All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm reminded of the line from Spaceballs about the, "brother's cousin's sister's former roommate." I officially have lost my mind trying to follow this....that's about the same time when I determined it wasn't worth the effort.

You quoted Spaceballs? I'm going to reaffirm what I pm'd you not so long ago....favorite poster status :D

As far as I'm aware, the ORIGINAL intent of this thread was to shut down facebook pages/twitter accounts/formsprings that were pretending to be people they weren't. The names of the creators of those pages were never mentioned (So Suzy Cheer wasn't outed, but if she created a fake profile, it was shut down), nor did we know if there was any way to discover that. As long as you are not currently pretending to be someone you aren't (ie Me pretending to be Kristen Stewart), it is NOT hypocritical for you to be posting fake profiles to get shut down. You may be fabricating stuff about your own life, but that is NOT the same as pretending to be another living human being.

And yes, I think there is definitely a mob mentality on the boards between groups of posters. Something that I do believe frustrates many a new poster on here or those who feel marginalized by said posters. And yes, that can lead to feelings of being bullied. Maybe they should suck it up, but that doesn't give the people initiating free reign to continue. It's like when my brother was 5 and felt free to hit me in the face as often as he liked, but then would go cry to my mom the moment I swung back.

As far as I'm aware, the ORIGINAL intent of this thread was to shut down facebook pages/twitter accounts/formsprings that were pretending to be people they weren't. The names of the creators of those pages were never mentioned (So Suzy Cheer wasn't outed, but if she created a fake profile, it was shut down), nor did we know if there was any way to discover that. As long as you are not currently pretending to be someone you aren't (ie Me pretending to be Kristen Stewart), it is NOT hypocritical for you to be posting fake profiles to get shut down. You may be fabricating stuff about your own life, but that is NOT the same as pretending to be another living human being.

And yes, I think there is definitely a mob mentality on the boards between groups of posters. Something that I do believe frustrates many a new poster on here or those who feel marginalized by said posters. And yes, that can lead to feelings of being bullied. Maybe they should suck it up, but that doesn't give the people initiating free reign to continue. It's like when my brother was 5 and felt free to hit me in the face as often as he liked, but then would go cry to my mom the moment I swung back.
Thank you for this post.

\
oh there is. for sure

I officially have a headache and realize why I don't read the boards at work !

I do most of my reading at work - it's why I missed everything as it was happening the other night.

Well I want to publicly apologize to anyone who felt marginalized by anything that I've posted on this subject. That truly was not my intent. <3
I think the day you ever make ANYONE feel marginalized will be the day I eat a lemon whole. :D

It's not as much this thread as it is the board on the whole. I'm probably guilty of it myself, and I've only been here 3 years. I know there are some people who I feel I 'get along' with better on here, and often look for their posts. We're drawn to people who share our ideas and thoughts, who, as superficial as it may be, like the same teams we do, prefer certain routines and such, etc. Sometimes, I think we just need to read our posts and pause before we hit 'Post Reply.' We joke about wanting to make cheer 'more accessible' and then treat new people and veterans alike with some of the most elitist ish I've seen, and I've been to Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It's one thing to be snarky to newbies on occasion, particularly when they're being rude little buggers, but the mob mentality needs to be taken down a notch, without question. And I'm not usually a target..

You may be fabricating stuff about your own life, but that is NOT the same as pretending to be another living human being.

I don't disagree with anything you've posted, but this is the statement I want to highlight. The person who was whoadeedle ect, did in fact pretend to be another living human being. I think, that fact...in addition to the hypocrisy of calling out others doing similar things is what led to the brouhaha of the last however many days it's been.

BTW, if anyone would like to pretend to be me, please let me know where to send the bills. Car insurance is due in July, phone bill is due in a week. Thanks :)

Back