High School Full Ups

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I say Go with it. haha if they hit with an extra bounce first then leave it there. Last year the team I coached had 3 returning cheerleaders and the rest were all new, never cheered before. I had them start learning preps and extensions with this "1,2 (flyer loads in) another 1,2 bases dip and extend" it was all timing. As they progressed they asked if they could just load in and go straight into it, they started hitting that way as well.

I say Go with it. haha if they hit with an extra bounce first then leave it there. Last year the team I coached had 3 returning cheerleaders and the rest were all new, never cheered before. I had them start learning preps and extensions with this "1,2 (flyer loads in) another 1,2 bases dip and extend" it was all timing. As they progressed they asked if they could just load in and go straight into it, they started hitting that way as well.

Yes I think after they start hitting it continuously with the extra bounce that'll be easier for them to start cleaning it up and maybe taking a bounce out, but I'm just proud that they are hitting it. After two weeks of continuously trying the excitement and freak out session they had right after totally made my day. They were so happy so as long as it works for them I'm fine with it :)

There is no better feeling than working as hard as you can and gaining a new skill. That's why I love this sport. Tell your girls good job and congrats!

Yes I think after they start hitting it continuously with the extra bounce that'll be easier for them to start cleaning it up and maybe taking a bounce out, but I'm just proud that they are hitting it. After two weeks of continuously trying the excitement and freak out session they had right after totally made my day. They were so happy so as long as it works for them I'm fine with it :)

This is the best. feeling. ever.

Back