All-Star Gabi Butler New Team Debut "lionheart"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well for me it is also not the first time hearing about how IO Teams in the US are not as serious when it comes to mandatory practices. I follow a Girl on Youtube who has been on an IO5 Team that used to be IO6 before i think, she just recently switched gyms and i think she said because the old team just wasn't as serious. Also a friend of mine has been on an IO6 Team when she stayed in the US for year and it was also more like a real Open Team because people had to miss sometimes because of work or school or stuff like that, i don't think they ever went for a Worlds Bid though. I am under the impression though that there is also a difference between IO5 and IO6 , i feel like the top IO5 teams are definitly very serious about practices and such, while IO6 is a different story. I may be wrong though

There is also a different between IO6 and Open 6...I know a handful of smaller gyms have just an "open" team, and they go level six, throw one tuck basket, a bunch of handsprings, a few tucks/layouts and maybe one scary full. They do it for fun, usually don't have legit full teams ever during the season, and possibly get a bid to US Finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open teams vary widely across the US, where as in other countries (I believe due to the general age at which people start) it tends to be a proper division. You've got everything from CA Wildcats to IOC6 teams like mine who barely had the same group every practice (and we were trying to practice just once a week).

I don't know if your theory is true... but here there is a local IOC6 team of mostly coaches and college cheerleaders. They are not too serious, I don't think they even have uniforms. Still pretty good though!
it's not really a theory lol, just some observations which could be totally wrong and just special cases

Yeah, we don't even have a routine yet. We compete in the middle of March. And then one other time in April. If we get a worlds bid great, if we don't, well it was fun.

We just started after Christmas though and it's a brand new ioc5 team for this gym. We'll see how it goes.

Yeah, we don't even have a routine yet. We compete in the middle of March. And then one other time in April. If we get a worlds bid great, if we don't, well it was fun.

We just started after Christmas though and it's a brand new ioc5 team for this gym. We'll see how it goes.

Isn't cheer supposed to be fun? When it stops being fun then what? I think Lionheart is great. I love that Ashley is still cheering she is amazing and you can tell she loves it. She is in amazing shape.

I love how close the Butler Family is. People can say whatever they want but they seem to do everything together.

Isn't cheer supposed to be fun? When it stops being fun then what? I think Lionheart is great. I love that Ashley is still cheering she is amazing and you can tell she loves it. She is in amazing shape.

I love how close the Butler Family is. People can say whatever they want but they seem to do everything together.
I think you misunderstood. I wasn't saying it isn't fun? I was just saying if we get a worlds bid then that's great but it's not the end of the world if we don't. We're just happy to be back out there again having fun.

Sorry but I'm way underwhelmed.

If you cast a heap of Oscar-winning actors in a movie, it doesn't necessarily mean that the film will be great and the acting will be amazing. They still need a good script, good direction and a leader to pull them all together. It's exactly the same for these athletes, who are undeniably talented, but are not working cohesively as a team. So the routine is sloppy, with poor technique and performance.

Also the hoods and black lipstick make no dang sense. Are they trying to be k00ky and hip$ta?

If you cast a heap of Oscar-winning actors in a movie, it doesn't necessarily mean that the film will be great and the acting will be amazing. They still need a good script, good direction and a leader to pull them all together. It's exactly the same for these athletes, who are undeniably talented, but are not working cohesively as a team. So the routine is sloppy, with poor technique and performance.

Also the hoods and black lipstick make no dang sense. Are they trying to be k00ky and hip$ta?
Extra shimmies for the dollar sign 's'.

100% in agreement.

Two words: Valentine's. Day. *bleh*

That reminds me of this quote
37182fad07d1901f8bcebd2a8bb062a4.jpg

Back