All-Star Fishing For Compliments

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Am I the only one that is really annoyed by people coming onto fierceboard and OBVIOUSLY being affiliated with a gym and posting about them repeatedly?
Don't start a new thread and post "What do you think about this team? I think they're pretty amazing!" when it's SO obvious that you're from there. It's tacky.
Also, if you've made comments where you basically tell everyone where you're from- DON'T COMMENT ON SAID TEAM AND TELL EVERYONE HOW FIERCE THEIR DANCE
IS!
Y'all. I'm gonna lose it.

Exactly.............. I really never post on here about the gym I work for.. I will leave that to others...:) I have maybe once or twice commented on when I feel someone has just said something that may/might not be true, or just a snarky comment about uniforms,personel, or the gym in general, not heated though. Been in this business long enough to know that arguing with someone on a blog will never change much anyway......:fro:

Am I the only one that is really annoyed by people coming onto fierceboard and OBVIOUSLY being affiliated with a gym and posting about them repeatedly?
Don't start a new thread and post "What do you think about this team? I think they're pretty amazing!" when it's SO obvious that you're from there. It's tacky.
Also, if you've made comments where you basically tell everyone where you're from- DON'T COMMENT ON SAID TEAM AND TELL EVERYONE HOW FIERCE THEIR DANCE
IS!
Y'all. I'm gonna lose it.

I don't think they are always necessarily fishing for compliments... Sometimes the intention may be to gain exposure for that gym/team. If your gym is not one of the "big name gyms" yet you have 1 or 2 incredible teams this season then maybe you want to share that with the cheer world since exposure doesn't occur by itself unless you are senior elite. I see it more as a recognition/approval thing than fishing for compliments

This has been happening since the beginning of time, or our time anyway lol. It's always been annoying, and I used to get extremely aggravated. Now I just skip those threads. My blood pressure stays normal, and I'm a happy girl.

What if I really like the dance of the senior team in my gym? I don't practice with and don't even see them very much, but if someone else posts about how fierce their dance is, can't I agree with them?

Of course you can. This is more the people that come on out of nowhere and post a video and pretend they're not affiliated when it's obvious. If someone wants to come on the video thread and say, "This is my Senior 3 team, they've done really well and I am proud of them. I wanted to share this with you guys to get your opinion", then I'd say it's fine, too. There's just certain posters that are obnoxious in their delivery.

I don't think they are always necessarily fishing for compliments... Sometimes the intention may be to gain exposure for that gym/team. If your gym is not one of the "big name gyms" yet you have 1 or 2 incredible teams this season then maybe you want to share that with the cheer world since exposure doesn't occur by itself unless you are senior elite. I see it more as a recognition/approval thing than fishing for compliments

I agree and I don't think anyone minds if the poster is upfront in saying basically "I am really proud of our team and want to share." I am assuming (anyone feel free to correct me) the gripe is with those who present a video in a manner where they either don't acknowledge the connection or they think they are subtle (fail) and are basically "golly, gee I'm kinda embarrassed to post our poor little team, but here it is, please don't be too mean to poor little us."

Of course you can. This is more the people that come on out of nowhere and post a video and pretend they're not affiliated when it's obvious. If someone wants to come on the video thread and say, "This is my Senior 3 team, they've done really well and I am proud of them. I wanted to share this with you guys to get your opinion", then I'd say it's fine, too. There's just certain posters that are obnoxious in their delivery.

I get that. I certainly wouldn't start a new thread to promote them, that's fo' sho'

I am assuming (anyone feel free to correct me) the gripe is with those who present a video in a manner where they either don't acknowledge the connection or they think they are subtle (fail) and are basically "golly, gee I'm kinda embarrassed to post our poor little team, but here it is, please don't be too mean to poor little us."
Ugh, it's like when people post pics on Facebook and are all "Ignore this one, I look sooo bad"
Uh sorry sweetie, I will not give in and tell that you look pretty...or say that your routine is actually amazing. I refuse to give in to pitty posts.

Ugh, it's like when people post pics on Facebook and are all "Ignore this one, I look sooo bad"
Uh sorry sweetie, I will not give in and tell that you look pretty...or say that your routine is actually amazing. I refuse to give in to pitty posts.

OMG. The WORST. Don't you want to punch them and just be like, THEN DON'T MAKE IT YOUR PROFILE PICTURE, YOU IDIOT!"

Back