OT Favorite Make-Up

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I HATE how this thread died down ): I loved reading everyone's reviews.
Now, I actually have some money saved up from working so I can finally invest in some products.
Can anyone give me some recommendations for a starter kit?
Besides drugstore stuff, I only have the Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette and one of those Sephora mascara samplers
Also some organization tips!

I HATE how this thread died down ): I loved reading everyone's reviews.
Now, I actually have some money saved up from working so I can finally invest in some products.
Can anyone give me some recommendations for a starter kit?
Besides drugstore stuff, I only have the Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette and one of those Sephora mascara samplers
Also some organization tips!

I think I'm gonna post an organization video this week. I already filmed it the other day but it was too dark so I'm gonna try again lol.

For your "starter kit", what brands/price range are you open to? And what types of products are you looking for?

On that note...here are my now current faves.

Foundation: NARS Sheer Glow <3
Concealer: Benefit Erase Paste
Mascara: YSL Faux Cils
Eyeliner: Any of the MAC Fluidlines...I almost never use pencil liner anymore cause the staying power of these is so much better. My favorite is Dipdown or Lithograph.
Shadow: Lately, MAC All That Glitters on lid, Satin Taupe in outer corner and Mulch or Sable in crease. Very boring.
Lip Product: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. Saving my lips this season. For any color though, MAC Syrup lipstick.
Blush: Rock & Republic Spank
Bronzer: Guerlain Blondes. Just enough color for the winter.

Oh, and not really a makeup item, but Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 lotion is soooo good for winter. It's very very hydrating and makes your skin so smooth. I have really dry skin and for me, this is by far the best lotion.

I think I'm gonna post an organization video this week. I already filmed it the other day but it was too dark so I'm gonna try again lol.

For your "starter kit", what brands/price range are you open to? And what types of products are you looking for?

Not too too outrageous but if it's worth the money, I'll get it. Like the Benefit boxed powders seem extremely expensive for the amount they give you.
I'm open to really any brands. I've been looking a lot at Urban Decay, Benefit, Too Faced, and Stila though. I'm going to look up MAC counters near me too.. I know there isn't a store anywhere close.

Not too too outrageous but if it's worth the money, I'll get it. Like the Benefit boxed powders seem extremely expensive for the amount they give you.
I'm open to really any brands. I've been looking a lot at Urban Decay, Benefit, Too Faced, and Stila though. I'm going to look up MAC counters near me too.. I know there isn't a store anywhere close.

I love Benefit! Lol. Seriously Erase Paste saves my life/face everyday. They have a lot of useful stuff for "corrections". Definitely recommend Benefit.

I don't think I've tried enough foundations to really say what's "best", but I will say I have NARS Sheer Glow and I love it. A bit pricey, though. If you are interested, though, Sheer Glow is best for skin more on the dry side, while the Sheer Matte formula is better for oily skin. If you have normal skin, Sheer Glow would probably work best.

I personally much prefer MAC and Make Up For Ever shadows to Urban Decay. MAC and UD shadows contain the same amount in 1 pan, but MAC is $14.50 a shadow (or $11 if you get a pan) while UD is $17. You get a better deal in terms of price per ounce if you buy MUFE shadows compared to MAC/UD, but at $19 a shadow, it's not too practical to start buying those if you want a lot of shades. I'd recommend MAC for that.

For lip products, again, MAC is the way to go. Good price, good product, huge color selection. I'm not crazy about their lip glosses (lipglass) 'cause they're pretty sticky, but they're alright. Smashbox also makes awesome lip glosses that aren't as sticky. If you ever wanna splurge, though, the YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks are awesome.

For cheeks (bronzer and blush), I like NARS the best. It is a bit expensive, but the blushes are super pigmented so you only need to use a tiny, tiny bit at a time. With that, you will go through product very, very slowly and probably end up spending less in the long run. NARS Laguna is a cult favorite. It's a pretty flattering shade for most skin types and it's in a HUGE pan.

I've never tried the Benefit boxed powders, but I've swatched them a few times and the color and pigmentation seems really nice. I've also swatched the Tarina Tarantino blushes (which are a dollar less than NARS blushes) and they're SUPER soft and silky. I'm sure they're nice as well.

