All-Star Fulls Dx

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 1, 2010
Bad tumbling day, so my fulls are gettin nowhere today.
I know what Im doin wrong, I just cant seem to get my body to work in harmony.

So, when you're fulling, what do you think about that helps you? What was your breakthrough moment when you suddenly understood, and, any tips on gettin there?

When it comes to fulls I usually don't run into them more like just jog into them I stay relaxed the whole time and then when it comes to the actual full I punch up as hard as I can. Get my hands up and point my toes. Then I bring my arms up and around my shoulder. I do my fulls kind of like a flier does a full down.

"Twist through your toes, not through your shoulders" was the best advice someone gave me when learning, hit the layout as you begin twisting tighten and lift your hips as you twist. Help me

what's the problem, though? what's happening with your full? not making it all the way around?piking?what?

My hips and shoulders and feet arent cooperating. I pull super hard in my shoulders and my hips go nowhere. I pull super hard through my hips and my shoulders go nowhere. I kept halfing and its super frustratingggg

Punch off the balls of your feet, set in a high V, and pull like no tomorrow. It helped me when I was learning my full, to pull with my arms up and bent at the elbows. DONT twist with your arms down, that gets your no-where. But when you get better, you should be able to stop your twist by pulling your arms out.

Try what @omgitskenny said. Really punch up and pull UP not down. Just make sure to point your toes and you butt and abs so you twist like a board. Heres a vid of my full, its easier to see what I mean lol.

My hips and shoulders and feet arent cooperating. I pull super hard in my shoulders and my hips go nowhere. I pull super hard through my hips and my shoulders go nowhere. I kept halfing and its super frustratingggg

ok this is pretty easy to fix...suck in your stomach an try to "bring all the air to your rib cage" make sure while you do tsyou squeeze your butt super tight this will automatcally give you a more hallow shape...this should fix the problem

First of all, you have to remember the hollow body position you are SUPPOSED to hit in a layout, and don't let yourself get in an arched position, because it will start to look ugly, you can see kickdblcj hits the hollow position throughout.
Second of all, don't pull with your shoulders a whole lot, you aren't doubling. You only have to make it around once, so twist your whole upper body, and stay tight so your feet and legs may follow, pulling just your hips or just your shoulders will get you nowhere, and like many have said, SQUEEZE!
A lot of young gymnasts don't get this, I'm assuming cheerleaders as well, squeezing your ab muscles and your butt muscles and every possible muscle you could ever think of will help dramatically, it will also keep your full looking very pretty, instead of some janky piked full, with your feet coming apart.

Can you do a 1/2??? Also try jumping up and down on a tramp and doing a rebound full twist, DO NOT FLIP. Just get your body working together. You can also do a back hand spring on to a soft mat where you land on your stomach. After you block through the hand stand position do a half with yor arms by your ears, once it gets easy make it a full. I have included a vid/link below to help you visualize.

3 T's! Tall Toes Twist. thats all i think about. Tall first because you have to have a tight high set. then toes because you must pull your toes over to begin your rotation. and twist last because it is the last thing you should think about. i got my full the week after my tumble coach told me tall toes twist!

Back