All-Star Do's And Don't S Of Worlds 2012!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do: If you see my "Avatar" PLEASE say hi as I want to meet new people :) I will probably be in an ACX shirt and If I look nervous it's gonna be my first year competiting :)
Don't: Come around and scare me about how scary it is on stage :(

This thread is awesome! It's my first time heading to Worlds, so I'm soaking up all the advice I can! :D

Question: How do you get through the 12+ hour days in the Milk House? Energy drinks? Caffeine? Pure adrenaline?
Adrenaline for me! there's ALWAYS something going on, and you can definitely pull energy from other crowd member too! I never realize i'm tired until i get into the car at the end of the day

Do's:
-Even if you dont make day2, still go and watch rather than sitting by the pool. Day2 is obviously the most important day and is definately the most intense, and you will regret not going when everyone is talking about it.
-Definatley add new pump on songs to your ipod..... Warmups and after warmups is extremely nerve wracking and its always good to just jam and relax yourself.
-I would suggest watching the teams from different countries, its extremely interesting to see their style of cheerleading and i was very impressed.

Dont's:
-Dont be ignorant to people about saving seats or anything like that, they will remember the name thats on your chest.

My husband voluntarily said he was going to take our daughter and her friend to Worlds this year. I don't think he has a clue what he has gotten himself into. He has never been to a competition this size. So if you see a guy walking around in a Fierceboard Shirt (I ordered him one) with two young girls wearing Brandon Worlds shirts... looking lost... help him out! LoL. The girls will be sporting Brandon shirts to support their coaches on Brandon Steele and friends at Brandon. :cool: I am not sure if he is going one day or both days yet.

My all-star resort mug is 11 years old. I assume that mug is still good for free refills since they're supposed to be good foir life. Right?

My husband voluntarily said he was going to take our daughter and her friend to Worlds this year. I don't think he has a clue what he has gotten himself into. He has never been to a competition this size. So if you see a guy walking around in a Fierceboard Shirt (I ordered him one) with two young girls wearing Brandon Worlds shirts... looking lost... help him out! LoL. The girls will be sporting Brandon shirts to support their coaches on Brandon Steele and friends at Brandon. :cool: I am not sure if he is going one day or both days yet.

I was going to ask you if you were going to be there. I was hoping to meet you.

This thread is awesome! It's my first time heading to Worlds, so I'm soaking up all the advice I can! :D

Question: How do you get through the 12+ hour days in the Milk House? Energy drinks? Caffeine? Pure adrenaline?

Patience. Lots and lots of patience for the Disney workers who want you to do what they want you to do...immediately. Patience for other spectators who would like your seat or to stand in front of you while you're trying to watch. Patience after you've stepped in gym or spilled soda for the third time. Patience for the line in the restroom. Need I continue? :eek:
Also, a very healthy dose of appreciation for the athletes competing, the parents who've usually paid their way to get there, the coaches who dedicate so much of their lives to the sport, the judges who have the awesome task of enduring the 12 hours days as well, the Disney staff who keep the arenas running and SO much more!

Do:
-Get a Wetzels Pretzel at the beginning of the day because my 4:30 they run out of everything or the line is just way to long.
- Talk to everyone sitting around you, I met some awesome cheer moms last year and they always said hi when they saw me at any competition this year.
- Trade bows with teams from out of the country, most of the teams have really awesome bows that you can't find anywhere else.
- If you have an iPhone buy one of the phone covers that acts as a battery it's the perfect back up and your phone will never die.
- Tweet your hearts out.

Don't
-Talk about your plans to hook up with so and so
-Drink in front of your 12 year old teammates
- Forget to drink water
- Get at the Milkhouse Saturday morning without a ticket get them Friday because that line is ridiculous
-Don't Forget to have an awesome time
-Don't forget about Friday practices at the football field! (Everyone's there and it's the perfect time to meet people)

Last year was our first year going (spectators only) and we did not notice that 14 hours had passed and we barely moved out of our seats! Forget the drinks (avoid bathroom runs). The competition provides all the energy you need.

yes

Do:
-Get a Wetzels Pretzel at the beginning of the day because my 4:30 they run out of everything or the line is just way to long.
- Talk to everyone sitting around you, I met some awesome cheer moms last year and they always said hi when they saw me at any competition this year.
- Trade bows with teams from out of the country, most of the teams have really awesome bows that you can't find anywhere else.
- If you have an iPhone buy one of the phone covers that acts as a battery it's the perfect back up and your phone will never die.
- Tweet your hearts out.

Don't
-Talk about your plans to hook up with so and so
-Drink in front of your 12 year old teammates
- Forget to drink water
- Get at the Milkhouse Saturday morning without a ticket get them Friday because that line is ridiculous
-Don't Forget to have an awesome time
-Don't forget about Friday practices at the football field! (Everyone's there and it's the perfect time to meet people)

Do you know where you can get those iPhone cases at? I have been searching for a while, my phone always manages to die early in the day at Competitions!

Back