Fierce Mini teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Will any of these mini 3's be at NCA Nationals??? We would love to have some teams to compete against!!!!
smile.png

KC Cheer mini 2 is pretty good...however they only compete locally. They aren't super strong in the stunting area but all have awesome tumbling. A lot of the girls have specialty passes to tucks or layouts. Two of the girls are working fulls. Awesome considering that hardly any of the girls could tumble when they came on the team

kik22 your cp is gorgeous. we are new to UA and have started tumbling from another gym in Lake Villa. I read a post the other day about some of the mini's on your team. I have to admitt I do share the same concern as the one mom about the little girls in the gym especially since my cp will be trying out next year at UA. My other concern is the fact that it seemas you have made changes to the front line of the routine, I heard that you moved one girl from the front and put in another maybe dare I say it cuter/exotic looking cp? I do know that the new girl up front is one of the older ones and from what I heard best tumbler on the team. I heard the mom is at the gym everyday and makes her take all extra tumbling classes is very aggressive so her daughter can stand out. I hope you can clarify for me that the gym is not this way and this is truly just the mom pushing her cp? My cp is solid but I'm not sure at the age of 8 she compares to the brunette tumbler on your team.

kik22 your cp is gorgeous. we are new to UA and have started tumbling from another gym in Lake Villa. I read a post the other day about some of the mini's on your team. I have to admitt I do share the same concern as the one mom about the little girls in the gym especially since my cp will be trying out next year at UA. My other concern is the fact that it seemas you have made changes to the front line of the routine, I heard that you moved one girl from the front and put in another maybe dare I say it cuter/exotic looking cp? I do know that the new girl up front is one of the older ones and from what I heard best tumbler on the team. I heard the mom is at the gym everyday and makes her take all extra tumbling classes is very aggressive so her daughter can stand out. I hope you can clarify for me that the gym is not this way and this is truly just the mom pushing her cp? My cp is solid but I'm not sure at the age of 8 she compares to the brunette tumbler on your team.
I think your concern would be much more appropriate to share and discuss over a PM to kikid22 instead of talking about a child you don't know on a public forum. Click on her picture and click Start a Conversation.

I have no words, so I'll let Tyra do the talking.

tyrasee.gif

Oh, and this guy.

ohnoyoudidnt.gif

First of all, I am not the coach of this team and have made no changes to the routine nor have I moved anyone from the back to the front. I'm just a mom. Regardless, I do not think it is in any way appropriate to single out any young children on the team, positively or negatively, on a public forum.

If you have legitimate questions regarding UA and my personal experiences, I would be more than happy to answer you over PM. I have been very happy with the coaching and the decisions made as far as team placements at the gym. The little girl in question is not one of the older ones on the team, she is only 6 in fact, and is a talented little girl that is an asset to whatever team she is placed on next season. Ultimately, that is up to the coaches and her parents.

And, as this mom in question is a friend of mine, I can tell you that you couldn't be more off base as far as the way that she is with her kids. Yes, that's kids. She's in the gym 4 nights a week because she has a son on one of the other teams that practices on opposite nights. Maybe you should check your facts before you take them to a public message board and make assumptions.

Bee

Let me start by saying, that I have recieved so many text messages and phone calls today about your post that literally I am very touched by all the support the UA moms (shout out Kiki22) have just shown me...so to them "thank you" this is why I love UA. I usually don't participate in boards but there is a first time 4 evrythng. I will gladly answer your questions and concerns. First, my cp is only 6 and misses being a tiny by a week...yes a week. I am at the gym bc my son is on a different team and has practices on opposite days. I do not force my cp to practice like crazy, she just had her first tumble class yesterday, in over 6 weeks. I agree with you my cp is good, but that has nothing to do with me...whatsoever! that is all do to UA!. My daughter could barely do a cartwheel over a year ago, and now she is cleaning up her flip flop...again...that is all UA and the coaches...not me! My cp lives and breathes this sport, and has a family with UA. Her mini team is adorable and they are ALL talented. The parents have no decision making or power over who goes up front or in back. I don't know what to expect next season at tryouts, that is all up to the coaches and I to discuss, but if you are insecure in your daughters talents, UA has great tumble classes and even offers private lessons to help your daughter with her skills. While you may pray that your daughter wins or places on a first place team, I pray that no one on my daughters mini team gets hurt. Craig El is big on safety and that is the number one priority for me and I value him for that. In the end I would like to welcome you to UA...I hope tryouts go well for you and your daughter.

Bee

Let me start by saying, that I have recieved so many text messages and phone calls today about your post that literally I am very touched by all the support the UA moms (shout out Kiki22) have just shown me...so to them "thank you" this is why I love UA. I usually don't participate in boards but there is a first time 4 evrythng. I will gladly answer your questions and concerns. First, my cp is only 6 and misses being a tiny by a week...yes a week. I am at the gym bc my son is on a different team and has practices on opposite days. I do not force my cp to practice like crazy, she just had her first tumble class yesterday, in over 6 weeks. I agree with you my cp is good, but that has nothing to do with me...whatsoever! that is all do to UA!. My daughter could barely do a cartwheel over a year ago, and now she is cleaning up her flip flop...again...that is all UA and the coaches...not me! My cp lives and breathes this sport, and has a family with UA. Her mini team is adorable and they are ALL talented. The parents have no decision making or power over who goes up front or in back. I don't know what to expect next season at tryouts, that is all up to the coaches and I to discuss, but if you are insecure in your daughters talents, UA has great tumble classes and even offers private lessons to help your daughter with her skills. While you may pray that your daughter wins or places on a first place team, I pray that no one on my daughters mini team gets hurt. Craig El is big on safety and that is the number one priority for me and I value him for that. In the end I would like to welcome you to UA...I hope tryouts go well for you and your daughter.

Love the screen name! Wonder where you got that... Hmmm. LOL!

apparently, I have upset a few of you especially the cp mom. I am so very sorry as that was not my intention. I only ask that you see it from my point for a moment before you judge. I am not stating that the mini cp is not talented, but from what was voiced to me at the gym the last few days was that it was apparent that this cp is always in the gym and that the mom may be overworking her. This you have clarified is not the case..so I am so sorry. There has been conversatino in the gym about this cp and some others, but my only concern was on how the ages vary so much on a mini team. some girls are very young and very talented and can go on a team with girls 2-3 yrs older with almost the same skill set but not maturity. I understand your cp has just turned 6 and the way her skill set is reaching may make the mini 2 team next year. My cp will probably be on the mini 2 team as well but will be 9 in november. I am already dealing with questions from her on why she would be on a mini 2 instead of a youth 2 or junior 2. at UA. I know the skills at UA are tougher but I would like my daughter to feel a sense of accomplishment and her being with a 6 yr old next season is a little demoralizing for her (it is just natural she feel this way). As for the placement during the routine, it was stated that your cp is usually upfront during the routines and is the center base for the pyrmaid and stunts and is the main tumbler, yes some did find this as favortism but we both know that weather true or not that is how some feel. I will plan to approach you at the gym this week so I can properly introduce myself as well as apoligize in person. I truly meant not disrespect.

Latest posts

Back