All-Star For Us Moms Who "judge" From The Stands...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My parents don't care about cheerleading. They believe its a waste of time and money. My mother actually went to cheersport this year, I paid for the hotel & my own airfare all she had to do was pay for her plane ticket...& she complained the entire time we were there and didn't even come watch my teams last performance or see me us win a awards. And has yet to congratulate me!

I'm completely jealous of anyone who has parents that are caring when it comes to sports.

Don't worry Diva!!! I saw you win Cheersport!!! You and my Princess winning jackets in the same awards ceremony and our hot mess of a picture was the HIGHLIGHT of my weekend. I love you!!!

My mom never really gets into competitions, she actually hates them, but she always watches my division and tries to remember how teams did. But she always seems to tell me that she thinks all of the other teams were better than we were. Even when we win she will be surprised we beat Craptastic's team.

This last season at Cheer America Nationals we sat on the floor in front of the score screen and wrote down everyone's scores in the Level 2 divisions, a number crunching mom then broke it down into percentages for day 1. By the time she was done we knew exactly where we stood in relation to the rest of the divisions and what we needed to score for Grand.
I never missed a competition for either one of my kids that did cheer. Due to insane admission prices and parking dh has only been to one comp and her older sister has never seen her compete. Our youngest was the groupie because even though she was 8 she was small and played "6" really well (so she got in free).
Even without cp in cheer right now we still have comps to go to! We are going to a DCC comp in November so she can watch her friends from Liberty All Stars compete. Then we will be going to Spirit Celebration to watch Angelica on LadyKatz, other CA friends and her old team at Spirit compete. Then NCA and Amazing! during Nationals season.

I've been in the sport 11 years and my mom doesn't know what anything is... Except for a tic-toc... Or in her words "the thing where you switch feet in the air."

You.. guys.. are..AWESOME!! My dad never went to my competitions because "he would get a heart attack". Hes glad i cant cheer anymore:( (which is sad to hear). The only reason i cant cheer anymore is because my doctor says so :'(. my mom was a cheerleader when she was in highschool so she loved going to my competitions. My step mom only went to a few but she always had a first aid kit with her at all times lol. I wish my dad went to at least one of my competitions.. oh well :(
i never knew mothers would keep score at competitions!!! I havent seen any moms do that up here lol.

Good luck this season girlies :)

My parents don't care about cheerleading. They believe its a waste of time and money. My mother actually went to cheersport this year, I paid for the hotel & my own airfare all she had to do was pay for her plane ticket...& she complained the entire time we were there and didn't even come watch my teams last performance or see me us win a awards. And has yet to congratulate me!

I'm completely jealous of anyone who has parents that are caring when it comes to sports.
I completely can't imagine this. We took both our CPs to CHEERSPORT two years ago when our gym went for the first time ever. They only took the senior teams because most of us had come from janktastic Allstars (like 70% of the gym) and they weren't ready for the spectacle. In short the coaches thought they'd crack without a bit more experience since most of us had only competed in the high school gym/comps small enough to win because you were the only team in the division type competition.

We'd never even HEARD of cheersport.

So. They only took our two senior teams in our second year. We knew our CPs would probably get that added to the schedule the following season.....we (cheersport is always on my birthday weekend) ,loaded up and went as spectators to cheer on our two teams and introduce them to the "real" world.

When our sr coed 4 won, they put up a video from awards.....I STILL cry every time I watch it and my kids weren't even ON that team! Thy did a video last year that focused on kids and their parents at cheersport and I cried again. It is my kids ONLY goal to win that this year (they could lose all year but win in Atlanta and be satisfied) and dear god help me if that happens...on my birthday weekend....I may be all "I'm tough, I never cry"

Um...they win that jacket and I'm done.

And for the record it's not because I'm reliving some youthful dream...I played volleyball. It's because I "get" what an accomplishment that is, for right now it's their "worlds" and I know they want it more than anything (ESP after last years showing). That's why I would cry, hug and scream from the rooftops (to people that have NO clue) MY KID JUST WON CHEERSPORT! I can't imagine anyone not doing the same thing for their kids :(

Girl, what team are you on?! If you're at cheersport this year, I'm coming to watch YOU! I'll give you some of my cheersport love....I have plenty to go around!!!

