All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I find it humorous that this thread is supposed to be about fake accounts etc. and how dangerous it is to put your real information on the Internet because creepy people can steal it... And yet we now have pages upon pages of people complaining about people who "hide" behind usernames and won't use their real identity. Does no one else see the irony in this?

You & SheCheers weren't even around in the dark ages - it was a scary time for the board.
Some people were especially devastated / taken advantage of. cheercurl theoneandonly @unc89

I find it humorous that this thread is supposed to be about fake accounts etc. and how dangerous it is to put your real information on the Internet because creepy people can steal it... And yet we now have pages upon pages of people complaining about people who "hide" behind usernames and won't use their real identity. Does no one else see the irony in this?

Without posting the whole drawn out back story, it went way beyond just posting anonymously. Many befriended and spent a significant amount of time in chats, conversations and telephone calls with a person who wasn't who they said they were. There were some folks who were heartbroken and taken advantage of.

So...the lesson learned here to me is: don't share your personal information and befriend people you don't know.

NOT...single out an individual and demand they reveal themselves.

Yes, you could say that, except some of us would have missed out on some really great and real life friendships if we hadn't taken a chance and befriended people. Damn if you do damn if you don't situation I guess.

how did you find out?

about Whoadeedle being a fake? Certain things started to not add up. Several of our board sleuths, who had befriended her, did some investigating. The facebook of the girl she was pretending to be, her actual name ect were all found. I'll never forget that day. The phonecalls, text messages and chat were crazy.

about Whoadeedle being a fake? Certain things started to not add up. Several of our board sleuths, who had befriended her, did some investigating. The facebook of the girl she was pretending to be, her actual name ect were all found. I'll never forget that day. The phonecalls, text messages and chat were crazy.
"a date which will live in infamy"

Can someone explain who/what Logan Monty was/did? I keep seeing the name pop up on twitter every so often and usually to do with this sort of crazypants nuttiness. Feel free to PM me. Not trying to stir up controversy, just wondering.

Also if anyone wants to clarify the McManus situation. I actually sent some lovely messages to him/his brother and I apparently missed the fact they weren't real. Not that I take the sentiment back, anyone disturbed enough to make several fake twitters and a suicide attempt probably needs some sort of kindness.

Can someone explain who/what Logan Monty was/did? I keep seeing the name pop up on twitter every so often and usually to do with this sort of crazypants nuttiness. Feel free to PM me. Not trying to stir up controversy, just wondering.

Also if anyone wants to clarify the McManus situation. I actually sent some lovely messages to him/his brother and I apparently missed the fact they weren't real. Not that I take the sentiment back, anyone disturbed enough to make several fake twitters and a suicide attempt probably needs some sort of kindness.
cheer4life post the picture.

I think aves outed mcmanus yesterday.....maybe message her to get the whole scoop...I just heard that it was major fake...super sad considering the hoax that was played out...:(

Back