Fierce Mini teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

apparently, I have upset a few of you especially the cp mom. I am so very sorry as that was not my intention. I only ask that you see it from my point for a moment before you judge. I am not stating that the mini cp is not talented, but from what was voiced to me at the gym the last few days was that it was apparent that this cp is always in the gym and that the mom may be overworking her. This you have clarified is not the case..so I am so sorry. There has been conversatino in the gym about this cp and some others, but my only concern was on how the ages vary so much on a mini team. some girls are very young and very talented and can go on a team with girls 2-3 yrs older with almost the same skill set but not maturity. I understand your cp has just turned 6 and the way her skill set is reaching may make the mini 2 team next year. My cp will probably be on the mini 2 team as well but will be 9 in november. I am already dealing with questions from her on why she would be on a mini 2 instead of a youth 2 or junior 2. at UA. I know the skills at UA are tougher but I would like my daughter to feel a sense of accomplishment and her being with a 6 yr old next season is a little demoralizing for her (it is just natural she feel this way). As for the placement during the routine, it was stated that your cp is usually upfront during the routines and is the center base for the pyrmaid and stunts and is the main tumbler, yes some did find this as favortism but we both know that weather true or not that is how some feel. I will plan to approach you at the gym this week so I can properly introduce myself as well as apoligize in person. I truly meant not disrespect.
Senior Worlds teams have ages that range from 12-18. That's a huge maturity difference. I also think maturity should (if it isn't already) be a factor into determining whether an 8 year old makes a mini or youth team.

Beee

I look forward to our discussion this week. I do not hold any gruges but would ask that you spend some time with Craig and Michelle, you will see that they and the UA coaches are the reason the UA athletes are as good as they are. My son is very shy and did lack some self confidence in the beginning of the year. Now he is more outgoing and is so happy at UA.I really hope that UA can help with some of the insecurity issues your daughter is having, they have done a great job with my kids. I only ask one thing from you in the future, please chat with people directly instead of taking this route as it may cause some major gossip and unnessary chatter at the gym (please relay this message to your friends as this seems to be the forum you ladies want to take this last week). Regarding the routine, I cannot answer for the coaches as to why my daughter is placed where she is, but she just is, I'm not sure if the coaches are on this blog but I will let them answer or you can speak to them at the gym they are there everyday. As far as my daughter's looks being the reason for where she is placed....pleez that does not win championships. BUT...I will say the Mini MONARCHS of UA are FIERCE when it comes to looks. I love them all! With that said...I look foward to our talk.

Beee

I look forward to our discussion this week. I do not hold any gruges but would ask that you spend some time with Craig and Michelle, you will see that they and the UA coaches are the reason the UA athletes are as good as they are. My son is very shy and did lack some self confidence in the beginning of the year. Now he is more outgoing and is so happy at UA.I really hope that UA can help with some of the insecurity issues your daughter is having, they have done a great job with my kids. I only ask one thing from you in the future, please chat with people directly instead of taking this route as it may cause some major gossip and unnessary chatter at the gym (please relay this message to your friends as this seems to be the forum you ladies want to take this last week). Regarding the routine, I cannot answer for the coaches as to why my daughter is placed where she is, but she just is, I'm not sure if the coaches are on this blog but I will let them answer or you can speak to them at the gym they are there everyday. As far as my daughter's looks being the reason for where she is placed....pleez that does not win championships. BUT...I will say the Mini MONARCHS of UA are FIERCE when it comes to looks. I love them all! With that said...I look foward to our talk.

I just wanted to clear the air real quick. I am not sure who the 2 new people are posting about UA and the mini 1 or mini 2 teams but I felt it necessary to show my face. My daughter is the newest on the Mini 2 team and I am not the person who has posted these ridiculous comments nor had 1 bad thing to say about UA. I was with ICC for 3 years and never once made a negative comment even through the really bad time we just endured. Whoever is pretending to be me, stop because I am not your scapegoat. Anyone who knows me also knows that neither post was from me. I have been a member of the boards for years and let's not forget our IP address is logged every time we sign in so they know who you are and where your posting from.

As far as skills, if the kid has them then go ahead and put them wherever they need to be. We don't own the gym nor do we run the gym so if you have a concern take it to the top and stop pretending to be someone your not. Winning is a lot of fun, but having a strong friendship and happy set of girls on a team is most important. I can't even imagine what you are instilling on your children if you talk like this in front of them.

Stop using someone who is new to make a point. It's really unfair to me and my children because there are people who don't know the difference. You're hurting innocent children and I don't take kindly to that.

Kiki you rock! I love UA and I couldn't have felt more welcomed by the parents of Tiaras and those like Kiki. It's such a positive environment to be in and my girls are very happy to be there. Save the drama for your momma!

apparently, I have upset a few of you especially the cp mom. I am so very sorry as that was not my intention. I only ask that you see it from my point for a moment before you judge. I am not stating that the mini cp is not talented, but from what was voiced to me at the gym the last few days was that it was apparent that this cp is always in the gym and that the mom may be overworking her. This you have clarified is not the case..so I am so sorry. There has been conversatino in the gym about this cp and some others, but my only concern was on how the ages vary so much on a mini team. some girls are very young and very talented and can go on a team with girls 2-3 yrs older with almost the same skill set but not maturity. I understand your cp has just turned 6 and the way her skill set is reaching may make the mini 2 team next year. My cp will probably be on the mini 2 team as well but will be 9 in november. I am already dealing with questions from her on why she would be on a mini 2 instead of a youth 2 or junior 2. at UA. I know the skills at UA are tougher but I would like my daughter to feel a sense of accomplishment and her being with a 6 yr old next season is a little demoralizing for her (it is just natural she feel this way). As for the placement during the routine, it was stated that your cp is usually upfront during the routines and is the center base for the pyrmaid and stunts and is the main tumbler, yes some did find this as favortism but we both know that weather true or not that is how some feel. I will plan to approach you at the gym this week so I can properly introduce myself as well as apoligize in person. I truly meant not disrespect.