For the kids whose moms don't care, the OTHER moms who are there do care. Know that. Or at least I do. I watch all the girls on the team like they are my babies. Heck, I have kids at other gyms that I watch like they are mine. I want them all to succeed and have an awesome time. I don't get it. I will miss the first competition in 9 years this year due to a family wedding.:( And when you are parents one day, remember how you felt even if your kid signs up for competitive underwater basket weaving and go!

I completely can't imagine this. We took both our CPs to CHEERSPORT two years ago when our gym went for the first time ever. They only took the senior teams because most of us had come from janktastic Allstars (like 70% of the gym) and they weren't ready for the spectacle. In short the coaches thought they'd crack without a bit more experience since most of us had only competed in the high school gym/comps small enough to win because you were the only team in the division type competition.

We'd never even HEARD of cheersport.

So. They only took our two senior teams in our second year. We knew our CPs would probably get that added to the schedule the following season.....we (cheersport is always on my birthday weekend) ,loaded up and went as spectators to cheer on our two teams and introduce them to the "real" world.

When our sr coed 4 won, they put up a video from awards.....I STILL cry every time I watch it and my kids weren't even ON that team! Thy did a video last year that focused on kids and their parents at cheersport and I cried again. It is my kids ONLY goal to win that this year (they could lose all year but win in Atlanta and be satisfied) and dear god help me if that happens...on my birthday weekend....I may be all "I'm tough, I never cry"

Um...they win that jacket and I'm done.

And for the record it's not because I'm reliving some youthful dream...I played volleyball. It's because I "get" what an accomplishment that is, for right now it's their "worlds" and I know they want it more than anything (ESP after last years showing). That's why I would cry, hug and scream from the rooftops (to people that have NO clue) MY KID JUST WON CHEERSPORT! I can't imagine anyone not doing the same thing for their kids :(

Girl, what team are you on?! If you're at cheersport this year, I'm coming to watch YOU! I'll give you some of my cheersport love....I have plenty to go around!!!

Be prepared because you will sob like a baby!! There is nothing that could ever prepare you for the moment your child walks out of the back curtain wearing a jacket!!! My middle won her first jacket last year after 5 years of trying, on her birthday weekend. Her bestest friend Angelica won her first jacket that same awards ceremony.......

I still remember my little bit winning with Youth Elite. They line up by size and she was the 2nd to smallest on that team so she came out really quickly and I still remember her face in that moment. I'm excited for your CP's potential to make this a reality for themselves. It's a priceless moment!!

When we first got into this sport we had no idea what we were signing up for. LOL My little one wasn't even old enough to be on a team. My Mom and I would take them to all the competitions. In Nov of the 2nd season we were at Athletic Championships in Winston Salem. When dropping the kids off to their teams I looked around and saw the other Dad's there. I called Mr Tealy and said........."Look they compete at (Fill in time here I don't remember. Very O Dark early though!!). You have an hour to shower and get your butt to the coliseum and watch them. He didn't even get there with enough time to make it into the parent section, he watched it from the stands. After that weekend you would have had to beat him off with a stick. He was at every single one for years and years. But I do remember clearly who WAS down front with me cheering her on!!! Mo-Lissa. T-O-N. That was SOOO long ago!!! LMAO

With the travel schedule these last few years it's not always possible to fly all of us to where we need to be so we've taken to alternating years going to NCA. We all went 3 years ago. I went 2 years ago. He went last year. I go this year. His turn next season. Etc etc etc.

I feel so sad for the parents who missed all this time with their kids on trips. Some of our best memories over the years have been all piled into the car heading to Atlanta or Nashville or Orlando or DC or Indy. With 2 aged out and 1 left cheering we cherish those memories and times that we were all together.

samantha says "The Clampett's come to Cheersport" LMAO That was a great trip wasn't it??

Be prepared because you will sob like a baby!! There is nothing that could ever prepare you for the moment your child walks out of the back curtain wearing a jacket!!! My middle won her first jacket last year after 5 years of trying, on her birthday weekend. Her bestest friend Angelica won her first jacket that same awards ceremony.......

I still remember my little bit winning with Youth Elite. They line up by size and she was the 2nd to smallest on that team so she came out really quickly and I still remember her face in that moment. I'm excited for your CP's potential to make this a reality for themselves. It's a priceless moment!!
I'm excited for their potential too. Right now I just want them to fell better about the experience to begin with. They really like that competition, my princess says it's her favorite to compete in. Last year she finished 10/15 and he was dead last at 7/7. Now, in his team's defense the margin between 1 and 7 was tiny...but still...last doesn't sit well with us.

