All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I am going to stir the pot a bit here...

I do not know the Butlers. My CP attended one of Gabi's tumble clinics last year, thought it was a fine day tumbling did not "learn" much more than she already knew but had a good time tumbling with her friends. So kudos to the Butler family for laying the ground work for name recognition with the clinics and moving around to different gyms in different areas of the country to get some exposure, that was a smart business move.

But here is my question. She started out at TG. I don't the exact reasons that she left TG but assumed that they left on relatively good terms. Why would you open a gym in the same market, an already saturated market no less, as your mentor? Or at least the mentor who sort of put your name on the map so to speak. It just seems kind of, well, rude.

I certainly think that all of this cheerlebrity stuff the Butlers have been doing over the past few years was in an effort to do exactly this...open a gym. You can't fault them for capitalizing on the "name" at this point.

I can also understand that she is probably tired of traveling around and would most likely want to settle down near her family. Just seems weird to me that at this point she is starting that she herself will cheer on, that is a HUGE conflict of interest IMO. I wouldn't want to put my CP on a team that was created around another athlete seems like some drama in the making. Why not finish out the next year or two on an established team? I mean it is only a few more years.

She has been home schooled I assume and who knows maybe she has already gotten some dual credit college business courses under her belt by now.

OK done stirring!

I do not know the Butlers. My CP attended one of Gabi's tumble clinics last year, thought it was a fine day tumbling did not "learn" much more than she already knew but had a good time tumbling with her friends. So kudos to the Butler family for laying the ground work for name recognition with the clinics and moving around to different gyms in different areas of the country to get some exposure, that was a smart business move.

But here is my question. She started out at TG. I don't the exact reasons that she left TG but assumed that they left on relatively good terms. Why would you open a gym in the same market, an already saturated market no less, as your mentor? Or at least the mentor who sort of put your name on the map so to speak. It just seems kind of, well, rude.

I certainly think that all of this cheerlebrity stuff the Butlers have been doing over the past few years was in an effort to do exactly this...open a gym. You can't fault them for capitalizing on the "name" at this point.

I can also understand that she is probably tired of traveling around and would most likely want to settle down near her family. Just seems weird to me that at this point she is starting that she herself will cheer on, that is a HUGE conflict of interest IMO. I wouldn't want to put my CP on a team that was created around another athlete seems like some drama in the making. Why not finish out the next year or two on an established team? I mean it is only a few more years.

She has been home schooled I assume and who knows maybe she has already gotten some dual credit college business courses under her belt by now.

OK done stirring!
The family isn't too far from TG so if she is looking to live at home opening a location near TG is inevitable. Also if she stays near TG it is possible she can attract some athletes that may not make 005. Not touching the other question.

**shall I release the hounds**

OK done stirring!

while i can see why a lot of people would think this, cause it kinda would make sense. But i cant really say that she comes off as a person who wants to build a team just around her and for her to be the center of attention 24/7, her personality really does not give me that vibe. Plus these are older athletes considering the level she is trying to field a team in, so i cant see a ton of parental involvement to begin with.

at this point i just question whether she really will be able to control a bunch of athletes older then her. i mean whats the age bracket for that division? and isnt she only 16 or 17?

It is very easy to take business classes in high school especially if you are homeschooled. If I were her I would have taken classes in business in high school. At my high school you can take intro to business as soon as freshman year and can take other classes over the other three years. She could have already taken four years of business classes in high school.

It is very easy to take business classes in high school especially if you are homeschooled. If I were her I would have taken classes in business in high school. At my high school you can take intro to business as soon as freshman year and can take other classes over the other three years. She could have already taken four years of business classes in high school.
I took a few business classes throughout high school and I don't think I would have been able to start a business at 17. As a business admin major I can definitely say that there's much more to learn than what they teach you in high school business classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a few business classes throughout high school and I don't think I would have been able to start a business at 17. As a business admin major I can definitely say that there's much more to learn than what they teach you in high school business classes.

Amen. I took business classes in high school and I still can't even figure out how to fill my w-4.

I have great respect for anyone with ambitions at a young age, and there's no doubt that a lot of successful people started when they were young.

...But I also want to give these girls a hug and say that it's okay to just be kids. There's only a very narrow window that we have in life to enjoy school, college, friends, parties, part-time jobs, the mall, having very few responsibilities, etc. As someone who is just on the other side of that window, I'd encourage them that while it's great to have aspirations, they shouldn't rush to grow up too fast.

I have great respect for anyone with ambitions at a young age, and there's no doubt that a lot of successful people started when they were young.

...But I also want to give these girls a hug and say that it's okay to just be kids. There's only a very narrow window that we have in life to enjoy school, college, friends, parties, part-time jobs, the mall, having very few responsibilities, etc. As someone who is just on the other side of that window, I'd encourage them that while it's great to have aspirations, they shouldn't rush to grow up too fast.
That is what mid a life crisis is for, to prove we are still young and rebellious even if our body says Sit Down.

**who let the dogs out?**

OK done stirring!

from what I can remember I don't think she left top gun on good terms. Someone could correct me if I am wrong but didn't she get kicked out of top gun because of her mother?
I could be wrong but this is what I remember hearing.

i'm just leaving this here : Just because an Open Team means the athletes are older doesn't mean they can't be childish, jealous or hard to work with , especially if you are coaching and being on the Team at the same time. It's always a struggle
I hope she will have an outside coach for the team, otherwise i don't see this working out so well

Last edited:
from what I can remember I don't think she left top gun on good terms. Someone could correct me if I am wrong but didn't she get kicked out of top gun because of her mother?
I could be wrong but this is what I remember hearing.

Her sister stayed at top gun for several years after Gabi left. So I don't know how accurate that is.

Her dad is (was) on the board, but I don't remember his name. Maybe he can shed light on how this is really going to be working, business wise.

Back