All-Star Extra Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With the D1 and D2 now being formally split at competitions, the competitions in prior years that had 5 paid and 10 at large are now split between D1 and D2 so it ends up actually being more paid bids with both D1 and D2 awarding 3 paid and 5 at large. Or am I mistaken?

why is no one randomly “finding” or adding extra summit bids??? Only worlds bids...
Giving so many summit bids to NCA and cheersport have really hurt the chances at regional comps.

So I am confused & was wondering if anyone could shed light on this. We were at a comp this weekend & it said there were 4 AL Bids and 2 Paid bids. It was also a Worlds Bid Event. They gave out all of the bids during that 2nd session which consisted of level 2, 5 & 6. Level 3 & 1 were the session after that but they didn't give out any bids during that session's awards. Does anyone know why that is?

So I am confused & was wondering if anyone could shed light on this. We were at a comp this weekend & it said there were 4 AL Bids and 2 Paid bids. It was also a Worlds Bid Event. They gave out all of the bids during that 2nd session which consisted of level 2, 5 & 6. Level 3 & 1 were the session after that but they didn't give out any bids during that session's awards. Does anyone know why that is?
I'm assuming you're talking about Worlds bids as Summit bids aren't given out as 2 Paid and 4 AL. Level 3 and 1 are not Worlds levels, so they would not get Worlds bids, only 5 & 6.
Summit bids are announced on Monday nights following the competition for all comps.

What comp was that? All summit bids are awarded on Monday evening after the comp I believe. They can do worlds bids at the comp or some have done it on Mondays also. They also may have bids to other comps such as The One, US Finals, etc to which they can award bids during the comp.

I'm assuming you're talking about Worlds bids as Summit bids aren't given out as 2 Paid and 4 AL. Level 3 and 1 are not Worlds levels, so they would not get Worlds bids, only 5 & 6.
Summit bids are announced on Monday nights following the competition for all comps.

That must have been it. I thought they were the summit bids but they must have been the worlds bids. We came in right at the tail end of the awards for that session, the only thing I heard was they split the 2 bids and one was an international. There were some amazing teams there this weekend!! Thank you for your help!

This whole bid situation is very frustrating this season. I get it ... there is nothing we can do about it, and I completely respect our gym owner and defer to his decisions and support them WHOLE-HEARTEDLY. That being said, ALL gym owners are now being forced to take a "gamble" with the wildcards. Wildcards are a good thing, but there is so much more thought required this year investing into what teams they believe can benefit from a WC and which of the teams can more easily earn the other bids (based on the bid declaration). The way the overall bid declaration is written, and being applied, makes it SO much more difficult to get those bids now. Whereas, so many of our teams earned At Larges and Paids in previous years, now the WC are thrown into the mix for everyone. I feel like, this season, there are so many less bids because of the smaller comps that are popping up all over. Don't get me wrong, those are good opportunities for many, but a catch 22, for sure. The bigger gyms are even taking WC this year, which is amazing to me. My head is spinning ... I need to get a hobby instead of evaluating the cheer industry. lol!

another question about bids......why is 4.2 against R5 for bids? shouldnt they be with either level 2 or 4?

another question about bids......why is 4.2 against R5 for bids? shouldnt they be with either level 2 or 4?
I think it's a numbers thing. There's a lot less of each of those. Since it doesn't really matter scoring wise between divisions anyway, it makes it a little more even with how many are going for the bid. I've seen several comps this season when there weren't any level 5 teams going for bids, especially for D2.

The entire bid dispersal for Summit/D2 is mind bogging this season. There's hundreds of level 1 and level 2 bid recipients and very few level 3 and above. Our Large Youth 3 has suffered thus far this season.

Summit/D2 Summit are no longer events for the elitist of the sport.

The entire bid dispersal for Summit/D2 is mind bogging this season. There's hundreds of level 1 and level 2 bid recipients and very few level 3 and above. Our Large Youth 3 has suffered thus far this season.

Summit/D2 Summit are no longer events for the elitist of the sport.
There's way more level 3 teams with bids than level 1 in D1. D2 is a little closer, but still more level 3. The ratios for each level/division are really similar to how they have been every year. It makes complete sense for level 2 and 3 to have more of the bids due to those levels having a bulk of the teams. I would be more concerned if there were just as many level 4/5 teams as level 2/3 since there are far fewer teams. If anything I would say the way bids are given out this year is more fair and allows for each level to get them than previous years.

Yes, this. It seems like there are very few teams competing for the level 4 and 5 bids. Not sure if this is a good/fair thing.

There are naturally fewer L4 and 5 teams in general than L1-3. The way they do ratio scoring also makes it more difficult for a L4 or 5 team to beat lower levels. The current pressure to get bids also encourages programs to only "promote" athletes who have a high level of mastery of the skills - effectively making it much harder to get "promoted" than it used to be. As more programs do this, there is more pressure on others to follow suit.

There are some positives, but I'm not sure this is good overall for the industry.

The bigger gyms are even taking WC this year, which is amazing to me. My head is spinning ... I need to get a hobby instead of evaluating the cheer industry. lol!

Maybe evaluating the cheer industry has turned into your hobby [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are naturally fewer L4 and 5 teams in general than L1-3. The way they do ratio scoring also makes it more difficult for a L4 or 5 team to beat lower levels. The current pressure to get bids also encourages programs to only "promote" athletes who have a high level of mastery of the skills - effectively making it much harder to get "promoted" than it used to be. As more programs do this, there is more pressure on others to follow suit.

There are some positives, but I'm not sure this is good overall for the industry.

I’m curious as to why this is not good? Can you expand?

Back