OT Favorite Make-Up

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Face Primer: MAC Prep + Prime
Concealer: MAC Studio Finish the color changes throughout the year.
Setting Powder for concealer: Make Up Forever HD Powder
Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Powder in N4 in the winter, NC40 in the summer
Eyelid Primer: Urban Decay
Eyeshadow: currently just putting Urban Decay Toasted lightly in the crease
Bronzer: MAC Happy Together mineralized blush (in the groove collection)
Blush: MAC Pink Swoon or NARS Orgasm
Eyeliner: Urban Decay Zero (sometimes use one of their other liners to add color)
Mascara: Bad Gal Lash or Aqua Smoky Lash
Lips: MAC Tendertone in Take a Hint, one of my many EOS Lipbalms, or MAC Lipstick in Angel

Has anyone used the Jemma Kidd Eye Shadow? I saw it at Target today and was wondering if it was worth the $16 a piece. Here's a link: JK Eyeshadow They have all the different colors at the bottom of the page.

I love Benefit! Lol. Seriously Erase Paste saves my life/face everyday. They have a lot of useful stuff for "corrections". Definitely recommend Benefit.

I don't think I've tried enough foundations to really say what's "best", but I will say I have NARS Sheer Glow and I love it. A bit pricey, though. If you are interested, though, Sheer Glow is best for skin more on the dry side, while the Sheer Matte formula is better for oily skin. If you have normal skin, Sheer Glow would probably work best.

I personally much prefer MAC and Make Up For Ever shadows to Urban Decay. MAC and UD shadows contain the same amount in 1 pan, but MAC is $14.50 a shadow (or $11 if you get a pan) while UD is $17. You get a better deal in terms of price per ounce if you buy MUFE shadows compared to MAC/UD, but at $19 a shadow, it's not too practical to start buying those if you want a lot of shades. I'd recommend MAC for that.

For lip products, again, MAC is the way to go. Good price, good product, huge color selection. I'm not crazy about their lip glosses (lipglass) 'cause they're pretty sticky, but they're alright. Smashbox also makes awesome lip glosses that aren't as sticky. If you ever wanna splurge, though, the YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks are awesome.

For cheeks (bronzer and blush), I like NARS the best. It is a bit expensive, but the blushes are super pigmented so you only need to use a tiny, tiny bit at a time. With that, you will go through product very, very slowly and probably end up spending less in the long run. NARS Laguna is a cult favorite. It's a pretty flattering shade for most skin types and it's in a HUGE pan.

I've never tried the Benefit boxed powders, but I've swatched them a few times and the color and pigmentation seems really nice. I've also swatched the Tarina Tarantino blushes (which are a dollar less than NARS blushes) and they're SUPER soft and silky. I'm sure they're nice as well.

Urban Decay and MUFE pencil liners are the best, IMO. They are the same price for the same size product, so it all depends which brand has colors you prefer. I tend to buy more MUFE than UD, but that's just 'cause I gravitate toward the MUFE section more in Sephora than the UD section lol.

For mascaras, I've had the most success with higher end brands, but I'm not gonna recommend any of them b/c I think they are ridiculously priced.

** ETA: WOW that is a long post lol
Hey!!! I'd love to send you some free makeup to review...or just have! lol We are the only sweat-resistant cosmetics line in the world. We actually produce at the same factory as some of your previously listed favorite brands. Plus, our price point is perfect for teenagers, without sacrificing quality! Checkout our online store and let me know what you'd like to see... PM me or email me on the site(if you click meet the faces behind Fancy...)

Hey!!! I'd love to send you some free makeup to review...or just have! lol We are the only sweat-resistant cosmetics line in the world. We actually produce at the same factory as some of your previously listed favorite brands. Plus, our price point is perfect for teenagers, without sacrificing quality! Checkout our online store and let me know what you'd like to see... PM me or email me on the site(if you click meet the faces behind Fancy...)

I never even saw this post! Lol I will check out your site for sure.

I totally forgot I had started this blog but am definitely going to actually get it running!

http://dramateyes.blogspot.com/

I'm going to do reviews, FOTD's, "versus", and all that good stuff. If y'all wanna start commenting and letting me know if there's anything you'd like to see, that'd be awesome! I'm only going to advertise this blog here for now until I get into the groove of things. Then I'll post it on Specktra, LJ, yada yada yada.

I'm going to do a "My 2010 Faves" post this week (should be fun!) and a make-up collection and storage video. Y'all can check out the video when it's up to see if there are any products I have that you'd like me to review and that should get the ball rolling.

Super excited to get this started and I hope some of you guys are interested!

Love Fancy Face Cosmetics <3

I totally forgot I had started this blog but am definitely going to actually get it running!

http://dramateyes.blogspot.com/

I'm going to do reviews, FOTD's, "versus", and all that good stuff. If y'all wanna start commenting and letting me know if there's anything you'd like to see, that'd be awesome! I'm only going to advertise this blog here for now until I get into the groove of things. Then I'll post it on Specktra, LJ, yada yada yada.

I'm going to do a "My 2010 Faves" post this week (should be fun!) and a make-up collection and storage video. Y'all can check out the video when it's up to see if there are any products I have that you'd like me to review and that should get the ball rolling.

Super excited to get this started and I hope some of you guys are interested!

So we were talking about blogspots earlier today...way to not tell me you have one?! Crazy girl..this is awesome! I definitely want to try the clinique clarifying lotion! I've never used any actual clinique make-up before, but my make-up remover is Clinique and I love it! Can't wait to hang out this summer and we can play with make-up!!

Just picked up the Too Faced Romantic Eyes palette and love love love it. It is the only one in that little series that I own because it is a bit different then the other. For a while it was like all the palettes looked so much a like. Glad I picked it up.

Also the Stila blush that is out now, I picked it up, but I was wondering is it limited edition for Valentines Day? It is a bunch of hearts in shades of pink and then some gold on some of the hearts. Anyway it is so so pretty so I suggest that if you can find it at your Sephora, Ulta, or wherever you buy your Stila products. *forgot to add but it is called "Make Me Blush"

Bringing this thread back up!

I swear by the too faced chocolate soleil bronzer. it's matte and it looks really natural. i get asked if I tan or if it's my natural color all the time- and i haven't been to the tanning bed since last winter. (i mean that in a good way. it's not orange. it's literally tan.)

I also love the tarte mascara that looks like the container it's in is wooden... i'm not 100% sure what it's called but it looks awesome and isn't clumpy.

also-does anyone have the new naked basics palate? is it worth it if you already have Naked 1 and naked 2?

I love Mac fluidline in dipdown, wedge and coquette eye shadows, teddy eye kohl pencil, Viva Glam V lipstick and Benefit bad gal brown for every day makeup. I also wear an Olay moisturizer/sunscreen every day because I have really dry skin. For going out or special occasion makeup my favorites have to be Mac Rubywoo lipstick, Benefit High Beam highlighter, Bare Minerals round the clock eyeliner in 3 pm, and Mac eyeshadows in woodwinked and greensmoke.

Has anybody tried any of the drugstore BB creams/tinted moisturizers? I had a sample of the Loreal one from ulta and liked it, but haven't been able to find the lightest shade in any stores. I'd love to splurge for the Dr Jart one, but can't exactly do that on a college budget.

Back