Urban Decay and MUFE pencil liners are the best, IMO. They are the same price for the same size product, so it all depends which brand has colors you prefer. I tend to buy more MUFE than UD, but that's just 'cause I gravitate toward the MUFE section more in Sephora than the UD section lol.

For mascaras, I've had the most success with higher end brands, but I'm not gonna recommend any of them b/c I think they are ridiculously priced.

** ETA: WOW that is a long post lol

In response to the post above instead of quoting the entire thing(;

I've seriously never considered MUFE because it always seemed so expensive and the only person on youtube I've seen use it is Meganheartsmakeup. I'll definitely look at some products though.

I don't know how I feel about foundations though. I have such oily, acne prone skin that by halfway through the day it's off my face. My eyelids are really oily too. What would you use for a primer? I can't even use a crease color in my CS palette because they crease so easily on my eyes. I'll probably just go for the UD Primer Potion.

I think I've got more than enough mascaras to last me with this Sephora Sampler. Benefit Bad Gal, MUFE Smoky Lash, Smashbox Bionic, Tarte multiplEYE, Bare Essentials Buxom Lash, Cargo Lash Activator.. yeah I'm good (;

I've really been liking the Loreal Hip gel liner lately but it's drying out, is there anything similar/better I can find?

I've seriously never considered MUFE because it always seemed so expensive and the only person on youtube I've seen use it is Meganheartsmakeup. I'll definitely look at some products though.

I don't know how I feel about foundations though. I have such oily, acne prone skin that by halfway through the day it's off my face. My eyelids are really oily too. What would you use for a primer? I can't even use a crease color in my CS palette because they crease so easily on my eyes. I'll probably just go for the UD Primer Potion.

I think I've got more than enough mascaras to last me with this Sephora Sampler. Benefit Bad Gal, MUFE Smoky Lash, Smashbox Bionic, Tarte multiplEYE, Bare Essentials Buxom Lash, Cargo Lash Activator.. yeah I'm good (;

I've really been liking the Loreal Hip gel liner lately but it's drying out, is there anything similar/better I can find?

One of my friends uses these wipes at school that make her face less oily. She keeps them in her backpack and uses them whenever she needs. Best part is, it doesn't smudge off her make up or anything! Not quite sure on what brand they are, but it comes in a blue cardboard-ish package. They might be Clean and Clear... but idk!

I have really dry skin, so I don't really have any suggestions for foundations for oily skin. Check out JLovesMac1's YouTube channel...she's said she has really oily skin so she probably has some recommendations in her videos.

My favorite primer is Stay Don't Stray from Benefit, but again, my skins dry, so what works for me may not work for you.

MUFE makes realllllly awesome products. They are of incredible quality and you get a ton of product for what you're paying. Plus they have an awesome color spectrum for pretty much all their products. I've always heard great things about their Mat+ Foundation...maybe check it out?

For gel liners, I recommend MAC Fluidlines. They have amazing staying power and a pot lasts forever! MUFE Aqua Creams also double as gel liners if you want, as well, so there's another product to check out.

In reference to cheerislove8's post (don't feel like double quoting lol), they're called blotting sheets/papers :) Tons of brands make 'em. She's right in that Clean & Clear makes them in blue packaging. Boscia also makes blotting papers that are supposedly great! They run about the same price as Clean & Clear (and right now, they're selling a Peppermint formula for $5 for 100 sheets, which is much cheaper than C&C. Regular formula is the same price as C&C). You can find them here:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61217&categoryId=B70

Also, perhaps check out the Urban Decay DeSlick products. Again, not something I've tried, but I've only heard good things!

http://www.sephora.com/search/searc...k&x=0&y=0&_DARGS=/includes/searchFinder.jhtml

I'm loving the Falsies mascara. Literally at least 5 compliments on my eyelashes every time I wear it! And I'm in love with my Urban Decay <3's NYC palette.

I have a coupon for the Falsies mascara, glad to hear good news on it! I'm going to try it out!

I basically am in love with Bare Minerals, I've been using their foundation for 4 years now and I love it! They came out with a new shade in "Fairly Medium" and because I get the matte, it literally is my skin color! Also if you check out QVC they ALWAYS have deals on make-up kits! I just ordered one yesterday. They have other make-up brands too like Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Smashbox, etc.

My favorite gel liner is Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof, it's amazing!!

