All-Star Ex-cheer Coach In Boca Raton, Fl Arrested

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 12, 2012
Ok, I'm a little confused here. I watched as pages and pages and pages are dedicated to gossip and half-truths about teams, but when a real, serious issue like this one turns up, the only thing is a thread titled, "How Would You Feel About This?".

I'll tell you how I feel about this. Disgusted. Disgusted that the majority of the people on this forum would rather demonize legitimate cheerleading organizations unrightfully, than speak out against the real demons of our sport.

The comments in the first story I'm linking to are appalling. Parents and gym owners KNEW this coach was a problem? Athletes did not want to come forward because they didn't want to ruin the chances of their team going to championships? More victims are expected to come forward?

Come on! With stuff like this coming on, who cares if gyms are giving kids scholarships to come cheer with them or not.

Boca Raton cheerleading coach charged with sexual battery | www.palmbeachpost.com

Michael Venditto: Former cheerleading coach stands charged with lascivious battery - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Ex-Coach Accused Of Having Sex With Teen Cheerleaders « CBS Miami

I completely understand, and agree with, your disgust. I'm glad, though, that not every thread on here is dedicated to the pedos, sickos and filth that is present EVERYWHERE, not just in the cheer world.
Educate your athlete and keep a close eye on them.

Ok, I'm a little confused here. I watched as pages and pages and pages are dedicated to gossip and half-truths about teams, but when a real, serious issue like this one turns up, the only thing is a thread titled, "How Would You Feel About This?".

I'll tell you how I feel about this. Disgusted. Disgusted that the majority of the people on this forum would rather demonize legitimate cheerleading organizations unrightfully, than speak out against the real demons of our sport.

The comments in the first story I'm linking to are appalling. Parents and gym owners KNEW this coach was a problem? Athletes did not want to come forward because they didn't want to ruin the chances of their team going to championships? More victims are expected to come forward?

Come on! With stuff like this coming on, who cares if gyms are giving kids scholarships to come cheer with them or not.

Boca Raton cheerleading coach charged with sexual battery | www.palmbeachpost.com

Michael Venditto: Former cheerleading coach stands charged with lascivious battery - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Ex-Coach Accused Of Having Sex With Teen Cheerleaders « CBS Miami

Not everyone communicates or titles threads in the same manner. Some people are more inflammatory and others like to throw it out there and see what flares up. That said, coaches don't be alone with athletes and parents don't allow your kids to be alone with coaches!

I think part of the reason "pages and pages" of other topics are discussed (I'll admit sometimes beyond what is necessary) is because there's something to discuss. When it comes to scholarshipping athletes, there are different viewpoints. We can actually have a debate even.

I think with something like this story there's not really anyone who's going to disagree that this is horrible, so there's no lengthy conversation. I'm pretty sure no one thinks this is OK, nor does anyone think it's good for our industry. Scholarships and rules are debatable, this is not. This is bad - not laughable bad like some of the things we talk about, just bad. You can only have so many pages of people saying "Yep, that's disgusting."

why are we starting a new thread about this when one was already started?
Started a new thread because a thread with the title "How Would You Feel About This?" seems to sweep a VERY serious issue under the rug.

If we could get a fraction of the action and attention that a recruiting thread got, which by comparison is quite silly IMHO, then how much better could we safeguard our children from this type of abuse? I guess I am just a parent, who takes this type of thing seriously and would like to draw awareness to such abuses to keep this kind of thing from happening to other children. Bottom line.

As far as Trinity is concerned. I have not stepped one foot in the door of that gym and I bet the vast majority of those who post hateful things about this gym have never done so, either.

My advice, focus on things that matter, like what we can all do to keep our children safe. How about everyone that focuses their energies on gossiping gets together and demands accountability for the gym in Boca that fired their coach in 2011, but did nothing to report his crimes against children?

Take a moment. Think about that. Recruiting VS. Child Abuse. No contest.

You can not compare sexual activity with minors to giving scholarships to cheerleaders......It just isn't even in the same ballpark. Both are important topics but just so drastically different.

Just curious - which do you think is a worse offence?

In one of the other threads from last week people were outraged, calling it a sad day in cheerleading. With this there aren't a whole lot of opinions or discussion (so far).

Maybe it's because I'm still fairly new to the boards and wasn't on when this sort of thing happened in other states. But I would have thought this would spark more discussion.

I truly hope as an industry and parents we haven't become so accustomed to THIS sort of behavior. THAT would truly be a sad day in the industry.

To @mamarrazi's point (sorry if my tag doesn't work) it's because of stories like this that I stay at the gym with my CP's at all times.

As for the OP - regardless of why they're upset. Thanks for posting this, if there was another thread started on this I didn't see it and wouldn't have if they hadn't titled it the way they did.

Someone said they're glad all threads etc aren't dedicated to pedo's in the industry - is it safe to assume by this comment that this happens more often then reported? If so shouldn't we as parents bring more awareness to this issue? Just curious.

Ok stepping off my soapbox, it's kinda small today anyways. :)

Go one bring on the cows or a popcorn thingy

OF COURSE I THINK THIS IS WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!

It is just a pet peeve of mine when people post the same issue on multiple threads!

In one of the other threads from last week people were outraged, calling it a sad day in cheerleading. With this there aren't a whole lot of opinions or discussion (so far).

Maybe it's because I'm still fairly new to the boards and wasn't on when this sort of thing happened in other states. But I would have thought this would spark more discussion.

I truly hope as an industry and parents we haven't become so accustomed to THIS sort of behavior. THAT would truly be a sad day in the industry.

To @mamarrazi's point (sorry if my tag doesn't work) it's because of stories like this that I stay at the gym with my CP's at all times.

As for the OP - regardless of why they're upset. Thanks for posting this, if there was another thread started on this I didn't see it and wouldn't have if they hadn't titled it the way they did.

Someone said they're glad all threads etc aren't dedicated to pedo's in the industry - is it safe to assume by this comment that this happens more often then reported? If so shouldn't we as parents bring more awareness to this issue? Just curious.

:cow: :enjoyshow:
Per your request . . . .

So, when the gym says they are closing practices what do you say to that???

I've honestly have never had an issue with closed practices and here's why. It's never been on a one in one basis, my CP's are very well informed and trained to know when / what to do when things become inappropriate because I have MANY close people in my life who have suffered thru abuse as children.

While I don't have an issue with it, that doesn't mean I'm comfortable with it but I understand the need for it. Now if my gym had a camera system of sort that I could watch practices on, as I've been told some gyms do (I want to say Rays in JC does) then I'd be very comfortable with it.

Back