All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to walk away from this thread. Some of these comparisons and suggestions are just absolutely painful. Equating rape culture with what's happening here is quite frankly horrendous.

We all, EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS THREAD at least as far as I've seen, agree that the words JP used were inappropriate. No matter his feelings, he should NOT have spoken in such a way. The root of his message (about cheerlebrity clinics being potentially unsafe due to the lack of certification since these are typically KIDS not COACHES) is definitely a cause for concern now that they've reached the level of popularity they have. We're not torching and pitchforking because there is a young adult who is insisting on acting and being treated as an adult/business woman. With that does come some criticism and concern, PARTICULARLY due to the massive amount of responsibility and undertaking that this particular venture requires. She's not selling bows or designing a site or something, these are 16 and 17 year old YAs looking to be responsible for the health and safety of other people. If you think bad things aren't said to companies/people all the time, just read the #AskELJames tag on twitter.

This is like a 17 year old saying 'I'm going to create my own airliner/business and fly a small jet that I just got my license on a couple months ago.' Are you REALLY gonna wanna be the first one buying tickets?
The #AskELJames Q&A Twitter session was golden. Even better was that she and her PR staff really didn't see what they were opening themselves up to. I think my favorite went something like "Which do you hate more, women or the English language?"

I think this thread has to go. We can all agree to disagree. Anyone who still wants to voice out his opinions better go to your or your cp's practice. The examples from the start are exaggerated, to be frank. Let's move on people. Case closed.

I'm out of the loop for like a week and suddenly JP's back??? And calling an underage girl a "punk a$$"???

CHZfvp3.gif

One little thing: cheerlebs/cheer parents/famous people of all shapes and sizes, if you're going to put yourself in the public eye, be prepared for criticism.
If you call out a former athlete for 'deserting' you on a Youtube video (let's open that can of worms, shall we?), get ready for people to point out that this is slander. If you vent on Twitter about an athlete, be prepared for it to bite you in the butt.
If you allow your 17-year-old daughter, who has very little professional training or experience, to open a gym, then get ready for some backlash and for people to question whether it is the right decision.

Can I just be the first one to say, you should never disappear again. Like, ever.

The #AskELJames Q&A Twitter session was golden. Even better was that she and her PR staff really didn't see what they were opening themselves up to. I think my favorite went something like "Which do you hate more, women or the English language?"

The hashtag will forever be the highlight of my year! Seriously---if you don't know my own beef with that woman, well, let's just say I popped real popcorn, poured some wine, and gobbled that stuff up. And, while this most shock some of you, I'm actually not normally for public lashing like she got---but for Erika, I'll always make that exception.

Some good points raised in the last few pages---screw me and my real life for missing most of it---and some dogs or whatever @Cheer Dad thinks is a dog. I don't necessarily think this thread should be locked, but I do think the extremes need to be over when comparing this event to other far worse situations.

The reality is, business owners are subject to criticism. Does that make it right? Well, I guess that depends on your perspective. If you go somewhere and have a bad experience, do you not deserve the right to let other's know about your experience? I went out to eat last night with my husband and daughters and our order literally came out---main course, appetizers, then salads---and all within 15 minutes of each other. Did we laugh about it? Yes, and they've only been opened for a few weeks so I wasn't expecting perfection. But if this happens six months or a year from now, do I not have the right to write a review about it for others to see? Of course I do.

Being a business owner is not all rainbows and sunshines, and I say this as my 12 year old self who started my own eBay business because I wanted to make money and buy whatever I wanted. Dealing with adult customers was not easy, but you learn from the bad experiences to make better experiences in the future. We're all human---people make mistakes, and that's okay, but don't scream that people are being mean to you when you're being mean back. What example does that set? For me personally, that says if I attended your gym or clinic and had a bad experience and said that to people, then I'd become the next victim in your game of twitter war. Well, frankly, I'm too old for that stuff.

You either want to be a business person or you don't; make up your mind and deal with the consequences.

Back