All-Star Full Outs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In September and October, they did 3 full outs a practice regardless just to get their stamina ready for comp season. But, at this point, depends on my kids! It is all up to them- if they hit 0 deductions first time at this point in the season, they don't have to go completely full out again. We will run more routines but they will be all-stunts, or full out until the end of main stunts, or all tumbling. If they don't hit the first time, we will do 1-2 more. I think the most we have run in a practice is 4 FULL outs for a level 5 team, and 5-6 for a Level 3 or 4. Level 1s and 2s can go full-out a lot more without it being dangerous. But once you start doing more than 3 full-outs on a level 5 team, you have to consider the childrens' fatigue and make sure they are safe. Which is why we will keep working them hard with specific portions of the routine but usually won't do more than 3 complete full-outs for our level 5.

that is one of my issue with CP senior 3 team. They dont go full out during practices. They go through stunts & pyramid over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Then will run through tumbling. I watch them during comps and by the time they get to the pyramid, they have lost their momentum and energy and it shows. I talked with one of the coaches and they don't want to go full out for last practice before a comp to avoid injury. :confused::eek:

that is one of my issue with CP senior 3 team. They dont go full out during practices. They go through stunts & pyramid over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Then will run through tumbling. I watch them during comps and by the time they get to the pyramid, they have lost their momentum and energy and it shows. I talked with one of the coaches and they don't want to go full out for last practice before a comp to avoid injury. :confused::eek:

If they're are worried about injury that much, IMHO I would say they have no business doing those skills. I understand accidents happen and maybe wanting to perserve their energy for the comp the next day but if there is a day or two in-between.... that's just my coaching style though.

There is a team in my gym that I think is going to run in to that problem this year. They haven't done the routine full-out ever and the first comp is on Saturday. I'll be curious to see how practices go this week. My team does multiple full-outs almost every practice and we still don't have their endurance where I would like to be.

I cheer for a small gym in IL. On my senior 4 team we usually do 3-5 full-outs. It all depends on the practice and what hit the first times.

Lately on the teams I coach, we haven't had the attendance where it needs to be because of sick kids which makes doing pyramid and stunts difficult but I usually have my teams do three routines (where everything hits) as full out as possible. If we need to spend a practice drilling something or cleaning, we'll do it and possibly not get to full outs during that practice. But that only happens the week after a competition or when we have long breaks between competitions and we are making lots of changes. The week of a completion I try to clean and warm up the routine the first hour, and then work trouble spots and sections the next half hour, then run it with music with just stunts or just tumbling for the next fifteen minutes, and the last fifteen are reserved for full out routines. It doesn't always work out according to plan but that's what I try and make our goal.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My team goes full out at least 3-4 times during practice. More recently it has been 5-7, and some run throughs with watered down elements. I cheer for Maryland Twisters. I think it really depends on your team and coaches because last year I didn't go full out as much, about 2-3 times.

We do 3-5 "fullouts" each practise, but without tumbling. Since we practise without mats (yes, i know) we can only really go full out once a month or every 6 weeks when we have a full size floor rented.

Apparently I'm crazy and try for 10+ with my team. I need to be able to know they can hit a rewind to low high that happens at 1:45 before a 3 structure 2.5 high pyramid sequence. I've also started to play the music and have them do burpees for the 2:30....nothing helps stamina like burpees. Suddenly a full out doesn't seem so bad when confronted with that!

For Stingrays, we do them until we hit, it could be 1 time or 6 times. Then we do all stunts or all tumbling

Back