OT Favorite Movies - Top Ten List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

flcheermom

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
I love watching "sleeper" type movies that are not always mainstream hits. Sometimes, they become hits. I also do love mainstream movies - I enjoy all types of genres. What are your favorite sleeper movies, and mainstream movies? I am always looking for new/old movies to watch. Top Ten List.

1. Gone With the Wind
2. Slingblade
3. To Kill a Mockingird
4. The Wizard of Oz
5. Steel Magnolias
6. Beaches
7. Napoleon Dynamite
8. The Breakfast Club
9. Little Miss Sunshine
10. Best in Show/Titanic

I love watching "sleeper" type movies that are not always mainstream hits. Sometimes, they become hits. I also do love mainstream movies - I enjoy all types of genres. What are your favorite sleeper movies, and mainstream movies? I am always looking for new/old movies to watch. Top Ten List.

1. Gone With the Wind
2. Slingblade
3. To Kill a Mockingird
4. The Wizard of Oz
5. Steel Magnolias
6. Beaches
7. Napoleon Dynamite
8. The Breakfast Club
9. Little Miss Sunshine
10. Best in Show/Titanic

Little Miss Sunshine is great. Have you seen Our Idiot Brother? I believe it's by the same people who did Little Miss Sunshine. Also along the lines of indie-ish, cutesy movies, I recommend Short Term 12. It's on Netflix. It's not amazing or anywhere near one of my favorites but it's worth a watch.

Little Miss Sunshine is great. Have you seen Our Idiot Brother? I believe it's by the same people who did Little Miss Sunshine. Also along the lines of indie-ish, cutesy movies, I recommend Short Term 12. It's on Netflix. It's not amazing or anywhere near one of my favorites but it's worth a watch.
No, I haven't seen that one. There are a few on netflix I want to check out that I have never heard of. I will definitely have to check it out. I always try to pick movies with 4 stars on netflix or I think they will be bad.

1. The Thomas Crown Affair (remake)
2. Can't Buy me Love
3. Emerald Forest
4. beaches
5. Born in East L.A.
6. Pretty in Pink
7. Troop Beverly Hills
8. Moulin Rouge
9. Clan of the Cave bear
10. Gothika

I have more than ten

1. The Thomas Crown Affair (remake)
2. Can't Buy me Love
3. Emerald Forest
4. beaches
5. Born in East L.A.
6. Pretty in Pink
7. Troop Beverly Hills
8. Moulin Rouge
9. Clan of the Cave bear
10. Gothika

I have more than ten
I have more than 10 also but I figured that was a good number - Pretty in pink is a favorite also.

I love "Best In Show." "Drop Dead Gorgeous" is an obscure one that if you like "Best In Show" you'll probably like too - it's a mocumentary like Best In Show, but instead about a small town teenage beauty pageant (great actors in it).

Little Miss Sunshine is great - I agree.

I like the movie "Election" a lot - it's a dark comedy w/ Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick that I think is just genious (even though it's got a lot of adult content for a movie set in a high school, so warning that it is not for kids).

Other favorites of mine are "Moneyball" (and I don't even like Baseball), and "Catch Me if You Can".

As far as old school movies go, I like "Wall Street" and "Trading Places".

"Quiz Show" is another great movie that I forgot before.

Last edited:
Some of my favorite movies

5. Cinderella (the version with Brandy and Whitney Houston)
Struggling to think of more at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You couldn't tell me that my version of "Impossible" wasn't the best thing ever.

Rip Nippy.

I love "Best In Show." "Drop Dead Gorgeous" is an obscure one that if you like "Best In Show" you'll probably like too - it's a mocumentary like Best In Show, but instead about a small town teenage beauty pageant (great actors in it).

Little Miss Sunshine is great - I agree.

I like the movie "Election" a lot - it's a dark comedy w/ Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick that I think is just genious (even though it's got a lot of adult content for a movie set in a high school, so warning that it is not for kids).

Other favorites of mine are "Moneyball" (and I don't even like Baseball), and "Catch Me if You Can".

As far as old school movies go, I like "Wall Street" and "Trading Places".

"Quiz Show" is another great movie that I forgot before.
Election sounds vaguely familiar - is it about a boy and girl running against each other in some kind of hs election? I feel like I have seen it a long time ago. The beauty pageant one sounds good - I love movies like that. I just remembered an old one - a dark comedy -Heathers- I used to love. I really like quirky movies lol. I just re-watched slingblade and it got me thinking about different kinds of movies like that.

Election sounds vaguely familiar - is it about a boy and girl running against each other in some kind of hs election? I feel like I have seen it a long time ago. The beauty pageant one sounds good - I love movies like that. I just remembered an old one - a dark comedy -Heathers- I used to love. I really like quirky movies lol. I just re-watched slingblade and it got me thinking about different kinds of movies like that.

Yeah that's Election. Reese Witherspoon is a nerdy overachiever who runs against Chris Klien. It's really good - funny, but makes you think. I knew people exactly like all those characters in my high school - to me it rings a lot more real life than Breakfast Club ever did (but that's a good movie too).

Yeah - Heathers is really good. It was like a very dark/more violent version of "Mean Girls" set in the 80's ;).

Speaking of Winona Ryder, "Girl Interrupted" is good too.

Yeah that's Election. Reese Witherspoon is a nerdy overachiever who runs against Chris Klien. It's really good - funny, but makes you think. I knew people exactly like all those characters in my high school - to me it rings a lot more real life than Breakfast Club ever did (but that's a good movie too).

Yeah - Heathers is really good. It was like a very dark/more violent version of "Mean Girls" set in the 80's ;).

Speaking of Winona Ryder, "Girl Interrupted" is good too.
Ok - I have seen election I remember parts of it. Yes Heathers is like a dark mean girls - it was such a dark comedy, I must have watched it a dozen times back in the day!

Some of my favorite movies
1. All Harry Potter movies
2. Step Up (only the first one)
3. She's the Man
4. The Time Traveler's Wife
5. Cinderella (the version with Brandy and Whitney Houston)
Struggling to think of more at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yessss Roger & Hammersteins! I remember they had like a tv event showing it and we recorded it on VHS. I watched that tape everyday until it wore out.

Back