All-Star Full Up Machine

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What I don't get is: Does the pedal make the machine rotate oder so you always have to initiate the rotation yourself (or with a spot)?

here are some pictures of my selfmade full up machine. it seemed a great product to me, but it was too expensive, not only the machine but also the shipping to europe. especially because once you get how to do it, you wont use it anymore. it might not be that fancy, but it works ok.
I bought the wooden construction at ikea, but I guess someone handy can easily built it himself, its two wooden boards connected in a way it can spin, than i sticked those black stripes on it, this is anti-skid tape, so they wont slip off while spinning.
the flyer must place her foot in the middle of the board en push off to spin, the second foot must be placed close to the first foot, otherwise the board will stop spinning, so its good to help the flyer keep her feet well togheter. I let the spotter stand behind the flyer to stop her spin. it also helped the spotter understand when to grab the flyer during the stunt. before the board she was always late.
to test it, I made one flyer try a full up without practising on the board first, it went wrong, she didnt fully spin and didnt place her feet right. the first few times on the board she didnt do it righ either, she didnt stand up tight so her bodyweight moved to one place, making the board stop before she fully spinned. than after a while she did it right and we tried again doing to full up stunt and she inmediatly did it right!

m73new.jpg
4qlxra.jpg
2znzi4m.jpg

Definitely have never seen nor heard of this before! Thanks for posting a video..I had a "mae flyer" that my Mom bought ages ago at battle at the capitol, I probably used it for like barely a month and I couldn't even tell you where it is now. IMO flying on that thing was wayy harder than it really is and if anything lowered your self esteem haha The only major difference I see with the full up machine is the muscle memory/repetition, it actually kind of makes sense. However, I've never tried it..but it seems like it would be a good tool for a newer flyer who needs to simply working on twisting.

Ha ha... and it even came with little silver dishes that go around the outside.
Some old lady is rolling in her grave because I am using "Aunt Bessy's" lazy Susan as a full up machine.
It has really great ball bearings.

Ha ha... and it even came with little silver dishes that go around the outside.
Some old lady is rolling in her grave because I am using "Aunt Bessy's" lazy Susan as a full up machine.
It has really great ball bearings.

hahaha... Aunt Bessy is practicing her barrel roll for the level 2 team at Cemetery All Stars... What's the diameter? I was looking at 16 inch... I think 22inch would be too big yeah?

Back