OT Favorite Movies - Top Ten List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The Outsiders is such a fantastic movie.

Also I really liked the movie 13. My friends and I watched it for the first time when we were 13 and I remember being so shocked at all the stuff they were doing.

Here are some of mine, but in no particular order:

Harry Potter Movies
Mean Girls
She's The Man
Pride and Prejudice
The Bourne Series
The Parent Trap
Almost All Disney Movies
Shutter Island
We're The Millers
Zero Dark Thirty

In no order:

Black Swan
Made of Honor
Pitch Perfect
You Don't Mess With the Zohan
Remember the Titans
The Great Gatsby
South Park: Bigger Longer Uncut
The Expendables movies
The Blind Side
Easy A

(This list is a little off the wall)

Anybody have any good movies about mental illnesses? I know of (and really enjoy) A Beautiful Mind but I need one to diagnose characters for my Abnormal Psych class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shutter Island. What Lies Beneath. Sleeping with the Enemy. Flowers in the Attic. The Stepfather. Psycho. The Virgin Suicides.
Misery. The Bad Seed. The Good Son. Fight Club. Black Swan. One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest. The Burning Bed. The silence of the Lambs. The Hand that Rocks the Cradle. Natural Born Killers. Mommie Dearest. Fatal Attraction.

Anybody have any good movies about mental illnesses? I know of (and really enjoy) A Beautiful Mind but I need one to diagnose characters for my Abnormal Psych class.

Girl, Interupted
Short Term 12 (it's not fully about mental illness but it features it)
Bennie and Joon
There's a scary/suspense movie where multiple personalities are involved. It's not Hide and Seek, but that is another one. I'll ask my friend what it is. It's really interesting. The ending is cool. ETA: it's called Identity. Totally recommend it even if it's not for your project.
Running From Crazy (I think that's what it's called, it's a documentary).

ETA: I did an assignment like this for extra credit in my psych 100 class. I used an episode from American Horror Story: Asylum. There's a TON of stuff to use in that show for a project like that.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! @HeresAThought, @Eyes On The Prize, and @NJ Coach! I'll try to watch them all even if not for my assignment because I geek out over psychology and mental illnesses.

There's a neat documentary on Netflix called "The Dark Matter of Love" that's really interesting if you're into psych stuff. It's about children who are adopted into families that have been raised in institutional settings (like foster care or orphanages) and their abilities to attach to the parents/family and feel like apart of the family. I liked it a lot!

There's a neat documentary on Netflix called "The Dark Matter of Love" that's really interesting if you're into psych stuff. It's about children who are adopted into families that have been raised in institutional settings (like foster care or orphanages) and their abilities to attach to the parents/family and feel like apart of the family. I liked it a lot!

I think one of my friends recommended it to me but I forgot about it, I'll have to check it out! I'm a psychology major and I just try to absorb everything psych related that I can haha.

Back