. Which seems silly to me, I think US teams should follow IASF rules in the international divisions, but I guess that makes the rest of the season complicated.

With that being said, if we really want it to be considered an International World Championship then all divisions need to line up with each other and ONE organization should be residing over it. I say lets give the reigns to IASF and see what happens .

That is the heart of my arguement. I have heard what Bluecat is saying from the USASF in regards to the age. It is not the responsibility of the USASF to play "moral police" for All Star programs and if they feel they must do so then there is a deeper problem that this will not solve. If they have facts to support this age rule then let's see them. If they cannot reveal those facts at risk of compromising some All Star programs then take those same facts and address it with the programs from which those facts originated. If they cannot or will not do this then the problem rests at the top of the USASF. Like it or not the responsibility of anything that is done within a company rests squarely on the shoulders of the President of that organization.

I am tired of this so called compromise that is, in my opinion, only a continuation of the same "ready fire aim" methodology that is doomed to fail....... and appears headed in that direction.

You have asked for answers to multiple questions. (which is your right)

They are well aware that every decision has both positive and negative, short-term and long-term effects for gyms of all sizes. Attempts are made to weigh each decision and come up with the best overall results.

It is the general opinion that putting athletes as young as 13 on teams with athletes 19+ creates safety & image concerns. Those athletes can still go to Worlds on senior teams, just not on the same team as adults.

(NOTE: I am trying to paraphrase the USASF opinion. I am not trying to represent either the "official" position or even necessarily my own personal opinion.)

I have heard those reasons indirectly as well. I hope you understand none of this is pointed toward you. I don't see the safety and image concern with this. The same kids all practice at the same gym and compete at the same venues. If it truely a safety and image concern then seperate them completely. Furthermore why promote the block party at Worlds where problems have existed and continue to exist. What data do they have to support thier stance or is it as you said "thier opinion"? As for the image I believe there are more pressing image concerns other than this.

Any way this meeting can be somewhere that the greatest majority can afford? I know that no matter where it's held, there will be SOMEONE inconvenienced, but a resort location in Florida just a few weeks after several of the same coaches had to pay for Las Vegas seems a bit exorbitant. I understand you can watch online, but you might get better feedback and participation from industry professionals if these meetings were more accessible.
Yes, I agree with you. I saw a twitter post by someone attending Doral basically shaming the gym owners/coaches who are not in attendance. "If we want change, we need to be there." I however, do not get paid by my gym and therefore everytime I attend something cheer-related, it is out of my pocket. I attend the regional meetings held, but it would be nice if the Doral meeting would at least be broadcast to the members for viewing.

If they accept mine, I would be happy to donate time to the athlete registration project (and the tangent sandbagging issue.). I'd even be happy to take on Worlds Fans Logistics.
This is another great post. I have also volunteered my time to take on any administrative tasks needed. I am not looking to change the cheer world, just volunteering my time to do the mundane tasks. Never did get a response.

Back