Can I ask, why is being on a team with a 6 year old demoralizing to an 8 year old??? IF that 8 year old were placed on a youth team with 11 year olds or on a junior team with 14 year olds (that's an even bigger age difference), should those older athletes feel demoralized for being on a team with YOUR 8 year old? Think about what you're saying. How would you feel if all this were directed at YOUR child. I find it absolutely ridiculous that any fellow cheer parent would criticize any young athlete for accomplishing new skills. If it were YOUR child who accomplished the skills and reached a new level, would you want HER held back?? Shouldn't we be celebrating these kids for having the passion and drive to work hard to progress to new levels?? Both my daughters work incredibly hard day in and day out to continue to improve their skills and reach new levels. They see the amazing talent at UA and that only motivates them to be better and to work harder so that they can be competitive and stand out among the best. My girls CELEBRATE when fellow UA athletes accomplish new skills and they are THRILLED when they have that talent as part of their team (regardless of age) because it only make the team better as whole.

Additionally, something all cheer parents need to remember is that coaches will place their best flyer at point, their best dancer at center, their best jumpers in front, and their best tumblers at last pass!! That's coaching 101!!! I know everyone wants their child in front or featured at some point in the routine, but in order to highlight the team's best skills and get the best scores, you put your best athletes in front. It's not about favoritism, but about showcasing your best talent! It's smart coaching. Also remember that athletes are placed on teams based on skill, but ALSO based on what position the team needs to fill at that time (especially if you're coming in mid-season).

Let's try to be POSITIVE from now on and SUPPORT these athletes for working hard and doing what they love!!

Don't you think this would be a good life lesson for her?? Not all kids are going to excel at the same rate, as a mom YOU should accept that. She is not always going to be placed where she 'thinks' she needs to be, as a child she should learn from that. This is a team sport and where other kids are placed, the coaches have their reasons. There is always someone better and that is a life lesson everyone should learn.

If you are new to this sport I advise you accept what I mentioned above and you will ENJOY this sport and ENJOY watching your child grow at her speed not what you think should be her speed. If not then you are in for some disappointments and neither one of you will have fun doing this. Good luck to you!

Ch
I just wanted to clear the air real quick. I am not sure who the 2 new people are posting about UA and the mini 1 or mini 2 teams but I felt it necessary to show my face. My daughter is the newest on the Mini 2 team and I am not the person who has posted these ridiculous comments nor had 1 bad thing to say about UA. I was with ICC for 3 years and never once made a negative comment even through the really bad time we just endured. Whoever is pretending to be me, stop because I am not your scapegoat. Anyone who knows me also knows that neither post was from me. I have been a member of the boards for years and let's not forget our IP address is logged every time we sign in so they know who you are and where your posting from.

As far as skills, if the kid has them then go ahead and put them wherever they need to be. We don't own the gym nor do we run the gym so if you have a concern take it to the top and stop pretending to be someone your not. Winning is a lot of fun, but having a strong friendship and happy set of girls on a team is most important. I can't even imagine what you are instilling on your children if you talk like this in front of them.

Stop using someone who is new to make a point. It's really unfair to me and my children because there are people who don't know the difference. You're hurting innocent children and I don't take kindly to that.

Kiki you rock! I love UA and I couldn't have felt more welcomed by the parents of Tiaras and those like Kiki. It's such a positive environment to be in and my girls are very happy to be there. Save the drama for your momma!

Thank you! I know it hasn't been you posting all of this, since I already know your screen name on here, and made sure the other Monarchs parents knew you were not the one stirring up issues. I think you and your girls have been an awesome addition to UA and we're happy to have you here.

CaliGirl

I know it is not you. I met you the first day at UA. I did not see the other persons post but I heard from Kiki22. Just so you know I have Bee walk over to my house today and apologize...yes I said walkover...she is my nieghbor!!!

Just to let everyone know...BEE and I have finally talked. She walked over to my house the am...yes...she is my neighbor!!! Thanks for the support everyone...don't know if I will be staying on the boards after today...this was just way too much drama for me.

Ch

Thank you! I know it hasn't been you posting all of this, since I already know your screen name on here, and made sure the other Monarchs parents knew you were not the one stirring up issues. I think you and your girls have been an awesome addition to UA and we're happy to have you here.
Thanks Kiki!!! You were the first to welcome me and the girls and it's been great since. Hopefully Carissa and the other Monarchs will be on the same team next year. They get along so well, I love it!

Just to let everyone know...BEE and I have finally talked. She walked over to my house the am...yes...she is my neighbor!!! Thanks for the support everyone...don't know if I will be staying on the boards after today...this was just way too much drama for me.
Too funny, it's a small small world.

I'm sorry that your first experience on the board consisted of so much drama. I hope you're back. I like seeing you on the boards, your daughter is very cute and talented!

Back