Frankly, I'm a realist (although people will say it's negative) and I've looked at the wiki for lrg J4. I would think top half among that field would be the best we can hope for this year. We're going to have a great team, but the wiki is ridiculously intimidating. A top three finish would be insanity. I think I'd fall out if they won, but again - looking at the field - I'm thinking their second official trip to cheersport is probably not going to be the "victory" they're working for. Again, not being negative...just keeping it real....but, you never know, I guess. February is still a bit away.

Lucky I got to watch both yours win their jackets, they are so awesome.

I still remember lil winning that NCA jacket. That was our first full year at the gym and I was as happy for those little ones as I could have been for my own. I think them JE and SJX all got theirs that year didn't they?

I totally don't get parents who don't go. Missing a competition is a deal breaker for me. We go to all of them, both of us. We take off work, we travel together. It's family time. My husband builds light up signs, I score teams, I video theirs so we can review it and (if it's one they want to put up) post to Facebook so their friends can see what they do. Our son started marching band this year and it's our first time going band competitions and we do that as a family too. I just don't see how people can be so disassociated from such a big part of their kids' lives.
Amen! I wouldn't miss a second...not for anything! It's going by too fast anyway....I don't want to miss a thing!

When we first got into this sport we had no idea what we were signing up for. LOL My little one wasn't even old enough to be on a team. My Mom and I would take them to all the competitions. In Nov of the 2nd season we were at Athletic Championships in Winston Salem. When dropping the kids off to their teams I looked around and saw the other Dad's there. I called Mr Tealy and said........."Look they compete at (Fill in time here I don't remember. Very O Dark early though!!). You have an hour to shower and get your butt to the coliseum and watch them. He didn't even get there with enough time to make it into the parent section, he watched it from the stands. After that weekend you would have had to beat him off with a stick. He was at every single one for years and years. But I do remember clearly who WAS down front with me cheering her on!!! Mo-Lissa. T-O-N. That was SOOO long ago!!! LMAO

With the travel schedule these last few years it's not always possible to fly all of us to where we need to be so we've taken to alternating years going to NCA. We all went 3 years ago. I went 2 years ago. He went last year. I go this year. His turn next season. Etc etc etc.

I feel so sad for the parents who missed all this time with their kids on trips. Some of our best memories over the years have been all piled into the car heading to Atlanta or Nashville or Orlando or DC or Indy. With 2 aged out and 1 left cheering we cherish those memories and times that we were all together.

samantha says "The Clampett's come to Cheersport" LMAO That was a great trip wasn't it??
So loved traveling with the Clampett's.... I remember my first year coaching at ACE and a text from you... "so... you're not staying with us this year...?" LOL... Miss your family

Then we will be going to Spirit Celebration to watch Angelica on LadyKatz, other CA friends and her old team at Spirit compete. Then NCA and Amazing! during Nationals season.
You are so sweet :) As far as i know Ladykatz arent attending the bid event but all Level 5-6 are competing Nov 4th in Arlington ! Either way ill probably see you at the bid event! I hope you and your fam are doing great!

Don't worry Diva!!! I saw you win Cheersport!!! You and my Princess winning jackets in the same awards ceremony and our hot mess of a picture was the HIGHLIGHT of my weekend. I love you!!!
I love you & miss your family bunches!! Thank you so much for this. Best part of my weekend as well!

lol Thanks so much! CA isnt attending cheersport this year, but our DA is ! (well its on the comp schedule for them) if you go to nca please let me know id love to meet you and your cp!:)

I'm excited for their potential too. Right now I just want them to fell better about the experience to begin with. They really like that competition, my princess says it's her favorite to compete in. Last year she finished 10/15 and he was dead last at 7/7. Now, in his team's defense the margin between 1 and 7 was tiny...but still...last doesn't sit well with us.

Frankly, I'm a realist (although people will say it's negative) and I've looked at the wiki for lrg J4. I would think top half among that field would be the best we can hope for this year. We're going to have a great team, but the wiki is ridiculously intimidating. A top three finish would be insanity. I think I'd fall out if they won, but again - looking at the field - I'm thinking their second official trip to cheersport is probably not going to be the "victory" they're working for. Again, not being negative...just keeping it real....but, you never know, I guess. February is still a bit away.

The harder it is to get something the sweeter it feels when it happens!! They have plenty of time!! ;)

Back