All-Star Do's And Don't S Of Worlds 2012!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last year I brought special k protein bars to eat during the day. They arent bad for you, taste good and are really filling. To be honest, you get so wrapped up in the teams performing that you forget to eat (and trust me, its hard for me to "forget to eat":rolleyes:)

haha, ummmmm I think you mean 21+. Florida is still the United States, which means the drinking age is 21. Regardless of your age, it's probably smartest (and safest) to not drink at all if you're competing the next morning/that day.

I don't know why people get so preachy about alcohol (and it's not just you). I'm 24 and on an open team, if I have a drink with dinner Thursday night before competing Friday or at the pool bar relaxing, I can assure you it won't affect my performance on Friday. I've been of legal age for years now, alcohol has lost whatever "cool factor" it had when I was under 21.

And based off what I saw at the block party last year (where I was hoping I could get a beer, but they weren't serving unlike at college nationals), it wasn't the over 21s or even the over 18s that needed to be reminded. It was the senior-aged athletes who thought they were cool because someone bought them alcohol. Standing in line for a ride for an hour surrounded by drunk high school kids was not very fun.

Basically, be responsible and don't be stupid. If you're not of age you shouldn't be drinking (not that that's going to stop people), and if you are old enough, you probably know what your body can handle.

DO wear your fierceboard shirt with a "hello my name is (insert username here)" name tag!

I'm totally kidding, but not really. Honestly considered doing this since my avatar is not me and I want to me you all!

After UCA, I want to let EVERYONE know that into the Jostens Center the Entrance is DIFFERENT, it's on the side of the building, NOT through the food court, NO they will not let you pass and NO they don't care if you coach the team or your daughter is on in 1 minute, even if it's RAINING so DO: Bring your Umbrella. Also, I'm not sure if they will use the same "Varsity" tent, but team entry can be confusing but its in the back parent entry is front.

In regards to your "hopper pass", AS SOON AS YOU GET IT, take a picture of the back with your phone in case you lose your pass you can show that and they can scan it in case it's lost.

Not necessarily do's and don'ts but a heads up.

In regards to your "hopper pass", AS SOON AS YOU GET IT, take a picture of the back with your phone in case you lose your pass you can show that and they can scan it in case it's lost.

Lots of awesome information!!!! But this is probably one of the most important!!!

This thread is awesome! It's my first time heading to Worlds, so I'm soaking up all the advice I can! :D

Question: How do you get through the 12+ hour days in the Milk House? Energy drinks? Caffeine? Pure adrenaline?

I don't know why people get so preachy about alcohol (and it's not just you). I'm 24 and on an open team, if I have a drink with dinner Thursday night before competing Friday or at the pool bar relaxing, I can assure you it won't affect my performance on Friday. I've been of legal age for years now, alcohol has lost whatever "cool factor" it had when I was under 21.

And based off what I saw at the block party last year (where I was hoping I could get a beer, but they weren't serving unlike at college nationals), it wasn't the over 21s or even the over 18s that needed to be reminded. It was the senior-aged athletes who thought they were cool because someone bought them alcohol. Standing in line for a ride for an hour surrounded by drunk high school kids was not very fun.

Basically, be responsible and don't be stupid. If you're not of age you shouldn't be drinking (not that that's going to stop people), and if you are old enough, you probably know what your body can handle.
thats what i was saying. it lost its cool factor after high school and now its a, " i need a nice glass of wine" or a huge fruity drink

This will be my first time going to Disney so can someone please tell me what these mugs are?
You're not "supposed" to use it, but there really isn't someone standing there saying, hey, you're using the wrong color. If you were there for UCA College, HS, or All Star nationals, I assume you can use the same cup. Anyone who was there care to share what colors they were?
Just happened to be drinking out of my cup right now so I took a quick pic with my phone. They had teal pink and black I think. And ignore my message right above. Apparently this isn't a new cup and I was just that person using the old red one before! I might add that people were still using that one too and I never saw anyone say anything.
2lk8bht.jpg

Back