All-Star Fierce Bow II

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I will be making fierce bows again this year. I am looking for ideas for a fairer way to distribute them. Please remember that I do not make any profit from these whatsoever. These are not for sale and please understand that I cannot ship them to people because the time and money involved.

Last year - I had a whole team's parents show up in indy and take the bulk of what I brought to that comp. Evidently - someone told their team I was giving out free bows and when to show up. Lots of fierce board members did not get bows at that comp because of this.

These bows are simply a way for us to spot each other at comps and meet. I had a lot of fun making and giving them out last year and look forward to meeting lots more fierce boarders this year.

I know I will be at WSF, Jamfest Supernationals, Cheersport, Dallas. and Worlds this year. My goal is to make and distribute around 700 to 1000 bows this year. Last year there were 400 bows.

The bows will be flourescent orange this year.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have!

Darla

you could tell people where you are going to be at a certain time at each location and then who ever has an account can get one?

yeah maybe like a checklist? if you want one at an event put your username down for pickup at that event or something...that way any ol cheer fan can't just walk up and take them. Just an idea

^well that way someone could just be like oh my username is "forevercheer24" or just make something random up.

but i like cheerforeverever's idea.:)

Lol well I would have to say a checklist is the best idea
like make a list of the usernames of the people that want one
and then as they come to get them, just ask for their username
im assuming thats how it would work correct?

i think a checklist would be the best way. everyone on here who wants one can send you a pm so it's private. they could tell you which comp they will be at. and then you could give everyone at that comp a certain meeting place and time to pick up the bow at which point they will tell you their username.

i think a checklist would be the best way. everyone on here who wants one can send you a pm so it's private. they could tell you which comp they will be at. and then you could give everyone at that comp a certain meeting place and time to pick up the bow at which point they will tell you their username.

That would be quite an intelligent solution

The only problem with the time thing is, depending on the person (say they are a crossover), it may not work out very well. We all know scheduling doesn’t always go as planned at competitions, no matter how small the competition is or how well it’s ran. I know at some comps, when I crossed over, I had to miss award ceremonies for one team to go warm up with another. So, scheduling a time and place to meet up with someone to get a bow might be difficult. Another solution is you could set up a code word system. If someone wants a bow, they PM you and say “Hey! I’ll be attending (insert competition name here) and I would LOVE to get one of those fabulous FierceBows that you so generously make and give out.” Then you PM them back and tell them the code word for that competition. When the time of the competition comes around they will have to tell you their username and the code word and then you give them a bow. This does a few things for you. First off, it controls who gets a bow and who doesn’t. Secondly, you find out who is a TRUE fierceboarder and who just wants a bow. Thirdly, you get a sense of how many people at the competition will want a bow, so you can make sure you have enough for everyone. You may also might want to set up a list of rules per se, and PM them to everyone who wants a bow. Nothing to serious, just like “One per person.” “Don’t tell anyone else the code word.” Etc. Just so you don’t get taken advantage of, like the situation you stated earlier. You could make a checklist with all the people who Pm'ed you as well, just for extra "security".

I think it's a wonderful thing you are doing and would LOVE to get one this year. I saw them last year and was so sad I was never able to attend the competitions you were at and not get one. There were girls on the higher level teams who went to the big comps at my gym who had them and I wanted one so bad. I'll have to try and make it to one of the comps this year (hopefully Worlds or Cheersport, I've never been to either) and get a bow. They are so cute! :)

I thought about the code word, but then I thought that would just get passed around and loads of people who aren't on the board would try and get one.
Here's what I'm thinking: If people are going to be at the comp and want to get a bow, they have to PM you on here...then you reply to their PM with the info and they have to PRINT that PM and bring it to the meet up. You bring a list of the usernames who are coming to pick up, and when they present their printed PM (ticket) you TAKE the print out (so it can't be re-used) and cross their username off your master list.

I think it's super generous of you to do this! I make bows for a few local school teams and I know how much time it takes, especially if you're in school and have homework to do!

maybe give it just to cheerleaders in uniform? however you decide to do it though, i would LOVE to get one!! :)

OMG so many good ideas. I like the idea of printing out a pm that is sent to them - It might make it easy for everyone - then they can have a friend or parent pick it up at the designated times. I will probably need some help if anyone is willing to help with the pm's because I know the inbox's will fill up fast. When should We start the planning process - A month out from each competition or less?

Back