All-Star Espn U Worlds Coverage

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here's the CBS broadcast from NCA this year. I don't know how it compares to Worlds, but what I liked was that they used common cheer terms, gave a bit of history, and essentially explained the basics of the scoresheet so if you tuned in at that point, you'd easily get a feel for what was going on and how things were scored. They're doing scorpions, she comments on the scorpions so your brain goes 'Oh, that move is a scorpion!' Not complicated..I learned what a rush game was by watching football and figuring it out. Let's not assume people are that unintelligent.

ok, so I just watched the ICU Coed competition on CBSsports. Can we get Bill Seely and the chicky who was with him next year? I've always liked his commentary because he's knowledgeable in the sport. The chicky who was with him (whose name I can't remember) has done commentary before and is also knowledgeable.

Best part of the broadcast was watching the crowd during the SE segment. It was so amazing and it makes me enjoy their win even more and I'm not apart of the teal Army. Honestly if the would shown Panthers,Pink Ladies and the rest of the international divisons, even a clip would of been nice.

First let me say congrats to the teams that were shown. Even it it wasn't all of who I wanted to see, they did perform well and it was fun to see a division I had not been able to watch all year.

My frustration stems from telling our friends and family ( mostly out of state and do not visit during cheer season) who are non-cheer folks -i.e. the mass audience, to watch Worlds (an event with more than 2 divisions) so that they might get a glimpse of their grandchild/niece, etc. only to have them call me this morning confused. They watched almost the entire program and called to make sure I had given them the right dates and time because no where to be found was CP's team. Sorry for the lengthy sentences- just felt the need to share.

First let me say congrats to the teams that were shown. Even it it wasn't all of who I wanted to see, they did perform well and it was fun to see a division I had not been able to watch all year.

My frustration stems from telling our friends and family ( mostly out of state and do not visit during cheer season) who are non-cheer folks -i.e. the mass audience, to watch Worlds (an event with more than 2 divisions) so that they might get a glimpse of their grandchild/niece, etc. only to have them call me this morning confused. They watched almost the entire program and called to make sure I had given them the right dates and time because no where to be found was CP's team. Sorry for the lengthy sentences- just felt the need to share.
And another thought- maybe this is a way to get more people to buy VOD ;)

There has to be a better way for who? For us?????

I don't see it as being for us... But showing 7-8 routines of sm. sr. and nothing at all from 5 of the 10 divisions and not listing top 10 from every division borders on being disrespectful to the other world champs...

They would have done a massively better job promoting the sport by showing a little more about how many teams come to compete and how many divisions there are. The non-cheer people that I had watch the program ALL came away thinking that 10 teams in sm. sr. was basically all there was... The world champs in each division earned their 2 minutes on ESPN in my opinion. Not putting down sm. sr. but not seeing anything from so many divisions and seeing the 8th place team in sm. sr. just didn't cut it for me.

Sone have mentioned that USASF/Varsity pays to show Worlds coverage. If that's the case, why would they choose to show only the divisions shown and why would the scripted commentary suck to that extent? How did what we saw this weekend further our sport in any way? I'm not seeing it.

My mom sat down to watch with me today and her first comment was "so when does topgun go on?" and I kindly explained they wouldnt be shown. The whole show she compared every team to topgun and told me that if these teams could get on here and topgun couldn't then she doesnt know whats wrong with ESPN..lol

My mom sat down to watch with me today and her first comment was "so when does topgun go on?" and I kindly explained they wouldnt be shown. The whole show she compared every team to topgun and told me that if these teams could get on here and topgun couldn't then she doesnt know whats wrong with ESPN..lol

My nana watched it with me and I had told her about Cheer Extreme. The whole time she's like is that Cheer Extreme? No nana it's not. Is that? NO. Finally Cheer Extreme wait nooooo only a glimpse at Senior Elite which is so close to us. Then SSX was up. I still wasn't satisfied without my whole SE routine... Then my nana asked is that Cheer Extreme? NO THEY PROBABLY WONT SHOW THOSE DIVISIONS BECAUSE USASF IS DUMB! She walked away.... Yeah then she made some comment after that Stingrays girl was talking and said after my daddy spent so much money on this. I go don't diss my cheer, I don't care what price it is, don't diss my cheer Kay?

They could have shown the Top 3 from MOST divisions. I don't get why they showed IOC6, I just saw 2 of those routines (only with fulls) last weekend on CBS. The commentary is what it is, I mute it half the time. However I will say anyone on here criticizing Amanda BorDen needs to shut up, she has fought so hard for our sport and brings a REAL name to cheerleading and has backed cheerleading. Maybe she calls a "tic toc" a "switch your feet" but she also comments on the athleticism and how difficult what "non-cheerleading" viewers are watching. The fact the fierceboard section wasn't interviewed is what makes me the most upset, totally joking ;)

Back