OT Favorite Movies - Top Ten List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think one of my friends recommended it to me but I forgot about it, I'll have to check it out! I'm a psychology major and I just try to absorb everything psych related that I can haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same! Except for the major part. If I didn't do graphic design as a major, I would've done psych. Sometimes I regret not picking that. I love everything about it but I don't think I could make a career out of it. So I guess it'll be something I learn about for fun on my own.

Same! Except for the major part. If I didn't do graphic design as a major, I would've done psych. Sometimes I regret not picking that. I love everything about it but I don't think I could make a career out of it. So I guess it'll be something I learn about for fun on my own.

Our professors are incredible, and just really awesome people. The gen psych professor is why I changed my major from English to Psych. And provided I get into grad school (and I should but I have a year before I can start applying), I want to get my masters in Counseling Psychology.

Anybody have any good movies about mental illnesses? I know of (and really enjoy) A Beautiful Mind but I need one to diagnose characters for my Abnormal Psych class.

Memento is awesome. Touches on whether memory is a reflection of reality and how memory affects personal identity.
Brothers has an all star cast - Tobey McGuire, Natalie Portman, Jake Gyllenhaal - focuses on PTSD

Some of my personal favorites (already mentioned) - Girl Interrupted, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and Silver Linings Playbook

Not in any specific order but:

The Nightmare Before Christmas
Tommy Boy
The Dictator
White Chicks
Soul Plane
World War Z
School of Rock
Mean Girls
The Benchwarmers
Forrest Gump

1. Fight Club
2. Tae Guk gi (the brotherhood of war)
3. Mulan
4. End of Evangelion
5. Flight
6. Road to perdition
7. All quiet on the western front
8. The three cabelleros

1. Soldier's Story - I first fell in love with Denzel Washington and cheated with Howard Rollins

2. Lady Sings the Blues - powerful acting by Diana Ross and I learned more about Billie Holliday

3. Bingo Long Travelling Allstars and Motor Kings - Learned about the Negro Baseball League...

4. 12 years a Slave

5. Life - The Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence are too funny in this movie...

6. Sound of Music
7. The King and I - the Yul Brenner's version... I love how the children believed that Siam was so huge on the map of the world, when in fact, it was a little speck...

8. Shawshank Redemption- Fell in love with Morgan Freeman

9. To Kill a Mockingbird - Love some Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch
10. Django
11. Forrest Gump

Last edited:
tried to watch jake gyllenhaal 'nightcrawler' last night, me and my bf couldnt even finish it. it was a lot more drawn out and boring then the trailer made it seem. kinda disappointed.

however i am looking forward to magic mike part 2 just saw the trailer for that. :enjoyshow:

Top Ten Movies (please no judging lol)

1. Fifth Element (I'm totally serious)
2. Singing in the Rain (Gene Kelly stole my heart)
3. Silver Linings Playbook
4. Lincoln (Yep proud to be a history dork)
5. Glory (read above lol)
6. American Beauty
7. Aladdin (Yep love me some Disney)
8. Dead Poet's Society
9. 12 Years a slave (read # 4 & 5 lol)
10. Dark Knight (Batman - Heath Ledger was ultimate in this)

I will say I left a lot out... I would have done a list by genre and each genre had the top ten... I would have like 50 movies listed lol

tried to watch jake gyllenhaal 'nightcrawler' last night, me and my bf couldnt even finish it. it was a lot more drawn out and boring then the trailer made it seem. kinda disappointed.

however i am looking forward to magic mike part 2 just saw the trailer for that. :enjoyshow:

I thought it was decent. The first half was wayyyy better than the second. I agree, it felt drawn out.

6. American Beauty
8. Dead Poet's Society

I will say I left a lot out... I would have done a list by genre and each genre had the top ten... I would have like 50 movies listed lol
YES. I love the fifth element, still one of my favorite movies. I was actually leeloo one year for Halloween, everyone loved it.

6. American Beauty
8. Dead Poet's Society

Yes, you just help me with 2 choices and I am a history buff too. I like a lot of your choices and I forgot how much I enjoy American Beauty and Kevin Spacey...
Added to my list
9. 12 years a Slave
10. Django

This is tough to pick. Top 10 for me that I can think of right now, not in any order.

1. 10 Things I Hate About You
2. Yours Mine & Ours (original one with Lucille Ball)
3. Harry Potter Series
4. Center Stage
5. Horrible Bosses 2
6. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
7. What a Girl Wants
8. She's the Man
9. Dante's Peak
10. The Sweetest Thing
10a. Blue Crush
10b. Parent Trap
10c. Easy A
10d. Runaway Jury

Christmas Movies - Elf, All I Want for Christmas,
Disney movies - Frozen, Tangled, Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid, Marry Poppins

Least favorite movie ever - Fox & The Hound... WTH Disney???

Last edited:
Back