All-Star Favorite Cheerlebrity?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, thanks for the support and I don't mind the questions and any criticism. No need to demonize anyone. Just to put the record straight, as I watched SE put their routine together Sunday I noticed Maddie did triple toe back, running full, flew center in 2 stunt sequences, did another stunt and a basket, and maybe another basket, made transitions, some motions, danced, based, back spoted in the pyramid and based off the ground in the pyramid. Not a standing double or whip whip double, but hardly just a flyer and really more like what all cheerleaders do in routines. Carry on.

This reminds me of a saying I once heard: "Your bridge called. They want their troll back". ;)

That being said, what makes a "cheerlebrity"? I have been watching Maddie videos for years on You Tube. I think 2by2 has a lot to do with starting the ball rolling. That's not to say she doesn't deserve it, because she definitely does, and I am a fan of hers. What I'm saying is Talent+Press Exposure = Cheerlebrity, IMO. I don't think Maddie asked for it...what started out as something small (youtube videos) snowballed into something huge. She is humble and I think great parenting has something to do with that, as well as having the inner strength and grace to deal with the pressure.

This reminds me of a saying I once heard: "Your bridge called. They want their troll back". ;)

That being said, what makes a "cheerlebrity"? I have been watching Maddie videos for years on You Tube. I think 2by2 has a lot to do with starting the ball rolling. That's not to say she doesn't deserve it, because she definitely does, and I am a fan of hers. What I'm saying is Talent+Press Exposure = Cheerlebrity, IMO. I don't think Maddie asked for it...what started out as something small (youtube videos) snowballed into something huge. She is humble and I think great parenting has something to do with that, as well as having the inner strength and grace to deal with the pressure.

Thank you so much, one comment like this cancels out 100s of negative ones. That said, the thing I will tell you about Maddie is that although her cohort in Level 5 is mostly oblivious to her, which is understandable as they are in the same situation with comperable or better skills, work just as hard on just as good of teams, the younger kids seem to really be drawn to her and they make up the vast majority of her fans. And she hits it off really well with the younger kids. She really takes their expressions of affection seriously and trys to return them in kind, and kids know when someone is being real.

At the end of the day, what does hating someone get you? I'm not saying you have to love her or think she's (or any other cheerlebrity, for that matter) the most fantastic person on earth, but a cloak of anonymity doesn't give someone the right to badmouth ANYONE. You're right, you do have a right to an opinion though. And I have a right to think you're an idiot because you express it as such. I'm not so much sensitive as I don't understand why people feel the need to hate on anyone. You wanna hate someone? I have a list of people who are MORE than deserving of hatred/teen angst: the Syrian government, Gaddafi, various other dictators, serial killers, racists, that chick in Eastern Europe who videoed herself throwing innocent puppies in a river to drown, rapists, and the IRS. I dunno, maybe I've just grown up seeing the 'big picture.' lol ;)

Plus it's my birthday, I'm too happy to feel antagonized or hurt by some anonymous, sad-sounding person. :) I just pity you, and your ridiculous teen angst. I hope you grow out of it :)

PLEASE explain to me where I once said I hated her. Go ahead. I just simply explained that I don't get why she is so popular compared to other people who are better, that don't get any recognition at all.

PLEASE explain to me where I once said I hated her. Go ahead. I just simply explained that I don't get why she is so popular compared to other people who are better, that don't get any recognition at all.
it's not like she was the first to do a ball up 360 tick tock....

it's not like she was the first to do a ball up 360 tick tock....
Okay, she was. And it was good and impressive. And still is. But, why does that 1 skill bring all this attention and fame? I've seen a girl do a ball up 540. And while it did get some attention here and there, that skill which is a little harder than a 360 never reached the hype that she got for her 360.

Okay, she was. And it was good and impressive. And still is. But, why does that 1 skill bring all this attention and fame? I've seen a girl do a ball up 540. And while it did get some attention here and there, that skill which is a little harder than a 360 never reached the hype that she got for her 360.
its not always what you say, its how you say it. it sounded rude and offensive. you may have not even meant it the way it sounded because when reading, tones can be misinterpreted. what I don't understand is how it's this big of a deal now? All we were saying is that we don't agree with insulting individual kids online. You may disagree with that for whatever reason, but what really made some people annoyed and related you to LOLsmiley, is how you responded to kristenthegreat. regardless, whether you like her or not, she didn't ask for the fame. she was famous way before the CNN special. She is the point flyer for one of the most popular world winning teams with her own highlight specialty stunt that has never been done before her. A lot of the girls on SE are cheerlebrities, I would only expect Maddie to be one as well.

You also have to keep in mind CEA did win worlds in that year,she is point flyer, i'm pretty sure the ball up 540 originated from the ball up 360 (i could be wrong) interviewed by cheer magazines, has many 2by2's & unusually tall for a flyer. All the hype isn't just from the 360, she's a good flyer in general.

Back