All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone else see the irony in this entire thread?? Why are some people given a "free pass" to forget their past personas, but we can't with others? I'm just dumbfounded by the entire thing. You can't call people out when you are guilty of doing the exact same thing.

This is me reading this thread, seriously.
tumblr_m2h47sQ1Cn1r95m39o1_500.gif
oooh honey i think the SAME thing.

Does anyone else see the irony in this entire thread?? Why are some people given a "free pass" to forget their past personas, but we can't with others? I'm just dumbfounded by the entire thing. You can't call people out when you are guilty of doing the exact same thing.

This is me reading this thread, seriously.
tumblr_m2h47sQ1Cn1r95m39o1_500.gif

I would say a good rule would be: If you read through this thread and DON'T feel like this then you should be worried. Very worried.

Ok, I really curious to know how long ago this woahdeedle thing happened.

Without giving out too much personal information, let's just say that I know someone who's job is Network Security. I would say s/he is an expert in this sort of thing. IP addresses CAN match to people who are 1000 miles apart (especially if the time frame is not the same). IP addresses are given out in blocks to your ISP. they don't have an individual unique one for each computer on the ISP's (external) network...there just aren't that many IP addresses to go around...get it? There are more people/devices on networks/the internet than there are unique IP addresses. I think y'all are confusing internal IP addresses (that of an individuals computer) to external (that of an ISP).
It doesn't pick up random IP addresses. If you post from your phone, your IP address is constantly changing. If you post from a friends house, different IP, if you post on your laptop at the airport, different IP address. If you unplug your modem and replug it in, different IP. Keep in mind too, that everyone in your house behind your router has the same IP, most people in your office have the same IP, a bunch of people in a school library behind the internet connection have the same IP.

Blocking a user by IP is pretty useless because it's extremely easy to get a new IP address, either by resetting your router or going through a proxy (basically someone else sends all their internet traffic through my computer so it looks like it's coming from my IP and not theirs).

It's very unlikely that you would have the same IP for more than a few months at a time. It's entirely possible that I could have the same IP address you had two years ago, but it's VERY unlikely considering how many IP addresses there are. Though SheCheers is right too that there are more internet connections than there are IP addresses.
Wow thank you guys for some informative information. I sure know that unless I see someone more proof that I am not believing anything off that right there.

Wow thank you guys for some informative information. I sure know that unless I see someone more proof that I am not believing anything off that right there.

I should add that though it's not concrete evidence, if theIP logs are within a reasonable amount of time from each other, it's pretty incriminating. It's possible to share an IP, yes, but within the context of the cheer world and members of this board, it's unlikely.

I'd still take it with a grain of salt, of course.

I should add that though it's not concrete evidence, if theIP logs are within a reasonable amount of time from each other, it's pretty incriminating. It's possible to share an IP, yes, but within the context of the cheer world and members of this board, it's unlikely.

I'd still take it with a grain of salt, of course.
considering these accusations are from years ago before I was even around, I don't think a reasonable amount of time frame is the case.

What would constitute infallible proof to you all? IP address obviously isn't enough. Pictures? No, you can evidently photoshop someone's head on another body. A written confession? Can totally be faked.
Fact is, y'all, we might never know beyond the shadow of a doubt. But I imagine ztadeedle is gone - if not for good, at least in her current form. So either the witch hunt worked, or it alienated someone pretty seriously.

....Sooooo back to Fake Social Networking Accounts? Any new ones to report to day? Seeing as this thread is now at 53 pages we seem to have a good amount of traffic to get some serious fakers shut down.

ANTI-CREEPER LEAGUE ASSEMBLE!!!!

Back