ALSO! I found a new beauty guru on youtube that I love, she's my all time favorite! Her looks are sooo cool! Her youtube name is: "xsparkage" you guys should all go check her out :) http://www.youtube.com/user/xsparkage

I have a coupon for the Falsies mascara, glad to hear good news on it! I'm going to try it out!

I basically am in love with Bare Minerals, I've been using their foundation for 4 years now and I love it! They came out with a new shade in "Fairly Medium" and because I get the matte, it literally is my skin color! Also if you check out QVC they ALWAYS have deals on make-up kits! I just ordered one yesterday. They have other make-up brands too like Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Smashbox, etc.

My favorite gel liner is Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof, it's amazing!!

ALSO! I found a new beauty guru on youtube that I love, she's my all time favorite! Her looks are sooo cool! Her youtube name is: "xsparkage" you guys should all go check her out :) http://www.youtube.com/user/xsparkage

I LOVE xsparkage's tutorials!

I went to CVS today and I like cried because they have the NYX jumbo eye pencils. I don't have an ulta anywhere near me so I never thought I could get them in stores. They help SO much with pigmentation of shadows

I'll weigh in on this tooo! I've missed this thread :)

MY current favorites!

Foundation: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (not a full coverage by any means, but it's perfect for dry skin that just needs a little evening out... Kind of expensive, but so worth it! It makes my skin feel amazingly soft!)

Concealer: MAC Studio Sculpt concealer

Mascara: CoverGirl LashBlast (a must have for anyone on a budget imo!)

Eyeliner: Have to agree with Hannah on this, I loveeeee fluidlines. Blacktrack is a basic must have.

Shadow: Also agreeing with Hannah! MAC shadows are the best. I wear All That Glitters almost everyday! Lately, my favorite shadow has been Sketch, A plummy color that goes on more neutral than purple. Also for starters, I recommend the Too Faced eyeshadow kits... They come with 9 shadows, 3 full sized and 6 which are about half the size. I use my Too faced Neutral Eye kit almost everyday! They come with alot of different finishes and even little cards that show you how to apply them if you are really new to makeup :)

Lip Product: I've been using my EOS Lip Balm everyday. Super hydrating, tastes great and fun to use! Gloss: Any MAC Dazzleglass, so pretty but a little sticky. I don't mind it though. Lipstick: Urban Decay Naked is a perfect neutral pink and MAC Sweetie is a lovely brighter pink if you want a little color.

Bronzer: MAC Sunny By Nature MSF. (Or any Mineralize SkinFinish for that matter, I've had mine for over a year and i still haven't come close to hitting the pan... these last FOREVERRR)

I'll weigh in on this tooo! I've missed this thread :)

MY current favorites!

Foundation: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (not a full coverage by any means, but it's perfect for dry skin that just needs a little evening out... Kind of expensive, but so worth it! It makes my skin feel amazingly soft!)

Concealer: MAC Studio Sculpt concealer

Mascara: CoverGirl LashBlast (a must have for anyone on a budget imo!)

Eyeliner: Have to agree with Hannah on this, I loveeeee fluidlines. Blacktrack is a basic must have.

Shadow: Also agreeing with Hannah! MAC shadows are the best. I wear All That Glitters almost everyday! Lately, my favorite shadow has been Sketch, A plummy color that goes on more neutral than purple. Also for starters, I recommend the Too Faced eyeshadow kits... They come with 9 shadows, 3 full sized and 6 which are about half the size. I use my Too faced Neutral Eye kit almost everyday! They come with alot of different finishes and even little cards that show you how to apply them if you are really new to makeup :)

Lip Product: I've been using my EOS Lip Balm everyday. Super hydrating, tastes great and fun to use! Gloss: Any MAC Dazzleglass, so pretty but a little sticky. I don't mind it though. Lipstick: Urban Decay Naked is a perfect neutral pink and MAC Sweetie is a lovely brighter pink if you want a little color.

Bronzer: MAC Sunny By Nature MSF. (Or any Mineralize SkinFinish for that matter, I've had mine for over a year and i still haven't come close to hitting the pan... these last FOREVERRR)

MSF's...omg. LOVE THEM. My favorites are Light Flush and By Candelight. I use Comfort as a bronzer with a reallllllllllly really light hand.

Back