All-Star Favorite Cheerlebrity?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Megan Glisson she's a great flyer, tumbler, and her toe touch is probaly one of the best I have seen. Oh and Myles Fab from NJSE Fab 5

I find it interesting that it's "acceptable" to continually praise a complete stranger, but questioning the legitimacy of another isn't?

I almost don't feel like wasting my breath on the topic. She may not have asked for praise, but when she signed the waiver to be broadcast on cable tv, she knew that it was a double edged sword: with praise comes ridicule. I'm sure with her being on the pedestal she's been on long before the CNN airing, she's aware of this. With that being said, I'm sure (or at least hope) she's mature enough to handle it all.

You say that she should be mature enough to handle it, well I hope your mature enough to bash a 17 year old girl.

A certain whitesnake song suddenly comes to mind. I have visions of a young Tawny Kitaen dancing on top of two jags... LOLOLOL!!!! And here we go again...

Soooo... let's talk about something less devisive... Politics anyone? :deadhorse::banghead::enjoyshow:

Too many that I love,but my absolute fav is MADDIE GARDNER!! I don't really care that all due is THE BEST flyer ever and only has a round off handspring full and triple toe back, I LUV HER!!! she sets such an amazingly good example for cheerleaders and girls in general!!

I like mainly the CEA Cheerlebrities: Erica Englebert, Maddie Gardner, Juliet Mccreery (I don't know if I spelled her last name right, hahaha) & I like Whitney Love. Oh, and Kiara Nowlin, if she counts. She's a cheerlebrity/power tumblerity lol!

PLEASE explain to me where I once said I hated her. Go ahead. I just simply explained that I don't get why she is so popular compared to other people who are better, that don't get any recognition at all.

For whatever reason A lot of people dislike it ,but the "it" factor also comes into play. There are many amazing, talented, and hard working cheerleaders out there. You combine that with the unexplainable "it" factor and you have a well known & loved cheerleader. My CP's adore Gabi Butler. You could tell them, but such and such cheerleader as a higher tumble skill level. It wouldn't matter to them. That's who is they look up to and are in awe of. Even though the majority dislike & frown upon it many young cheerleaders are going to have fav. Cheerleaders that they look up to. It is what it is.

Top 5: (no particular order)
Kiara Nowlin (Beautiful Tumbling)
Gabi Butler ( Her flexibility though)
Maddie Gardner ( Props to that ball up 360 tick tock)
Jamie Andries (I just love her)
Matt Smith (He's just so great)

CEA:
Maddie Gardner
Taylor Minchew
Molly Gibbons
Erica Englebert
Gabie Dinsbeer
Mikayla Raleigh

Top Gun:
Megan Glisson
Sydney Ehrens
Drew Tyler

Personally, I find the entire "cheerlebrity" thing and the controversy it causes quite amusing. "She didn't ask to be famous" doesn't hold water with me, because in order to gain the level of exposure these kids have, the have to go looking for it and continue to cultivate the fan following. There are hundreds of really good level 5 cheerleaders out there, but they don't all have fan sites and tv specials. Someone had to agree to do those things, rather than saying "no thanks". They had to WANT the exposure they brought. There is nothing at all wrong with that, but the idea that cheerlebrities, or and other kind of celebrities just happen isn't realistic.

Cheerlebrity idolization is no different than Celebrity idolization. It's probably better because at least that person is known for something you are capable of achieving. I feel like unless you've actually met this person, or seen this person interacting with someone, you shouldn't judge their character. Someone known for crazy tumbling, or performance skills, should be praised. The Kelsey's and Whitney's of the world should be recognized, they have skills that few in the world have. That's amazing! Cheerlebrities aren't bad, but the obsession and reading into other things about them are the problem. Focus on their talent, and let people like who they like.

I love all the Shooting Stars and F5ers, they are so talented, but aren't always in the spotlight or anything. They seem to live normal lives outside of cheer. And Kiara Nowlin because she's all around amazing, with tumbling and stunting, preforming.

Back